Black Spirituality Religion : Between the Mermaid and the deep blue sea

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
Started having recurrent dreams this year about being at the beach..then a woman comes (she always black...and heavy set) picks me up and throws me in the middle of the ocean... i then find myself deep underneath the ocean trying to swim upwards..i wake up

I have this dream once or twice a week...

It has now progressed to actually being a mermaid and swimming underneath the ocean...last time i actually saw a coffin and i felt their was body in it...i saw my tail and the water was dark green...as swam upwards towards the surface, i felt a dark cloud following me trying to pull me back towards the coffin.

I did not feel afraid...

I'm actually petrified of large bodies of water, and was just learning to swim before i left the Caribbean.

Any takers?

gogounited

Feb 17, 2010
Colorado
Started having recurrent dreams this year about being at the beach..then a woman comes (she always black...and heavy set) picks me up and throws me in the middle of the ocean... i then find myself deep underneath the ocean trying to swim upwards..i wake up

It has now progressed to actually being a mermaid and swimming underneath the ocean...last time i actually saw a coffin and i felt their was body in it...i saw my tail and the water was dark green...as swam upwards towards the surface, i felt a dark cloud following me trying to pull me back towards the coffin.

I did not feel afraid...

I'm actually petrified of large bodies of water, and was just learning to swim before i left the Caribbean.

Any takers?
I'll give it a whirl...

With the beach being the initial and recurring setting of your dream, perhaps the theme
has something to do with where earth meets ocean, where water meets land. There is multi-faceted meaning here if this may be the case, given your fear of large bodies of water.

Water is Nu, with it's receptivity as a wet mirrored mass, it's ability to seep into all hidden crevices, as the mother's womb, and for all of it's symbolic meaning which may or may not apply in your recurring dream, that you gather from your own studies into life, spirituality, etc.

That your dream depicts the place where earth and sand meet water (at the beach) is significant. Also that you do this upon the shores of the oceans, than rather the banks of a river or lake, is significant. My novice interpretation is that you are being guided by an ancestor towards the vastness and depth of your soul's womb. As you have progressed, and continue to do so, you've learned to navigate and work with Nu, become familiarized and evolved into a creature who finds it's natural home there, a mermaid of your spiritual ocean.

That you get thrown in and wind up swimming back to the surface, and then you wake up, signifies a struggle between the ancestor, helping you to "go deep" and yourself, who is petrified of large bodies of water in your waking life. Another facet of meaning here is that spiritually, you may be petrified or uncertain of the vastness of that other ocean, the womb of the soul, in darkness and seeming chaos, the mirror where you face yourself unformed.

Your most recent accounts may signify that as you have explored Nu, it is your home. You are becoming "at home" as a mermaid in the ocean of Nu as a medium. You are in your waking life witnessing your evolution, where water meets earth, you can see the results of your manifestation - you grew a tail. You can also "identify" with qualities and attributes of Nu, the green, dark water, nature and all things natural. With this realization however, the raising of consciousness into the subjective state of Nu, is the awareness of a entrophic force, the polar vacuum bent on pulling you back "down" in the other direction, which is signified by the coffin you "knew" was filled with a body or person, and by the dark cloud, pulling on you. Death and life. The soul is buried on earth, so to raise our consciousness, we die to ourselves, like Ausar, and are discovered (a discovery of Self) at the bottom of the ocean, within a coffin.

So to summarize, an ancestor is guiding you deeper into your Self. What you discover there is new, unfamiliar at first, scary perhaps, but you have evolved and have been evolving through Self, so much so that in your physical, waking life you can see the evidence thereof. Power is that place of dynamic between two complementary, yet polarized forces, and in this theme you are being made aware of deep, profundity of power, the nature of it's source, and the dangers that are inherent in the presence of that power. It may also shed light on the evolution of your soul, there is a possibility the woman in the dream is an incarnation of your Self, a past life. There seems to be a central theme involving increased awareness/consciousness, observation, manifestation.

Did you observe your own lack of fear while dreaming? Or did you caution yourself, while dreaming, to not be afraid? Or did your realize upon waking and remembering, that you had not been afraid?

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician

I did not feel afraid...

Any takers?
peace

It sounds as if you are now looking back at what you used to be afraid of...The body in the coffin could represent the death of your fear of large bodies of water.

The woman who throws you in the water could represent a parent or a teacher who always told you that there was nothing to fear about learning to swim...

It has now progressed to actually being a mermaid and swimming underneath the ocean.
- the dream will soon go away because you have grown to actually like swimming or large bodies of water....

The green water represents the newness of your thought process in regards to the same..

Amnat77

Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
I'll give it a whirl...

With the beach being the initial and recurring setting of your dream, perhaps the theme
has something to do with where earth meets ocean, where water meets land. There is multi-faceted meaning here if this may be the case, given your fear of large bodies of water.

Water is Nu, with it's receptivity as a wet mirrored mass, it's ability to seep into all hidden crevices, as the mother's womb, and for all of it's symbolic meaning which may or may not apply in your recurring dream, that you gather from your own studies into life, spirituality, etc.

That your dream depicts the place where earth and sand meet water (at the beach) is significant. Also that you do this upon the shores of the oceans, than rather the banks of a river or lake, is significant. My novice interpretation is that you are being guided by an ancestor towards the vastness and depth of your soul's womb. As you have progressed, and continue to do so, you've learned to navigate and work with Nu, become familiarized and evolved into a creature who finds it's natural home there, a mermaid of your spiritual ocean.

That you get thrown in and wind up swimming back to the surface, and then you wake up, signifies a struggle between the ancestor, helping you to "go deep" and yourself, who is petrified of large bodies of water in your waking life. Another facet of meaning here is that spiritually, you may be petrified or uncertain of the vastness of that other ocean, the womb of the soul, in darkness and seeming chaos, the mirror where you face yourself unformed.

Your most recent accounts may signify that as you have explored Nu, it is your home. You are becoming "at home" as a mermaid in the ocean of Nu as a medium. You are in your waking life witnessing your evolution, where water meets earth, you can see the results of your manifestation - you grew a tail. You can also "identify" with qualities and attributes of Nu, the green, dark water, nature and all things natural. With this realization however, the raising of consciousness into the subjective state of Nu, is the awareness of a entrophic force, the polar vacuum bent on pulling you back "down" in the other direction, which is signified by the coffin you "knew" was filled with a body or person, and by the dark cloud, pulling on you. Death and life. The soul is buried on earth, so to raise our consciousness, we die to ourselves, like Ausar, and are discovered (a discovery of Self) at the bottom of the ocean, within a coffin.

So to summarize, an ancestor is guiding you deeper into your Self. What you discover there is new, unfamiliar at first, scary perhaps, but you have evolved and have been evolving through Self, so much so that in your physical, waking life you can see the evidence thereof. Power is that place of dynamic between two complementary, yet polarized forces, and in this theme you are being made aware of deep, profundity of power, the nature of it's source, and the dangers that are inherent in the presence of that power. It may also shed light on the evolution of your soul, there is a possibility the woman in the dream is an incarnation of your Self, a past life. There seems to be a central theme involving increased awareness/consciousness, observation, manifestation.

Did you observe your own lack of fear while dreaming? Or did you caution yourself, while dreaming, to not be afraid? Or did your realize upon waking and remembering, that you had not been afraid?
Well because of my phobia of being underwater,I was surprised and noted my lack of fear ... however as soon as my i observed my mermaid status, i just went with the flow because i knew mermaids can breathe underwater.

Also, i felt strong pull towards the coffin, as if i was actually supposed to swim towards it rather than upwards....

Thanks for the analysis, I'm going to do some research on the goddess Nu.

gogounited

Feb 17, 2010
Colorado
Well because of my phobia of being underwater,I was surprised and noted my lack of fear ... however as soon as my i observed my mermaid status, i just went with the flow because i knew mermaids can breathe underwater.

Also, i felt strong pull towards the coffin, as if i was actually supposed to swim towards it rather than upwards....

Thanks for the analysis, I'm going to do some research on the goddess Nu.
Interesting, so while you were dreaming, you observed and took note of your own lack of fear in response to what for you is normally a fear-inducing environment or scenario. You transcended your emotion consciously. I think the coffin has significance regarding the resurrection of Ausar, resurrection of your Self, but that's just how I attempt to understand it. Have you read the Metu Neter, Amnat77?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Health and Wellness : Relationship between the ABO Blood Group and the COVID-19 Susceptibility: Type O associated with lower risk.. Black Health and Wellness 0
O Black Entertainment : music is the silence between the notes Black Entertainment 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Reparations: The Key to Eliminating the Wealth Gap Between Black and White Americans? Black People Politics 8
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID” “In the club strut butt and rush to thrill i can crush a pill between two spoons while Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID” “In the club strut butt and rush to thrill i can crush a pill between Two spoons while a b Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Hard feelings over Players Coalition prompted confrontation between Eric Reid and Malcolm Jenkins Black Sports 5
R Black Poetry : “It's night time and it's a slight line between good and bad from the hood and mad, never informatio Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Ndugu Black People : Whats the dif between NGA and AFRICOM, if they both take advantage of our lack of unity?? Black People Open Forum 12
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : D.L. Hughley, T.I. Call Double Standard Between Texas School Shooting And Tay-K Murder Case Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : How diet can affect mental health: The likely link between food and the brain Black Health and Wellness 0
nilevalley Black People : The public spat between Dr. Umar Johnson and Tariq Nasheed Black People Open Forum 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Correlations between Flavius Josephus and the New testament AACOOLDRE 0
Destee Black People Politics : What's the difference between the opiod epidemic and the crack epidemic? Black People Politics 2
Liberty Black Jokes Humor : The Difference Between Bougie, Boujee, and Bourgie/Bourgeois, Explained Black Jokes Humor 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Spirituality Religion : waking between 3Am and 5AM... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
jamesfrmphilly African American History Culture : vintage-photos-show-the-beauty-of-african-american-women-from-between-1920s-and-1940s African American History Culture 2
Liberty Africa : Must Read: On the Complicated Relationship Between Africans and African-Americans All Things Africa 28
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Ancestors Speak: A Conversation Between Former Slaves And Union General Sherman African American History Culture 1
tarhaka bey Media: Tarhaka on The Ever Widening Gap between the Rich and the Poor in America Production 1 1 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Why the gap between old and new black civil rights activists is widening African American History Culture 2
Liberty Black People : :Funny Graphs Show Correlation Between Completely Unrelated Stats Black People Open Forum 10
Liberty Black People Politics : The African-American Gap Between Clinton and Sanders Is Getting Smaller Black People Politics 17
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : BETWEEN "US" and Years Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Study Reveals Significant Overlap Between Police Brutality Deaths And Disabilities Black Health and Wellness 1
Lrae Black Sports : SNL explains the difference between black and white quarterbacks Black Sports 6
jamesfrmphilly Black People : kareem-abdul-jabbar-this-is-the-difference-between-donald-trump-and-bernie-sanders Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People : The Wealth Gap Between Blacks and Whites Is Even More Enormous (and Shameful) Than You Think Black People Open Forum 27
RAPTOR Black People : Dr. Boyce Watkins : Charles Barkley "An ungly combination between ignorance and arrogance" Black People Open Forum 12
chuck Black People : The New Divide: Among And Between Blacks Too! Black People Open Forum 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Clear Link Found Between Vitamin D Deficiency and Alzheimer's Disease Black Health and Wellness 0
_NortheastGroover_ Black Entertainment : Iconoclast: A Talk Between Maya Angelou and Dave Chappelle Black Entertainment 0
HODEE Black People : Is there a Difference between either statement? Black People Open Forum 1
chuck Black People Politics : There Is A Difference: Between Conscious Raising--Education--And Indocrination! Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : Correlational Matrix Between Polygyny and Rape Black People Politics 23
Destee Black Education / Schools : What's the difference between a college and a university? Black Education / Schools 6
R Black Spirituality Religion : What are the differences between Palo Mayombe and... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
RAPTOR Black People : What's the Difference Between Teach For America and a Scab Temp Agency? Black People Open Forum 2
KaHotep Black Poetry : Difference between Music and Religion Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
S Black People : Two minutes of video that explain the relationship between cops, druglords, dealers and feens. Black People Open Forum 0
Akyas Easu Black Spirituality Religion : The Struggle Between Love and the Ego: Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
MsInterpret Black People : Is there a difference between Afro-Centric and Conscious? Black People Open Forum 10
S Black Relationships : Why Date at all? Why not just arrange marriages between good families? Black Relationships 28
S Black People Politics : Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865). Political Debates Between Lincoln and Douglas. 1858 Black People Politics 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Thin Line between Love and Hate - The Persuaders Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
Knowledge Seed Black People : Is there a connection between Islam and Black wealth? Black People Open Forum 9
S Black People : Is there a link between male homosexuality and Pedophilia? Black People Open Forum 148
S Black People : The selling of facilitated conflict between black women.. who's buying? Black People Open Forum 0
river Black People : Similarities Between Racism and Disabilitism Among Deaf People Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : Is There A Difference Between Race And Racism? Black People Open Forum 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : What is the difference between field corn and maize? Black People Open Forum 0