Black People : BET CEO own kids don't watch BET

raheem934

Jan 4, 2004
Debra Lee kids do not watch BET

Staff Writer

2007-09-15

.www.******************* .

Debra Lee is the current CEO of BET. Lee's District of Columbia home was recently visited by protesters. Although the fall is protest season in the Capital of the United States, Lee is on the fall protest map. Doing an interview with a Dr. Faye Williams, it was discovered that Lee does not allow her own children to watch bet or , Lee's kids choose not to watch BET. It appears that Lee is just collecting a pay check and not too concerned about the kids that watch BET. The video is below of the street level interview with Dr. Williams.

http://www.*******************/newspage/330.php?artileid=330

Lrae

Dec 25, 2015
Indiana, USA
www.facebook.com
Viacom Inc., the media powerhouse that owns CBS and the MTV and Nickelodeon cable TV channels, paid the black founders of BET Robert and Sheila Johnson $2.3 billion back in 2001, to program whatever they wish, just like they do on their other stations! In a 2010 interview, Sheila ( the 1st black female billionaire) said that she herself is "ashamed" of what the network has become. "I don’t watch it. I suggest to my kids that they don't watch it," she said. "When we started BET, it was going to be the Ebony magazine on television. We had public affairs programming. We had news... I had a show called Teen Summit, we had a large variety of programming, but the problem is that then the video revolution started up... And then something started happening, and I didn't like it at all. And I remember during those days we would sit up and watch these videos and decide which ones were going on and which ones were not. We got a lot of backlash from recording artists...and we had to start showing them. I didn’t like the way women were being portrayed in these videos." It just ain't the same station!

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Life is just a breath, but your works last forever.
@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.