Black People Politics : Are mixed race people allowed to identify as black or white

Khari osei

Apr 3, 2016
Ive been seeing a lot of mix race people saying they identify as black. Even though they are as white as bleach and dark mix race people saying they identify as white?????

What is it to be black.
What is it to be white.

personally i believe they cant identify as any race but "mixed race" (mulatto) because they both have black and white in them so they should just embrace both cultures and not lean to one or the other. I will like to hear you guys opinions.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
personally i believe they cant identify as any race but "mixed race" (mulatto) because they both have black and white in them so they should just embrace both cultures and not lean to one or the other. I will like to hear you guys opinions.
Ive been seeing a lot of mix race people saying they identify as black. Even though they are as white as bleach and dark mix race people saying they identify as white?????

What is it to be black.
What is it to be white.

At the end of the day, even after carrying out what you personally believe above; the person should choose which side they prefer to identify with, in order to cope with the ongoing and complex conundrum.

Read more here:
https://thebodyisnotanapology.com/m...ings-you-should-not-say-to-mixed-race-people/

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

What is it to be black.
What is it to be white.

It's not about what they are allowed to do. The one drop rule has never ben over turned. They are black, unless they can pass

willa

Apr 7, 2013
Well since I have a mixed family, the ideal is to love and be loved by both.
If there is one family of black who fights against or white that fights against, it will be that family who loses everything. Because people are going to love without those who are all boiled up against the other.

I just asked a family teen what she does and she says she tells people she is both black and white. And she is very popular with girls and boys her age, no problem. That is because she is pretty, funny and has a 4.0 grade average and is already accepted to a college at 17. She never uses the term mulatto, that is an olden days racist term. She is an excellent example of the future generation, black and also white millennials.

willa

Apr 7, 2013
In case this a legitimate query here is the legal establishments racial tracking breakdown for government record keeping.

English version:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/census

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census_in_the_United_Kingdom

American version:

https://www.census.gov/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States_Census

And just in case this is all about the funnies, if you really want to experience the other side:

Try this.

Have fun with yourself.
Once again you bring amazing things for thought and information.
I could say I'm glad the younger generation won't experience anything that cruel. But I think the stronger thing I'll say is to ask everyone this question: If we all were told we could move to a brand-new continent and to be packed up to leave in twenty minutes, what would you want to take with you? Would you take that movie, or leave it behind?!

The kids are like the new continent. I wouldn't want to carry past racist samples as baggage to them. I want them to have fresh ideas and feel capable to meet their future with nothing pulling them down or worries about their way forward. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OldSoul Black People : Ireland's forgotten mixed-race child abuse victims Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : My Heritage Is Mixed Race. Chances Are Decent That Yours Is, Too African American History Culture 0
frankster Black People : Hafu.....Mixed race Japanese beauty abuse - not Japanese enough. Black People Open Forum 4
Kadijah Black People : Mixed Race babies are the cutest.... aren't they? Black People Open Forum 58
kamau makesi-tehuti Black People : 'Mixed race' Afrikans -historical implications & proscriptive solutions Black People Open Forum 0
Amnat77 Black People : Mixed-Race Populations Experience Major Growth in the South Black People Open Forum 33
S Black Relationships : Marriage for the Mixed-Race (NOT Mixed-Race Marriage) Black Relationships 110
Kemetstry Black People : About the Mixed Race Questio Black People Open Forum 153
RAPTOR Congo : japanese workers killed mixed race babies in the congo Republic of the Congo 33
A Black People : Is It Better To Be Mixed Race Black People Open Forum 7
P Black People : Mixed Race Rave Black People Open Forum 1
P Black People : A Mixed Race Rant - Rewrite Black People Open Forum 74
P South Africa : The stigma of being mixed race in South Africa! South Africa 18
R Black Poetry : He tried to fix his luck because he's mixed up and confuse been used like soap in a bathtub this is not a the path of love you can do the math in a cl Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : He see a girl pies smoking and eyes wide open he can only stare at and hope she share that his mind mixed and shook but he had a fixed look on her, h Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
R Black Poetry : confused mean mixed up use knowledge to fix a corrupt situation so Twix me a cup of coffee and some toast bread I really hate to boast about what I sa Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Have to fix his luck he's mixed up and confused may lose his girl in the drop top cruise he post th Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : for him time to amuse but confused and mixed up had to fix his luck, style old like wild mold,growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : Feast on grocery while writing a piece of poetry bitter pure Literature my mixed rhymes fix minds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : Little Walter - Crazy, Mixed Up World Black Entertainment 0
MsInterpret Black Christians : Mixed Religous Marriages? Christian Study Group 3
H Black People : Dr. Laura Call Black Woman In Mixed Marriage The N Word Black People Open Forum 28
I Black People : White Mama and Granny= Mixed NUT! Black People Open Forum 0
M Black Poetry : BEING MIXED UP Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
S Black People : Another Ploy To Annihilate Black...Or A "Feel-Good" For Mixed Folks? You Decide... Black People Open Forum 7
mistaliberator Black Poetry : Can U Hear My Cry (MIXED THOUGHTS) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Therious Pan Africanism : mixed afrikan races African American History Culture 60
P Black People : ARE ALOT OF BLACKS MIXED????? Black People Open Forum 24
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Mixed Up.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
E Black People : Growing up in a mixed environment Black People Open Forum 7
S Black Poetry : Mixed Feelings Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
L Quiet Poetry Lounge : Death Mixed With Dreams... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
A Black Jokes Humor : mixed bag Black Jokes Humor 2
A Black Jokes Humor : mixed messeges Black Jokes Humor 5
cocobutterskyn Black Poetry : Living In A Mixed Up World~A So'ja,Coco&EpipFusion Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 19
blakverb Black Poetry : Shhh...don't say this too loud in mixed company Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
B Black People : MIXED HIP HOP CD's!!!!!!! Black People Open Forum 2
S Black Poetry : Mixed Emotions Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
C Black People : Race As A Mean Of Oppression Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : What happens if a US presidential candidate exits the race? Black People Politics 2
R Black Poetry : Come hot with moves and lot of dudes sways nowadays its a street race have to keep pace need tremendous motion in a continuous ocean rip shop and sca Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
HODEE Law Forum : Chances of African Americans ( LIFE ) Historically have been Shaped by Race. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
HODEE Science and Technology : ( OPERATION " WARP SPEED " ) CORONA VIRUS ANTIBODIES VACCINE RACE AGAINST CHINA, U.S.A and SEVERAL PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES Science and Technology 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Enlightenment’s Dark Side How the Enlightenment created modern race thinking, and why we should confront it African American History Culture 0
C Black People : The Inability Of The Black Race Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Why has the Tulsa Race Massacre been largely forgotten? African American History Culture 1
OldSoul Black People : New Research Identifies Possible Mass Graves From 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : A Race Without Respect Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Religion, The Down-Fall Of The Black Afrikan Race Black People Open Forum 1
Chyko Black Entertainment : Again, Cardi B Responds To People Questioning Her Race And Ethnicity - ""How Do You Act Like A Black Woman?" Black Entertainment 0