Black Men : Black Brothers are Gods In the Making

GodofTomorrow

Jan 8, 2014
Dear brothers: we are gods in the making. No matter your spiritual or religious beliefs, please know this as fact. I know you because I know the passion that flows through my veins. You want to be better. You want to be the man you imagine without restrictions. You want to be a man she is proud of. You want to be a role model for young boys and men your own age. You want to build, create, to protect what is close to you. You want to be leaders. You want to be useful. You seek the truth. You are righteous and have a good heart. You have your head on straight and hustling is second nature.

Know that it is all these things, things you may feel make you vulnerable, that makes you a god in the making.

We are a people who have been systematically held down and told who we are for as long as we can remember. I am here to tell you: there is more to remember.

We need to remember ourselves as kings, philosophers, warriors, and lovers. We need to remember we created great cities, works of art, and mind bending concepts. We are the original people. Greatness flows through our veins only inhibited by our imagination and courage.

We need to stand together as true brothers. We need to recognize this isn't about class, gender, or sexual orientation. We need to remember that we cannot beg for scraps from a system that wants nothing to do with us. Our sisters need us as much as we want to be needed. Our sisters love us as much as we want to love them. We cannot allow whites or any other race dictate to us how to live our lives or how to treat one another.

A new system is in order. A new way of thinking about our station as blacks. Yes, there are many things wrong. But look how much we *can* do! There is nothing stopping us from having open and honest discussions about what it means to be a black man. There is nothing stopping us from examining sexism as a primary weapon of a white patriarchy. There is all the opportunity in the world to create an honor code we as black men can be proud to call our own.

We can decide and we can do.

Your input is most welcome. Thank you.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek

GodofTomorrow

Jan 8, 2014
I hope that's not supposed to be the end of discussion. Is there any where to download that book?

Do you find any other spiritual beliefs important besides that? And, if you follow that book, is your belief strict (as in not lending from other spiritualities?)

GodofTomorrow

Jan 8, 2014
Alright, I'll post some more ideas in here. I know we need this and I think it is important to view all of this outside of any strict cultural norms.

I know that we need to look at our history (black/African modern/ancient) and look at ourselves, then decide who and what we want to be. I know it is important for us to decide this without allowing anyone/thing/idea subjugate our sovereignty as spiritual beings. I know it is important for us to create our own codes of honor to live by and to check one another as equals when we see ourselves acting foolish. I know it is important for us to feel "Children tear one another down, Adults empower each other".

The other day (a few months ago) I was having a conversation with a brother my age. He informed me that it was perfectly acceptable for him to sleep with as many women as he wanted to, even if he was in a relationship. He then went on to explain that it is not alright for women to choose their sexual partners (wisely, I'm thinking), whether many or few.

To see a brother -- a black man -- tell me that his woman is automatically inferior to him because he happens to have a penis is deplorable an unacceptable behavior. To see him upholding norms which damage his relationship as well as his lady's with one another or future partners is a shame. To see him buying into the crap that he's been fed about himself and women is, however, ultimately unsurprising.

I think a serious discussion and analyzing of these stereotypes need to be had on a regular basis among brothers and sisters. In my heart I do not feel that black men and women really have the same "sexist" problems everyone else has. I believe sexism was something given to us in the same way colorism was. The same way Jesus was.

Thoughts?

Ictoan Itkfae

Apr 26, 2014
Dear brothers: we are gods in the making. No matter your spiritual or religious beliefs, please know this as fact. I know you because I know the passion that flows through my veins. You want to be better. You want to be the man you imagine without restrictions. You want to be a man she is proud of. You want to be a role model for young boys and men your own age. You want to build, create, to protect what is close to you. You want to be leaders. You want to be useful. You seek the truth. You are righteous and have a good heart. You have your head on straight and hustling is second nature...

Peace Bro. GodofTomorrow,

I am a Black man who is actually not some of the things that you say here. I love you and respect you but I just wanted to say that I'm not some of the things that you claim here in the above paragraph. I am destitute, without a wife or girlfriend, and more but I'm actually pretty satisfied; I didn't read all of your post, just the first paragraph so you may have said more than just the ideas presented in the first paragraph...but I'm pretty alright with myself as a Black man.

Peace & Love,
Bro. Ictoan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IFE Black People : BROTHERS’ KEEPERS AT A COST: BLACK WOMEN ON THE PROBLEM WITH REPORTING ONE OF OUR OWN Black People Open Forum 111
chuck Black Men : What Do We Ask Or Expect Of Our Young Black Brothers? Black Men 13
A Audio Video Web Conferencing : Beautiful black Princess by White head brothers nice song Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
RAPTOR Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Doobie Brothers - Black Water Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
U Black People : Brothers and Sisters... *sigh* It's time to talk about Black Feminism Black People Open Forum 45
Ankhur Black Relationships : Advice to the Brothers in Dedication to the Black Woman Black Relationships 8
OmowaleX Black People : Brothers:A Look at Revolutionary Heroes and Black Freedom Fighters Black People Open Forum 14
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Black Brothers working it out ! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
OmowaleX Black MEN - BROTHERS - Warriors Black Men 18
$$RICH$$ Brother's Only Chat : Black men Unite / To my destee brothers Black Men 245
S Black People : Laid Back Brothers & Strong Black Women... Black People Open Forum 48
PurpleMoons Black Relationships : Conscious Brothers/Black Warrior Men Black Relationships 26
ASHANTA Black People : Black Brothers Save Your Black Sons The Price Of Ignorance Is Death Black People Open Forum 0
ASHANTA Black Poetry : My Brothers Can A Sister Give You the Definition of Black Women Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
ASHANTA Black Poetry : "Brothers" Poets Of The Revolution" May A Black Women Speak Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
N Black Poetry : To All of My Strong Black Brothers: Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Destee Black Sports : Brothers in the NFL - Black or White Wives? Black Sports 7
Destee Black Sports : Brothers in the NBA - Black or White Wives? Black Sports 20
N Black Poetry : Brothers in Black(skin) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED HAIR CARE PRODUCT LINE IN NEIMAN MARCUS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People : The Black Tax - *Black Lives Still Don't Matter* Black People Open Forum 25
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Nov 15, 2020 - Topic: Black People Dont Want No white God Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Destruction Of The Black Afrikan Woman Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 'You are my wildest dream': Sydney Barber will be first Black woman to serve as US Naval Academy brigade commander Black People Doing Positive Things 0
I_AM_HER Steals and Deals : Black woman -owned Candle Shop in Houston, TX Shopping - Steals and Deals! 0
I_AM_HER Black Women : A black woman's experience and the failed U.S. healthcare system Black Women 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Take that, you Black and Latino defectors! Black People Politics 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Will The Black Divine Beings Ever Rise Again? Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Knowledge Of Need Black People Open Forum 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Older Black Voters are doing their part Black People Politics 0
C Black People : There Is A Difference In Black Afrikan American And Black Afrikans In America Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : What Ever Happened to Hazel Scott? One of the most Brilliant Beautiful Black Women Ever! Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Folks Is Black Folks Black People Open Forum 1
Discerning Black People Politics : Kristen Welker made all Black women proud tonight Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Our Black Party Black People Politics 0
C Black People : There Is No Victory For Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
Don Fletcher Black Poetry : Black Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : New book reveals Malcolm X secretly met the KKK to discuss setting up a ‘separate state’ for Black Americans Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Ice Cube Helped Develop a New ‘Black Trump Platform’ and Fans Are Calling Him Out Over It Black People Politics 24
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Killer Mike's majority Black and Latino owned online bank already has 'tens of thousands' on the waiting list Black Money Business Jobs 0
C Black People : The Mind Of Black Afrikan Americans Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : BLACK PARADE- Beyonce by Jene Marie Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : JPMorgan Chase is making a $30 billion commitment to help address U.S. wealth in equality, in underserved Black and Latino Communities Black People Open Forum 2
HODEE Black People Politics : LACK OF SUPPORT FOR DEMOCRATS ( BLUE STATES ) IS BECAUSE REPUBLICANS DON'T WANT TO HELP THE BLACK ( DEMOCRATIC ) COMMUNITY Black People Politics 3
OldSoul Black People : What it means to be Black in Brazil Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Oct 4, 2020 - Say their names - Black Women Killed by Police Black People Open Forum 0