Black People : Beyond Vietnam - Dr. King's Last Year

CosmicMessenger

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
I remember as a child, sitting with an old black lady, watching Martin Luther King giving a speech before thousands on TV.

She said, "See him, boy? That's Dr. Martin Luther King!

He is the black man's President!"

I said, "Yes mam", and understanding her sentiment, I agreed with her and always thought of Martin Luther King as being "the first black President" ever since!

Last edited:

CosmicMessenger

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Martin Luther King hated war, racism, and poverty, and SPOKE OUT against them!

He made me PROUD to be a black man!

He was the FIRST black President!

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
If every there should be a biopic on king, it should deal with last 2 years of his life.
His position on the american-vietnam war.

His discovery of how bad it was in the north.

His discovery of disenfranchised whites, that don't
seem to realize how they are being played.

His speaking on how the govt. was giving yt folk
land for agriculture and land grants to learn who
to farm.

His position on economic empowerment.

His trip(s) to the motherland and that experience.

And eventually questioning this integration thing
and if he was integrating his people "into a burning
house".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Black People : New Film Beyond Vietnam - Dr. King's Last Year Black People Open Forum 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : GHOST'S ,"people lingering beyond the grave." Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
A Black Poetry : You are supernatural sexy, beyond beautiful. Your sexy dark skin has conquered my heart. Leather is like a black gem Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Liberty Black Positive People : Beyond Black Twitter: Black Millennials’ Rule the Internet Black People Doing Positive Things 1
KPITRL Black Relationships : Middle-age or Beyond and Still Single Black Relationships 8
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Tabatha Takes Over - 4x03 - Beyond Hair Salon and Spa, Cherry Hill Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Khasm13 Khasm13 : Beyond ‘Game of Thrones’: Exploring diversity in speculative fiction Khasm13 64
Alarm Clock Black People : 'Beyond Orwellian': Outrage Follows Revelations of Vast Domestic Spying Program Black People Open Forum 7
KaHotep Law Forum : Beyond Life As Conceived Krptk Law Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 8
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : He Looked Beyond My Faults - Rachelle Ferrell Audio Video Web Conferencing 4
6 Black Money Business Jobs : Dr. Claude Anderson - Powernomics A Vision Beyond The Dream Black Money Business Jobs 0
NyneElementz Black Christians : Beyond Tithes and Offerings... Christian Study Group 15
noor100 Black Muslims : Beyond Death Islam Study Group 0
$$RICH$$ Black Relationships : Independant self Power beyond Love. Black Relationships 2
Feather Quiet Poetry Lounge : Beyond Darkenss Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Beyond the White Veil and Other Black Matter Omowale Jabali 74
G Black Poetry : Beyond Description v.1 (by K-JiO) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
noor100 Black Muslims : Beyond 'Literal Time' Islam Study Group 1
cocobutterskyn Black Haiku : look beyond.. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Moving beyond RELIGION Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Jahari Kavi Black People : This is why the debate over abortion needs to go beyond "a choice." Black People Open Forum 47
Metaverse Black People : Life Beyond The Grid. Black People Open Forum 9
I Black Poetry : Beyond beyond Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
I Black Spirituality Religion : Beyond Ritual: Rethinking the Role of Patriarchy in African Traditional Religions Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
E Black Poetry : Beyond The Veil Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
T Black People : beyond consideration from beginner Black People Open Forum 4
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : There Is No Black Leader That Is Beyond Examination Chief Elder Osiris 0
L Quiet Poetry Lounge : BEYOND Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : Do We Reach out from Beyond? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
howardtsu Black Poetry : Beyond her Blueprint Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Keita Kenyatta Black Poetry : Something beyond Love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Looking beyond the here and now Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : God is beyond logic Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 30
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : OBAMA SAY IT IS TIME FOR AMERICA TO GET BEYOND RACE Chief Elder Osiris 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : 'Move Beyond the Colored Line' Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : UNTIL AMERICA CAN CLAIM TO HAVE MOVED BEYOND RACE, AMERICA MUST DEAL WITH THE ISSUE O Chief Elder Osiris 2
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : <<<<<BEYOND GENDER>>>>> Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Metaverse Black Short Stories : Cyborg Confessions – Beyond The Matrix Short Stories - Authors - Writing 30
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : SEEING BEYOND THE RESEARCH OF BLACK PEOPLE UPON THIS PLANET EARTH Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : SEEING BEYOND THE RESEARCH OF BLACK PEOPLE UPON THIS PLANET EARTH Chief Elder Osiris 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Living Beyond The Matrix: What You Need To Know OldSoul 1
D Black Poetry : Meta-Dome: Beyond The Cortex Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
watzinaname Quiet Poetry Lounge : Beyond Touched Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Why Black people are Unable to ascend Beyond The Third Dimension Level Of consciousne Chief Elder Osiris 5
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Beyond The Mountain Top Into the First way Chief Elder Osiris 0
S Quiet Poetry Lounge : MYSTERIOUS LOVER FROM BEYOND...... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
cocobutterskyn Black Short Stories : Beyond Understanding Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
kemetkind Black People : Is there enough UNITY at DESTEE to go beyond Chat? Black People Open Forum 15
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Dignity Beyond Persecution,Honorable Roger Toussaint,Rebirth Of Marcus Garvey Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
ASHANTA Black Poetry : Africa Cries Beyond The Grave Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7