destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
*Jeez!*

You don't give a little girl a doll and tell her she can't take it out of the box.
lol Sister Cherry ... :lol: ... that is so true !!!

Whew ... that would be one unhappy little colored gurl !!! ... :)

:heart:

Destee

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
lol Sister Cherry ... :lol: ... that is so true !!!

Whew ... that would be one unhappy little colored gurl !!! ... :)

Destee
One to have fun and one to collect, I feel you sis, but how many brothers on this board wish they still had them baseball cards in the pack or number 1 comic books kept nice in plastic, some now selling for 5 to 10 thousand bucks

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
One to have fun and one to collect, I feel you sis, but how many brothers on this board wish they still had them baseball cards in the pack or number 1 comic books kept nice in plastic, some now selling for 5 to 10 thousand bucks
Have you ever considered, that is why they are so valuable, because aint no bunch of Black Folk got 'em?

Please. Just as soon as we get what is currently considered valuable, the bottom will drop out.

Forget them and their whole system ... it's never proven itself considerate of us as a whole ... we need our own!

Let us determine what is valuable ... not them!

Destee

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
I think it is of more value, considering our current condition, to buy from our own :

Sister MUSBLKDOLL : http://www.carogerss.com

F Mattel!

Destee
As collector's items, I think these are great.

As dolls that little girls would actually want to play with, I don't think so.

IMO, we still need something in-between a Barbie doll in "black-face" and other so-called African American dolls which are one-dimensional, representing little Black girls and Black women as diva-like "hoochie-mamas" with weave down her back and bling-bling all over, etc...

We need a happy medium between some "ghetto-fabulous" Barbie and an over-sensationalized theme doll.

The dolls, toys and clothing that is marketed to our children, IMO, is a direct reflection of what we complain about that "Children aren't allowed/encouraged to be children" any more.

Well, how can they when all they see representing them in their own lives and on tv and their clothes and their dolls is to have long, fake nails, long fake hair, shiny/glittery stuff to wear, and apple-bottom booties, etc...

These are the things our little girls see as so-called "black fashion" and the epitome of what it means to be a Black woman.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
As collector's items, I think these are great.

As dolls that little girls would actually want to play with, I don't think so.

IMO, we still need something in-between a Barbie doll in "black-face" and other so-called African American dolls which are one-dimensional, representing little Black girls and Black women as diva-like "hoochie-mamas" with weave down her back and bling-bling all over, etc...

We need a happy medium between some "ghetto-fabulous" Barbie and an over-sensationalized theme doll.

The dolls, toys and clothing that is marketed to our children, IMO, is a direct reflection of what we complain about that "Children aren't allowed/encouraged to be children" any more.

Well, how can they when all they see representing them in their own lives and on tv and their clothes and their dolls is to have long, fake nails, long fake hair, shiny/glittery stuff to wear, and apple-bottom booties, etc...

These are the things our little girls see as so-called "black fashion" and the epitome of what it means to be a Black woman.
Right Sister Cherry ... Sister MUSBLKDOLL's baby dolls look like something you'd sit up and admire, not play with, drag down the street, put in the back of your little red wagon, on top of a rock garden you just built ... :)

Yes, I agree. Which means that the market is wide open for all the in-betweens you mentioned.

More evidence, that there is plenty of room for all moved in their Spirit to be a Black Baby Doll Maker!

Yes Yes Yes! :toast:

Destee

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: