An Open Letter to young Brothers with closed minds...

Sun Ship

Aug 31, 2003
A lot of times, young Black men either sit on their brains or store them in their balls. Brothers have to learn how the work the knowledge they believe they possess. "don’t let anyone throw you off, including yourself." …for battles are usually short-lived but the war is long and continuous. It’s like the difference between bangin’ and long strokin’. One is good but the other is better. So if want to be around young brothers and excellent lovers, learn to work your knowledge with wisdom and yearn to obtain the great path toward understanding. Knowledge is worthless if can’t be applied or soothe and cure the pain and suffering of the people. So control your minds and your masculinity for both heads need to be led by knowledge, wisdom and understanding. :wink:

Ase!

Brother Sun Ship :cool:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Sun Ship said:
A lot of times, young Black men either sit on their brains or store them in their balls. Brothers have to learn how the work the knowledge they believe they possess. "don’t let anyone throw you off, including yourself." …for battles are usually short-lived but the war is long and continuous. It’s like the difference between bangin’ and long strokin’. One is good but the other is better. So if want to be around young brothers and excellent lovers, learn to work your knowledge with wisdom and yearn to obtain the great path toward understanding. Knowledge is worthless if can’t be applied or soothe and cure the pain and suffering of the people. So control your minds and your masculinity for both heads need to be led by knowledge, wisdom and understanding. :wink:

Ase!

Brother Sun Ship ... once again ... and always ... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The only thing i'd like to add, if i may ... is that "Young Brothers" should apply to all those younger than the oldest present ... for we'd not want anyone that should be included, to feel left out! :wink:

Thank you for continuing to lead and guide.

God Has Blessed Us All.

:heart:

Destee

Kwango_Likemba

Jan 3, 2005
Sun Ship said:

Ase!

Again I agree with you Brother Sun Ship! Knowledgeable young men shouldn’t make things worse due to their lack of confidence in their home and in the community. They need use their knowledge to bring change in all aspects in their family and in the community. Our young men are remarkable leaders when they call, encourage and unite their people. I see youth male having this potential, only if they are intelligent AND broadminded.

Sun Ship

Aug 31, 2003
Let this ancient circle be unbroken...

Ashe and Supreme Love to Sister Destee and Sister Kwango.

I guess I used the term “young Black men”, because it seemed that a few of the brothers who were banned lately were in there 30’s and though they are truly men, they still have a lot of growing left to experience. There has been a “disconnect” between the conscious brothers who have been around a little longer and the brothers who are coming along today. Many times they (the younger brothers) don’t have a grip of the full story.

I feel it’s necessary that they study the language and wisdom or stories of Brothers like Jamesfrmphilly and others here, to get an intrinsic feeling of the unwritten legacy of Black manhood. No book can give you that, or your buddy next door. I have learned more about life and how to interpret ancient wisdom from informal and incidental conversations with Black elders in my family and the broader community, than any books I have ever read; No matter how deep it was or how much I paid for it. And this lesson pertains to the sisters also…

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
well said i agree big ups brutha Sun-ship continue to feed the word so
all may have hope ........and understanding of a guiding path .

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: