Black People Politics : Bernie And Hillary Have The Same Position On Slavery Reparations.........

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Bernie And Hillary Have The Same Position On Slavery Reparations, But Guess Which One The Atlantic Smeared For It

There was a real humdinger of a hatchet-job on Bernie Sanders published by The Atlantic on Tuesday that, were it read in isolation, would lead you to believe that between Sanders and Hillary Clinton, the former is worthy of special scorn when it comes to race relations. Seizing upon Sanders’ response last week to a question from Fusion TV about reparations to African Americans for centuries of slavery, Ta-Nehisi Coates argues that “Sanders’ radicalism has failed in the ancient fight against white supremacy.”

Asked if he favored reparations at the Iowa Brown and Black Presidential Forum, Sanders said no, and proceeded to explain what he does support to help African Americans get out of poverty:

Read more

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/01/t...ece-on-bernie-sanders-over-black-reparations/

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Why Precisely Is Coates Bashing Sanders?

... Here Coates tips his hand. Coates doesn’t actually believe that Sanders can make good on any of his campaign promises, racially motivated or not, but Coates wants Sanders to earnestly pretend that he will. In other words, Coates wants Sanders, in effect, to peddle illusions. Why? What would that achieve? Haven’t black Americans had enough of being lied to? How would being lied to change anything for blacks in this country? It wouldn’t, and that’s the point. Coates does not believe things for blacks will change, even if they should. Thus Coates is validated in his narrative that blacks are perpetual victims of a vicious history ...

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-precisely-coates-bashing-sanders-14974

Ta-Nehisi Coates has taken aim at the Democratic senator over reparations

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015

Why Precisely Is Coates Bashing Sanders?

... Here Coates tips his hand. Coates doesn’t actually believe that Sanders can make good on any of his campaign promises, racially motivated or not, but Coates wants Sanders to earnestly pretend that he will. In other words, Coates wants Sanders, in effect, to peddle illusions. Why? What would that achieve? Haven’t black Americans had enough of being lied to? How would being lied to change anything for blacks in this country? It wouldn’t, and that’s the point. Coates does not believe things for blacks will change, even if they should. Thus Coates is validated in his narrative that blacks are perpetual victims of a vicious history ...

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-precisely-coates-bashing-sanders-14974

Ta-Nehisi Coates has taken aim at the Democratic senator over reparations

*smh*

Yes, Bernie does go real radical with ideas that he knows will never get though Congress, so why not try reparations? Because, he'd lose white voters. And, Obama knew that as well. And, he wasn't persecuted for it.

Not saying that I don't think we deserve them...I think we do!

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
*smh*

Yes, Bernie does go real radical with ideas that he knows will never get though Congress, so why not try reparations? Because, he'd lose white voters. And, Obama knew that as well. And, he wasn't persecuted for it.

Not saying that I don't think we deserve them...I think we do!
Right ...

Here's the thing though, no President can do it. Coates should know this. We the people will have to prevail upon the Government to gain Reparations. So, until we become real serious about what's due us, its not going to happen; but I'm never giving up or conceding like Ta-Nehisi.

Coates disappoints me with his pessimistic attitude. It's as though his optimism is seriously lacking.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Right ...

Here's the thing though, no President can do it. Coates should know this. We the people will have to prevail upon the Government to gain Reparations. So, until we become real serious about what's due us, its not going to happen; but I'm never giving up or conceding like Ta-Nehisi.

Coates disappoints me with his pessimistic attitude. It's as though his optimism is seriously lacking.

Right. It can happen. But, it will have to come via the Supreme Court, right, not the President?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bearwarrior Black People Politics : Question - why many Blacks are choosing Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders Black People Politics 84
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton wins South Carolina as Bernie Sanders flops with black voters Black People Politics 7
Liberty Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders: stop valuing black votes over black lives Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Public Enemy’s Flavor Flav Sends Cease and Desist Letter to Bernie Sanders Black People Politics 4
Kemetstry Black People Politics : WHY ANYBODY BUT BERNIE Black People Politics 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : R.I.P. BERNIE CASEY Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Bernie Sanders and Others Respond to Donald Trump Victory Black People Politics 13
Queenie Black People Politics : Black Men for Bernie Black People Politics 8
Liberty Black People Politics : #BernieLostMe Explains Why Black Voters Didn't Back Bernie Sanders Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Bernie Sanders: Attacking Our Nation's Founders Black People Politics 10
Liberty Black People Politics : Senator Bernie Sanders and African Americans Have Something in Common – JOBS! Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Bernie Sanders Said Something We Weren't Ready to Hear Last Night Black People Politics 8
Liberty Black People Politics : Bernie Sanders Explains How Free College Can End Mass Incarceration Black People Politics 1
Liberty Black People Politics : Is 'dark money' boosting Bernie Sanders? Black People Politics 10
Liberty Black People Politics : Bernie Sanders wins backing of African American group in Nevada’s largest county Black People Politics 4
Liberty Black People Politics : Bernie Sanders under fire for #HowToTalkToBlackWomen tweet Black People Politics 13
Liberty Black People Politics : Feel the Fraud? (Bernie Sanders) Black People Politics 48
Liberty Black People Politics : Can Bernie Sanders win the African American vote? Black People Politics 17
Liberty Black People Politics : Bernie Sanders Now Has More Donors At This Point Than Any Other Candidate In History Black People Politics 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Meet Bernie Sanders: Where the Black Voter Fits Into His Ambitious Plan Black People Politics 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : If Edward Snowden Is Right About Clinton's Emails, Bernie Sanders Will Win a Landslide Victory Black People Politics 5
jamesfrmphilly Black People : kareem-abdul-jabbar-this-is-the-difference-between-donald-trump-and-bernie-sanders Black People Open Forum 0
SophiaG Black People Politics : So, Cornel West is supporting presidential candidate Bernie Sanders Black People Politics 4
Keita Kenyatta Black Entertainment : Bernie Mac "my Pastor" Black Entertainment 6
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Def Comedy Jam - Chris Tucker, Bernie Mac (R.I.P.) and Martin Lawrence, Audio Video Web Conferencing 5
nixprophet Black People : Bernie Madoff a Full Blooded Goon? Black People Open Forum 4
C Black People : Bernie Madoff's Son Found Dead Black People Open Forum 7
SpiritualONE Black People : Bernie Mac-Death by Medicine Black People Open Forum 2
D R.I.P. BERNIE MAC Honoring Black Ancestors 23
theDynasty1979 Black Poetry : GET YOUR **** KIDS! (the Bernie Mac Daycare Service.) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Angela22 Black People Politics : Do Y'all Really Believe Hillary Would Have Been Better for Black America than Trump... Black People Politics 126
Clyde C Coger Jr Libya : Africans are being sold at Libyan slave markets. Thanks, Hillary Clinton Libya 3
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : computer-science-experts-recommend-hillary-clinton-challenge-election-results Black People Politics 3
Liberty Black People Politics : Here's why President Obama is unlikely to pardon Hillary Clinton Black People Politics 2
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : A Trump & Hillary Poem Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : ELECTION DAY OBAMA good true roller but the drama is over I guess // We’ll wait for HILLARY to bring Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Liberty Black People Politics : Black Turnout Soft in Early Voting, Boding Ill for Hillary Clinton Black People Politics 44
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : black dems-demand hillary-clinton-spend money on down ballot races Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black People Politics : SEE IT: New Hillary Clinton campaign ad aimed at African-American voters takes place in barbershop, Black People Politics 5
Liberty Black People Politics : The #TrumpTape Debate: Either Hillary Clinton Wins Tonight or America has Lost its Way Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black People Politics : WIKILEAKS BOMBSHELL: Racist Hillary Trashes African Americans – Calls Them Losers Black People Politics 134
Queenie Law Forum : Hillary Clinton's Email Protocol: Lessons in eDiscovery. Say what? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
alcase Black People Politics : Will The Real Hillary Clinton Please Stand Up Black People Politics 4
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Hillary Clinton to whites about Terence Crutcher: ‘This is not who we are’ Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Queenie Black People Politics : Black women and Hillary Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Republicans Are Already Planning How to Ruin a Hillary Clinton Presidency Black People Politics 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Hillary Takes In THREE TIMES As Much Hedge Fund Money As '08 Obama Black People Politics 0
Kemetstry Black Women : HILLARY WINS Black Women 23
willa Black People Politics : Hillary: Secret History of Democratic Party Black People Politics 78
Destee Black People Politics : Great Hillary Clinton Commercial - Role Models Black People Politics 0