Black People : Another Stolen Election?

phynxofkemet

Jan 11, 2008
eartH (Heart) is my home
Occupation
child care provider
Hi Everyone!

The following is an email I received from the Color of Change Network, I would like to share it with the forum - for those who are interested in the political games being played in the Democratic Party...

Some leaders in the Democratic Party are playing with fire. They think that they can betray the will of millions of voters and choose Hillary Clinton as the nominee, regardless of whether or not she is the choice of the voters. We can't let this happen. It would be the largest disenfranchisement in modern history, and it would mean the Democratic Party giving their stamp of approval to a clear and consistent pattern of race-baiting by the Clinton campaign.

If we make our voices heard, we can stop it. Please join us in signing an open letter to leaders in the Democratic Party -- DNC Chair Howard Dean, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, and all superdelegates -- demanding that they reject an outcome that involves trampling voting rights and legitimizing the politics of division and fear:

http://colorofchange.org/dems/?id=2035-518646

By the time the last vote is cast on June 3rd under the rules of the Democratic Party, it's unlikely Hillary Clinton will beat Barack Obama among voters.1 But there's a chance that superdelegates will hand Clinton the nomination anyway.

This would be a shocking attack on democracy, and it would destroy the Democratic Party's credibility on protecting the right to vote. Black people have a long history of fighting against voter suppression, and now the Democratic Party will be the enemy in that fight. As bad as that would be, there's another reason that a coup by party insiders would threaten racial progress.

Senator Clinton's plan to have superdelegates hand her the nomination relies on a parallel strategy -- she has to stoke enough division and race-based fear among Democratic voters to convince superdelegates that white voters will not vote for Senator Obama in the general election.2 One of Clinton's key arguments to superdelegates is that America won't elect a Black man, and therefore she's the better choice for Democrats to beat John McCain.3,4 While she makes that argument in private to superdelegates, in public, Clinton's campaign and her surrogates are doing everything they can to damage Barack Obama by ginning up fear and division and playing to the worst instincts of our society. It's an insult to Black people and all Americans, Obama and Clinton supporters alike.

The pattern has been clear and consistent to some party leaders. Last week, according to the Washington Post, James Clyburn -- who as House Majority Whip remains neutral and is the highest ranking Black member of Congress -- accused the Clintons of marginalizing Black voters.5 Referring to this strategy in another interview, Clyburn said that "Nothing in this campaign has been by accident."6

Congressman Clyburn warned that "black people are incensed" over the divisiveness of the Clinton strategy and that it threatens an irreparable breach between Black people and the Democratic Party.7 He's right. And if superdelegates hand Clinton a victory despite her defeat among voters, they will be condoning and rewarding that strategy.

Some party leaders have expressed strong concern about superdelegates overruling voters.8,9 But as a whole, superdelegates have not made it clear that they will respect the will of voters. Today, we want to send a clear, unequivocal message to superdelegates and other party leaders: Reject the idea that the nomination can be won with a strategy that preys on racism, sows division, and disenfranchises millions of voters.

Please join us:

http://colorofchange.org/dems/?id=2035-518646

-- James, Van, Gabriel, Clarissa, Mervyn, Andre, and the rest of the ColorOfChange.org team
May 2nd, 2008

References:

1. "Analysis: Time, delegate math working against Clinton," AP, 04-18-2008
http://***********/3rzn45

2. Keith Olbermann Special Comment on Clinton Campaign, MSNBC, 03-12-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ2JtUmB3kc

3. "Mark Halperin Explains the Clinton Argument for Staying In," Mark Halperin on FOX News, 03-28-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ3Gyum4434

4. "Clinton ally: Some whites 'not ready' for Obama," AP, 02-12-2008
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23134717/

5. "Party Fears Racial Divide," Washington Post, 04-26-2008
http://***********/4aoj6h

6. "Vexing Issue for the Clinton Campaign: What to Make of Bill?," New York Times, 04-29-2008
http://***********/475g5b

7. "Black Leader in House Denounces Bill Clinton's Remarks," The Caucus, 04-24-2008
http://***********/3hn8aj

8. "Brazile: I'll Quit DNC Position Over Superdelegates," News & Notes, 02-11-2008
http://***********/4emgl3

9. "Brazile: Howard Dean And Other Party Leaders Should Be Prepared To Step In," TPM Election Central, 03-05-2008
http://***********/3dfm6s

Da Street So'ja

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
where failure is not an option
Occupation
thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
i say this is all for nothing

i hear your position

but MCCAIN WINS

JEB BUSH IS VICE PRESIDENT

HELLO

you heard it here first

so the dems can fight and bicker

if they like

phynxofkemet

Jan 11, 2008
eartH (Heart) is my home
Occupation
child care provider
Um no....

I really don't see McCain in office not that I try, but....
the point is that Obama must be the one to face McCain. It is his destiny and his right. And yes, it does make a difference.
If we are to have change we must believe it is possible, no? Otherwise what's the use of trying to do anything if nothing could ever change for our benefit?

Obama has the support of many many people, including the ancestors that helped to bring him this far.
The gates for change of open now, and he's going to walk through it. we need to support him.

Da Street So'ja

Banned
Jun 11, 2001
where failure is not an option
Occupation
thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
and on 9/11 we didn't see planes flying into buildings

I really don't see McCain in office not that I try, but....
the point is that Obama must be the one to face McCain. It is his destiny and his right. And yes, it does make a difference.
If we are to have change we must believe it is possible, no? Otherwise what's the use of trying to do anything if nothing could ever change for our benefit?

Obama has the support of many many people, including the ancestors that helped to bring him this far.
The gates for change of open now, and he's going to walk through it. we need to support him.

either

sista i'm with you i feel your position trust me

i don't want to see this

but "this" is not our game

MCCAIN WILL WIN JEB BUSH VICE PRESIDENT

i don't like it either

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
change is in the air.....

this is the most interesting and educational election i have ever seen.
it is all being laid out there for you to see.
the entire world is watching.

:qqb004:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Thuso Black People : Another stolen election, this time at the hands of the Democrats? Black People Open Forum 1
HODEE Black People : Will our new Roaring ’20s end with another Great Depression? Not if Joe Biden’s smart. Black People Open Forum 1
R Black People Politics : Another Reason Trump Supporters Are Insane Black People Politics 3
SwagII Black Women : He Left Her For Another Man? Black Women 0
Kemetstry Black Ancestors : R.I.P. JOHN LEWIS ANOTHER LION FALLEN Honoring Black Ancestors 1
Fine1952 African American History Culture : Juneteenth - Another Slave Holiday African American History Culture 41
Fine1952 Black People : ~Another Year Wise-er~ Black People Open Forum 2
HODEE Black Entertainment : Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song (Official Music Video) Black Entertainment 1
TotalView Black Poetry : another one of those kisses and some oatmeal Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Al D Black People : Another viable alternative for African American Youth Success Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black People Politics : "ADOS" is just another black elitist platform led by miseducated leaders Black People Politics 8
R Black Poetry : Self aware that elsewhere at another place there is butter and lace that he can chase he can jest ta Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black People : Ed Department might use another source of fed money to give school staff access to guns and training Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : another format Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID ears take a local pounding from my social surrounding, join a thing to another and wear blin Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Proud Biracial Black People Politics : Another Bootlick Bails On Trump Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Model Who Was Bullied for Her Dark Skin Stars in Another Make Up For Ever Campaign Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : PLUTARCH’S ESSAY TITLED “ON CONTENTMENT”: another nail in the Lukewarm church. AACOOLDRE 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: Lonnie Johnson - Another Night To Cry Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Is the Mental Health System Yet Another Form of Institutional Racism? Black Health and Wellness 2
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : another day, another dead black person... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Abdul-Jabbar: 'Being Dismissed by One Party and Taken for Granted by Another' Has Hurt Blacks Black People Politics 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Another Frozen Vegetable Recall Food Discussion and Recipes 11
chuck Black People : Today's Detroit: Another 'Tale of Two Cities' Story! Black People Open Forum 0
S Black People : Black men respecting one another. Black People Open Forum 2
S Black People : many black people love one another Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : ANOTHER TUSKEGEE EXPERIMENT? Black Health and Wellness 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Yet Another Top African American Staffer Departs RNC Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Another All-White Oscars? This Is ... Black Entertainment 78
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Trump Says Americans Won’t Vote For Another Black President Because Obama Was So Bad Black People Politics 46
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : another sister killed in texas..... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Just another day(work flow) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
chuck Black People : Afrofuturism From Another Point of View Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : Another Take On Our True Roots In The Americas Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People Politics : Another Black History Lesson Black People Politics 16
chuck Black People : Another Reason Brother Ali Is 'The Greatest' Among Us All! Black People Open Forum 1
KingSango Black People : African independence or White Supremacy for another 100 years? Black People Open Forum 1
HODEE Black Poetry : Another Year Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
S Black People : D'angelo returns with.. Another song for Kiwanda Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Law Forum : Rev. Edward Pinkney Sentenced: Whirlpool and White Racism Imprison Another Black Leader Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
chuck Black People : It's Not Just About Detroit: Another State Of The Black Nation Overview Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People Politics : Legalizing It All Seems and Sounds Like Another Cop Out! Black People Politics 26
CosmicMessenger Black Poetry : So Black, So Beautiful (another poem off the top of my head) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
shaka64 The Police : St. Louis police killed ANOTHER young Black boy Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 16
shaka64 Black People : Pennsylvania State Trooper dies in shooting, another wounded Black People Open Forum 4
Kemetstry Black Sports : ANOTHER NBA OWNER DOES A STERLING Black Sports 29
Omowale Jabali The Police : LAPD: Another Brother Shot Down Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 75
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Here We Go Again -- Another Pedophile Exposed Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 13
Kemetstry Black People : ANOTHER REASON FOR REPARATIONS Black People Open Forum 10
I Black Women : Another question for the Sisters (Black women) Black Women 26