Black Spirituality Religion : Believing in VooDoo

SlickBeast

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 2, 2011
Down Under
Occupation
Programmer/Game developer
Believing in voodoo is like believing in the tooth fairy. I've never seen anyone field an army of Voodoo priests armed with chicken foot against well trained riflemen. If magic were so effective, it would have been the main weapon of war. You would have spell casters and counter-spell casters like in Lord of the Ring in each army.

Further James Randi has a 1 million dollar for anyone who can prove anything supernatural. So far many have tried but all has failed miserably. Just Google James Randi and have a good laugh.

Sekhemu

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 9, 2003
new jersey
Occupation
priest
Believing in voodoo is like believing in the tooth fairy. I've never seen anyone field an army of Voodoo priests armed with chicken foot against well trained riflemen. If magic were so effective, it would have been the main weapon of war. You would have spell casters and counter-spell casters like in Lord of the Ring in each army.

Further James Randi has a 1 million dollar for anyone who can prove anything supernatural. So far many have tried but all has failed miserably. Just Google James Randi and have a good laugh.

Vodun, not voodoo

Vodun is not magick. I posted a link in my first post in the thread about Vodun. Take a look if you like

That being said, Africa is full of "medicine" men and women who have been preparing Oogun for centuries ,who typically operate outside the perameters of traditional African religions, although not exclusively. Its pretty common for soldiers and police officers to solicit Oogun from medicine men to protect them from gunfire.

If you haven't already gone to Africa I encourage you to do so.

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009

Surely, "gener-al l'ouverture", you are aware that had it not been for the 'chicken wielding' vodoun priests like boukman, you would not have had an army to fight off and defeat napoleon's/rochambeau's finest. Therefore, I'd say you owe a great debt of gratitude to the powers of voudon used to rally and galvanize your troops. (Assuming you still liken yourself to the esteemed haitian general;)).

I believe it was jamesfrmphilly who said that on the battlefront, wars are fought with guns, not religion.

HoTeP.

RAPTOR a.k.a "kunta" a.k.a "toby".

Each1teach1

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 9, 2008
the dirty dirty for now
Occupation
build up the nation
Surely, "gener-al l'ouverture", you are aware that had it not been for the 'chicken wielding' vodoun priests like boukman, you would not have had an army to fight off and defeat napoleon's/rochambeau's finest. Therefore, I'd say you owe a great debt of gratitude to the powers of voudon used to rally and galvanize your troops. (Assuming you still liken yourself to the esteemed haitian general;)).

I believe it was jamesfrmphilly who said that on the battlefront, wars are fought with guns, not religion.

HoTeP.

I was just about to talk about this. There is even a memorial at the site where the ceremony was held the night before the battle. The generals truly believed that it was only through this ceremony they achieved victory..

SlickBeast

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 2, 2011
Down Under
Occupation
Programmer/Game developer

HoTeP.

LOL. I like this. Not denying that religion can positively boost morale on the battlefield. The Templars and Japanese warrior monks were fearsome soldiers as they have religious zeal on their side. You don't need religion to instill courage though. Training and discipline blended with some racial pride or dream are what is needed. You don't want soldiers running amok thinking they are magically immune to bullets on a modern battlefield. L'Ouverture was a product of his time, yet he was very open-minded for his time.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.