Black People : Anybody Notice How Quiet It Has Become In The Streets The Last 48 Hours?

Damaris Sheldon

Banned
Jun 27, 2016
I just got home a little while ago from clubbing with my friends & with of course one of my older male cousins my dad pays to watch over me by order of my dad who mistakenly thinks I'm still a child. Anyway, just out of curiosity we drove around to some of the Black areas like Glen Cove, Freeport, Roosevelt, Hempstead & Westbury & it was eerily quiet, not the usual post club carrying on & hoopla, it was like people were going to work or something, nobody made eye contact with the police who were maintaining an unusually high visibility throughout the entire county, nobody was getting quick bites before they went home, most of the police cars now had at least two cops in them, some had 4 cops, a lot of unmarked cars were prowling about too, driving very slow & just eying everybody, a few of the cops who knew me from my dad just gave me a perfunctory nod, no wave, no hello, no nothing. My mom came into my room a few minutes ago very distraught & told me that some of my dads retired Navy & retired police buddies have contacted him yesterday & are visiting him later today or tomorrow with intentions of inviting him to join "Oath Keepers", I said mom these guys are racist White militants who threatened, bullied & harassed the Black protesters in Ferguson Missouri over the Michael Brown murder, mom cried some more then showed me some articles that clearly reveal that a number of retired & on duty Black military veterans & retired Black policemen are now members of this group. I just went on their website & what my mom said is true. they actually have numerous Black members giving testimony as to the benefit of belonging to this whatever it claims to be, I don't feel too good about this, I personally feel an attempt to foster treason against my race is afoot here so later today I going to start contacting my family & we need to get together & try to see if my dad can in some way validate his reason for aligning himself with something like this, this, all of this what's happened in the last 96 hours in America is not good, not good at all.

Shikamaru

May 7, 2011
If it has black members in it which obviously it does, would it still be considered a group with a racist agenda? You decide.

www.oathkeepers.org

Better to join a group like the Huey P. Newton gun club, than oathkeepers.org if you are black

History of Policing in the United States (Link)

In the Southern states the development of American policing followed a different path. The genesis of the modern police organization in the South is the "Slave Patrol" (Platt 1982). The first formal slave patrol was created in the Carolina colonies in 1704 (Reichel 1992). Slave patrols had three primary functions: (1) to chase down, apprehend, and return to their owners, runaway slaves; (2) to provide a form of organized terror to deter slave revolts; and, (3) to maintain a form of discipline for slave-workers who were subject to summary justice, outside of the law, if they violated any plantation rules. Following the Civil War, these vigilante-style organizations evolved in modern Southern police departments primarily as a means of controlling freed slaves who were now laborers working in an agricultural caste system, and enforcing "Jim Crow" segregation laws, designed to deny freed slaves equal rights and access to the political system.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : God Is Not On Anybody Side Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Anybody Who Take Kanye West As a Joke Is A Fool!!! Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : Don't feed yours just anybody's. Food Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Black People Politics : WHY ANYBODY BUT BERNIE Black People Politics 0
K Black Astrology : Anybody do readings Black Astrology 3
chuck Black Entertainment : Anybody Else Here Also Hip To Sun Ra And His Arkestra?!? Black Entertainment 10
chuck Black Entertainment : Anybody Saw Chiraj Yet?!? Black Entertainment 11
jamesfrmphilly Health and Wellness : anybody ever use neem oil? Black Health and Wellness 6
chuck Black People : Anybody Else Having New Account Issues/Problems? Black People Open Forum 0
nixprophet African Traditional Religion : Can anybody reference the African Village?? African Traditional Religion Study Group 21
A Black Spirituality Religion : ANYBODY SIMILAR TO JESUS IN THE HISTORY OF AFRICAN SPIRITUALITY? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : anybody know how bit torrents work? Science and Technology 9
Bootzey Black Authors : Anybody her Blog? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
E Black People : Is There Anybody Else Out There? ? ? Black People Open Forum 10
HODEE Black Poetry : ANYBODY AT ALL Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
THE-GOD Black People : Anybody ever been to the George Washington Masonic Memorial? Black People Open Forum 0
Khasm13 Khasm13 : anybody tipped on this book set.... Khasm13 4
river Science and Technology : Anybody else Have Printing Problems with windows Vista? Science and Technology 4
THE-GOD Black People : anybody seen Apocalypso Africa: Made in America? Black People Open Forum 7
emanuel goodman Black People : HAS ANYBODY HEARD FORM THE CHIEF ELDER OSIRIS Black People Open Forum 6
Bootzey Food Discussion : Why Didn't Anybody Tell Me!!!! Food Discussion and Recipes 16
T Black People : Is anybody else Black People Open Forum 0
T Black People : Debate Anybody? Black People Open Forum 0
river Black People : Anybody Have Information About AASAP? Black People Open Forum 4
J Black People : anybody ever read MEDICAL APARTHEID? about black people Black People Open Forum 2
T Black People : OUR FORMATIVE YEARS...anybody ready to Grow with M.E. Black People Open Forum 0
J Black People : Anybody ever had a Genealogy Test Black People Open Forum 6
D Science and Technology : Anybody? Science and Technology 0
A Black People : Anybody read "THE ICEMAN INHERITANCE"? Black People Open Forum 0
A Black People : Anybody have any Bobby Hemmitt lectures they can upload? Black People Open Forum 5
A Black People : ANYBODY CAN GIVE BLOOD Black People Open Forum 7
S Black Spirituality Religion : Anybody Can Be *Jesus* Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 15
D Black People : Music Producer and anybody Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : anybody seen wesley? Black Entertainment 7
PurpleMoons Black People : Anybody here have a saltwater aquarium? Black People Open Forum 2
T Black Poetry : Streets & Love (Anybody Colab) Poetry Cypher Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 45
M Black People : Anybody... home? Black People Open Forum 2
N Black Children : anybody here my age Black Children 13
P Black Picture Image Gallery : Anybody got pictures of women with 34 inch hips??? Black Picture Image Gallery 12
B Black Sports : Karl Malone and Katrina-anybody else heard this? Black Sports 4
nevar Black Entertainment : anybody feeling keisha cole.............. Black Entertainment 1
anAfrican Science and Technology : Does anybody want to explore linux? Science and Technology 12
Y Phones and Apps : Anybody else live by their cellphone? Science and Technology 9
G Does anybody have a list of natural plants and their benefits? Black Health and Wellness 7
1 Black Entertainment : Does anybody watch College Hill? Black Entertainment 11
Y Black People : Is anybody else feeling Nas Black People Open Forum 2
A Black Poetry : does anybody know any other large poetry forums/boards ? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
P Black Poetry : **Has Anybody Seen Love** Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
queentswana NEED HELP...SOMEBODY, ..ANYBODY Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 2
2 Black People : anybody else like me? Anybody? Black People Open Forum 3