Ethiopia : America’s GM Grain Surpluses: Sowing the Seeds of Famine in Ethiopia

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
This article, which describes how genetically modified seeds granted as “food aid” was instrumental in triggering famine. It was first published in The Ecologist in September 2000. It was one the first articles published on Global Research in September 2001. It was also published as a chapter in the second edition of Michel Chossudovsky’s “Globalization of Poverty and the New World Order
The “economic therapy” imposed under IMF-World Bank jurisdiction is in large part responsible for triggering famine and social devastation in Ethiopia and the rest of sub-Saharan Africa, wreaking the peasant economy and impoverishing millions of people.
With the complicity of branches of the US government, it has also opened the door for the appropriation of traditional seeds and landraces by US biotech corporations, which behind the scenes have been peddling the adoption of their own genetically modified seeds under the disguise of emergency aid and famine relief.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/americas-gm-grain-surpluses-sowing-the-seeds-of-famine-in-ethiopia/5336316

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Check this out, Bro. AC...

The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation. I posted this also in the WWIII thread.

"Control the food and you control the people."

The comments made about the book from readers are very telling.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Good stuff Alarm Clock and NNQueen, thanks for staying on top of this. Here's a Thread that didn't get much play, but should come in handy when needed:

Whole Foods' Brilliant Cross-Contamination Plan
Discussion in 'Black Health Beauty' started by Clyde Coger, Mar 24, 2013

http://www.destee.com/index.php?threads/whole-foods-brilliant-cross-contamination-plan.75237/

Peace In,

This article, which describes how genetically modified seeds granted as “food aid” was instrumental in triggering famine. It was first published in The Ecologist in September 2000. It was one the first articles published on Global Research in September 2001. It was also published as a chapter in the second edition of Michel Chossudovsky’s “Globalization of Poverty and the New World Order
The “economic therapy” imposed under IMF-World Bank jurisdiction is in large part responsible for triggering famine and social devastation in Ethiopia and the rest of sub-Saharan Africa, wreaking the peasant economy and impoverishing millions of people.
With the complicity of branches of the US government, it has also opened the door for the appropriation of traditional seeds and landraces by US biotech corporations, which behind the scenes have been peddling the adoption of their own genetically modified seeds under the disguise of emergency aid and famine relief.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/americas-gm-grain-surpluses-sowing-the-seeds-of-famine-in-ethiopia/5336316

Check this out, Bro. AC...

The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation. I posted this also in the WWIII thread.

"Control the food and you control the people."

The comments made about the book from readers are very telling.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Anna Clark, the Seed Lady of Watts, breaks down this problem and provides real solutions:

http://www.destee.com/index.php?threads/whole-foods-brilliant-cross-contamination-plan.75237/#post-803759

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11570729

NNQueen
Alarm Clock

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
So what are we going to do about it? A lot of us can expound on the problems, what are the solutions?

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Same question! :) What are we going to do about it?:mad:
Hello sekou kasimu and welcome to Destee. You pose a very good question for the community, of which you are now a member of.

Do you have any suggestions on what we can do?

Speaking for myself, what I am doing is my best not to support corporations like Monsanto by reading food labels at grocery stores and not buying GM foods. This is the best time of year where I live because I can buy locally from farmer's markets who grow and sell real organic foods and not fakes. Many of the non-vegetable products sold at FM's are also gluten-free. I am also starting a vegetable garden at home, grown from seeds that are organic and not GM'd. You have to read the labels very carefully. This is what I can do as an individual.

As for Afrika and helping to block GM'd foods from being sent there, I don't know what I can do but I'm open to suggestions. Again, do you have any?

Queenie :heart:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Hello sekou kasimu and welcome to Destee. You pose a very good question for the community, of which you are now a member of.

Do you have any suggestions on what we can do?

Speaking for myself, what I am doing is my best not to support corporations like Monsanto by reading food labels at grocery stores and not buying GM foods. This is the best time of year where I live because I can buy locally from farmer's markets who grow and sell real organic foods and not fakes. Many of the non-vegetable products sold at FM's are also gluten-free. I am also starting a vegetable garden at home, grown from seeds that are organic and not GM'd. You have to read the labels very carefully. This is what I can do as an individual.

As for Afrika and helping to block GM'd foods from being sent there, I don't know what I can do but I'm open to suggestions. Again, do you have any?

Queenie :heart:

Very good point NNQueen, if there's any truth behind these words; there's little anyone can do at this point:

But in Africa, where governments are increasingly searching for ways to feed growing populations, there are signs that restrictions could be gradually lifted.

"There is growing recognition that African countries will need to use a range of modern technologies, including biotechnology, to adapt crops to new ecological conditions," Calestous Juma, a Kenyan professor of international development at Harvard University in the United States told Reuters.
As health fears ebb, Africa looks at easing GM crop bans

* European fear of GMOs eases after decades of safe use
* Change seen having an impact on African GM attitudes
* African trials focussed on new, local GM varieties
* Increase in EU cultivation seen as unlikely
By Charlie Dunmore and Olivia Kumwenda
BRUSSELS/JOHANNESBURG, June 5 (Reuters) - African countries keen to improve crop yields, reduce hunger and protect themselves from climate change have begun to reassess their objections to genetically modified crops, after following Europe's lead in largely banning the technology.

While North and South American producers enthusiastically embraced genetically modified crops nearly two decades ago and use is spreading in Asia, many European and African countries have banned it, in part because of public fear of health risks.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/06/eu-africa-gmo-idUSL5N0EG3K520130606?feedType=RSS&feedName=marketsNews&rpc=43

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: