Black People : Black Barbie Hits Stores Just in Time For Holidays

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
One to have fun and one to collect, I feel you sis, but how many brothers on this board wish they still had them baseball cards in the pack or number 1 comic books kept nice in plastic, some now selling for 5 to 10 thousand bucks

Well, it is, usually, only a small percentage of people who have had the fore-sight to actually SAVE anything from their youth and to actually keep it in PRISTINE condition.

That is a rarity and that is what makes whatever the ITEM is, a COLLECTIBLE because there aren't many available keep in top-notch condition. This applies to train sets and other toys and even vintage CARS.

That is what makes them so valuable TODAY.

And that's why so many of us can think back and wish we still had some of the things from our childhoods.

We could ALL be some E-BAY Kings and Queens!

Heck, I wish I, NOW, had some of those TEA SETS I had as a child and some of the LUNCH BOXES and my brother's CHEMISTRY SETs and TRAIN SETS cuz a lot of that stuff is worth $$$ TODAY!

Yes, most people don't think about a toy as an "investment." ---The first thing a mother thinks is...."Ooooh! That's so cute! I'm gonna get that for my baby!"

And, unfortunately, most mothers also don't have the money to buy TWO of them....Especially SINGLE mothers, who are usually SAVING and LAY-A-WAYing clothes and toys as best they can in the first place.

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
Have you ever considered, that is why they are so valuable, because aint no bunch of Black Folk got 'em?

Please. Just as soon as we get what is currently considered valuable, the bottom will drop out.

Forget them and their whole system ... it's never proven itself considerate of us as a whole ... we need our own!

Let us determine what is valuable ... not them!

:heart:

Destee

No, Sister Destee. We need to beat them at their own game.

If anyone can afford to buy these dolls or any other toys and save them as investments, then that is a GOOD thing to do.

It is a matter of simple Economics: SUPPLY and DEMAND.

Shoots, back in the 90s, my bestfriend from high school made a KILLIN' buying and selling those BEANIE BABIES!

She bought a new living room set AND some other stuff offa them things!

No, Sister, we need to get hip and wise to the Game.

Even Retro clothing increases in value.....Back in the 90s, the original Levi Button-Fly JEANS even went on sale on E-BAY for a NICE profit for those who had them to sell in good condition.

What "They" deem as "valuable" is also valuable for US, if we would only pay attention to the trends and patterns.

Then, all we gotta do is RIDE THE WAVE!

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
No, Sister Destee. We need to beat them at their own game.

If anyone can afford to buy these dolls or any other toys and save them as investments, then that is a GOOD thing to do.

It is a matter of simple Economics: SUPPLY and DEMAND.

Shoots, back in the 90s, my bestfriend from high school made a KILLIN' buying and selling those BEANIE BABIES!

She bought a new living room set AND some other stuff offa them things!

No, Sister, we need to get hip and wise to the Game.

Even Retro clothing increases in value.....Back in the 90s, the original Levi Button-Fly JEANS even went on sale on E-BAY for a NICE profit for those who had them to sell in good condition.

What "They" deem as "valuable" is also valuable for US, if we would only pay attention to the trends and patterns.

Then, all we gotta do is RIDE THE WAVE!
Sister Cherry ... i'm willing to go along with what you say ... whatever it takes to get us out of this current situation.

It doesn't have to be one or the other, but all of the above! Some may do one, while another does the other, it's all good.

I'm with you! Thanks for sharing! :toast:

Destee

Josef

Oct 28, 2008
Occupation
Electrical wiring tech
Peace and Blessings Family,

African American Barbie Hits Stores in Time For Holiday Season

Looking to tap into a new market, Mattel has created an African American Barbie doll.

The dolls, with names such as Kara, Trichelle and Grace, hit stores a few weeks ago.

So far the reaction to the dolls has been positive, although some have expressed concerns about the design of the dolls, including the hairstyles.

"Why couldn't one of the dolls have a little short afro, or shorter braids or something?" Gail Parrish, 60, a told the Associated Press.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

::
::

I think it's interesting that some are wanting the Black Barbie to have a fro or sump'n, but why would our babies want a doll with hair that even they don't have, and that they don't see on the majority of Black Women?

Well ... i guess we gotta take progress however it comes ... maybe the Black Barbie will have that.

Destee
I dig that the company has enough sense, business strategy, political correctness, what have you, to at least make an attempt to model these dolls, having new and improved features such as ours...it will be interesting to see what the new Black ken doll would look like though,

dont you think?

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
I dig that the company has enough sense, business strategy, political correctness, what have you, to at least make an attempt to model these dolls, having new and improved features such as ours...it will be interesting to see what the new Black ken doll would look like though,

dont you think?
Brother Josef ... Welcome Home ... i've missed you ... :love:

I aint even finna let my mind comment on the Black Ken doll ... no, i can't ... :slobber:

Love You!

Destee

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: