Black Relationships : Are professional black women turned off by professional black men who are too independent?

JenaBee63

Jul 12, 2015
atlanta ga
Occupation
Health Technician/Future Paralegal
I would never be turned off by the traditional standard of being independent. Now looking at that link I would not call that independent unless they didn't expect a darn thing from women at all. The definition of an independent woman in my mind is a woman who takes care of herself and her's financially more so than anything else. I don't think that is the same thing I see in the links description of an independent male.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
I would never be turned off by the traditional standard of being independent. Now looking at that link I would not call that independent unless they didn't expect a darn thing from women at all. The definition of an independent woman in my mind is a woman who takes care of herself and her's financially more so than anything else. I don't think that is the same thing I see in the links description of an independent male.

I agree with you, Jena.

UB wanted me to post this thread to be fair. Unfortunately, the most informational posts from the MGTOW thread were all deleted, so its hard to get the gist of it all.

Thanks for posting.

*smile*

davidd

Jul 24, 2016
It depends on what your definition of independent is.

Biologically women tend to have a drive to tie a man down as in the past women needed men to survive, to protect them and to provide resources for children. While the alpha just sought to impregnate as many women as he could. So their is a fundamental disconnect in the desires between men and women. Men seek independence and women seek security.

But society has changed dramatically over time women have reached more-or-less the same level as men in society. They can work so don't need a man to survive, they don't need a man to protect them as this is meant to be a service provided for by the state and they are able to raise children either with their own money or government handouts. The result is that men have become less valuable to women. In the past it was most important that a man could provide for a woman. Now that young women earn about the same as men, they have become more demanding. They generally still want wealthy men, but now they also want attractive men, men with good bodies, men with the same interests etc.

This, in combination with female supremacism (feminism), as opposed to women's rights advocacy, has led to the growing phenomena of men seeking women from poorer countries as they can no longer get the women they think they deserve from Western societies - very attractive; and males withdrawing from society, playing videos games in a basement all day because they are seen as lower value and been told they are useless. The MGTOW movement you mention is another symptom of these changes. Whereby men cut themselves off from relationships with women as they think they are not worth the hassle. Or at least that is what they say. For me, MGTOW more represents men who are unhappy with the new gender playing-field, don't think they can get what they want, are not willing to put in the effort and have maybe had a bad experience with women; really they would probably like a healthy relationship, but have chosen to act like a sulky child and seal themselves off. I think it is a form of self harm. I doubt they will be happy in their 50s and 60s as MGTOW.

Men and women need to come to compromised agreements in their relationships. If a man seeks some sort of independence, but the woman want to be very close, then they need to find a solution that is acceptable for both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Liberty Black Relationships : Are professional black men turned off by professional black women who are too independent? Black Relationships 51
shaka64 Black People : Professional Black Women Wrongly Accused of Prostitution Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Professional Are No Role Model For Freedom, Justice, And Independence For Black Afrikans In America Not By Choice!!! Black People Open Forum 0
blazejay Black People : Help What country should a single,black male professional move to? Black People Open Forum 9
Destee Black Sports : Has There Ever Been an All Black Roster for a Professional Sports Team? Black Sports 16
Ankhur Black People : The Plight of Black Professional Fishers in the Gulf Black People Open Forum 3
Isaiah Black Sports : AVERY JOHNSON & BLACK COACHES IN PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL... Black Sports 12
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : Isn't Church In Association With Religion, Professional Businesses? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
OldSoul OldSoul : A Professional Revolutionary - Zayd Malik Shakur OldSoul 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Watch: Cicely Tyson Looks Back on Her Professional and Personal Life in CBS Profile Black Entertainment 0
Destee Black Sports : Which professional sport leagues require college, prior to inclusion? Black Sports 3
J Black Positive People : Moyea SWF to Video Converter Standard--Professional tool Black People Doing Positive Things 0
T Black People : One of my Professional Parents Speak Black People Open Forum 0
D Race impacts professional lives of physicians of African descent Black Health and Wellness 0
P Black Money Business Jobs : African Professional FW: NYC/Jersey City Mixer - August 31st Black Money Business Jobs 0
B Black People Politics : CRUSHING BLACK PEOPLE NOT CONNECTED TO SECRET SOCIETIES AND SYNDICATES...PART 3 Black People Politics 0
B Black People Politics : CRUSHING BLACK PEOPLE NOT CONNECTED TO SECRET SOCIETIES AND SYNDICATES...PART 2 Black People Politics 0
B Black People Politics : CRUSHING BLACK PEOPLE NOT CONNECTED TO SECRET SOCIETIES AND SYNDICATES Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Black Native American descendants fight for recognition African American History Culture 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED HAIR CARE PRODUCT LINE IN NEIMAN MARCUS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Fine1952 Black People : The Black Tax - *Black Lives Still Don't Matter* Black People Open Forum 25
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Nov 15, 2020 - Topic: Black People Dont Want No white God Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : The Destruction Of The Black Afrikan Woman Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 'You are my wildest dream': Sydney Barber will be first Black woman to serve as US Naval Academy brigade commander Black People Doing Positive Things 0
I_AM_HER Steals and Deals : Black woman -owned Candle Shop in Houston, TX Shopping - Steals and Deals! 0
I_AM_HER Black Women : A black woman's experience and the failed U.S. healthcare system Black Women 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Take that, you Black and Latino defectors! Black People Politics 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Black People : Will The Black Divine Beings Ever Rise Again? Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Knowledge Of Need Black People Open Forum 0
Discerning Black People Politics : Older Black Voters are doing their part Black People Politics 0
C Black People : There Is A Difference In Black Afrikan American And Black Afrikans In America Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : What Ever Happened to Hazel Scott? One of the most Brilliant Beautiful Black Women Ever! Black People Open Forum 1
C Black People : The Problem With Black Folks Is Black Folks Black People Open Forum 1
Discerning Black People Politics : Kristen Welker made all Black women proud tonight Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Our Black Party Black People Politics 0
C Black People : There Is No Victory For Black Afrikan People Black People Open Forum 0
Don Fletcher Black Poetry : Black Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : New book reveals Malcolm X secretly met the KKK to discuss setting up a ‘separate state’ for Black Americans Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Ice Cube Helped Develop a New ‘Black Trump Platform’ and Fans Are Calling Him Out Over It Black People Politics 25
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Killer Mike's majority Black and Latino owned online bank already has 'tens of thousands' on the waiting list Black Money Business Jobs 0
C Black People : The Mind Of Black Afrikan Americans Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : BLACK PARADE- Beyonce by Jene Marie Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : JPMorgan Chase is making a $30 billion commitment to help address U.S. wealth in equality, in underserved Black and Latino Communities Black People Open Forum 2
HODEE Black People Politics : LACK OF SUPPORT FOR DEMOCRATS ( BLUE STATES ) IS BECAUSE REPUBLICANS DON'T WANT TO HELP THE BLACK ( DEMOCRATIC ) COMMUNITY Black People Politics 3
OldSoul Black People : What it means to be Black in Brazil Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : CONSCIOUSNESS RAISING ONLINE - Oct 4, 2020 - Say their names - Black Women Killed by Police Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Must Learn Again Black People Open Forum 0