Black Relationships : Allow Me to Ask it Differetly - For those who have cheated ...

legit-writer

Dec 12, 2002
For those who have cheated, what drove you to do it, and do you feel justified, as if you had a good reason to do it?

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
people--men and women--will cheat whenever something is missing in the relationship. people will cheat when the relationship is out of whack, in some way, and they no longer feel it is worth saving--even if they're still there. and people will cheat when they feel some insecurities surrounding their mate.

in my first marriage, i cheated. although i feel that my reasons were justified, my wife didn't...and she couldn't get beyond my infidelity. later--we've remained very good friends and often talk about what happened to us--she willingly accepted her role in the downfall of our relationship...including why i cheated. but in the heat of the moment, she couldn't see it. NO...I WILL NOT LIST THOSE REASONS HERE.

women should realize something: when they try to use sex as a weapon...a means of controlling, or punishing, their husbands...they are only opening the door for someone else. yes, he's married and should be able to control himself...but even God recognized that the flesh is weak. God said that neither a husband, nor a wife, should be denying your spouse his/her marital due (sex)...because it opens him up to temptation. when you deny a man sex, then send him out into the lion's den--that unrighteous world, where hundreds of women are saying, "come on, baby, you can have some of this."--is like sending a starving man to a restaurant, with a million dollars in his pocket, but tell him that he cannot eat anything. HE'S GOING TO PARTAKE OF THE THINGS HE'S BEING DENIED. you--as his wife--may claim that he's the one who was wrong, because he cheated, but you were just as wrong because you put him in that position by making him succeptible to the weaknesses of the flesh.

YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR BUSINESS AND HE MAY NOT STRAY.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
Ive yet to do so , but the one's i know who have gave reasons likes of relationship has gone sour
he or she nolonger seem intrested and some say they are so insecured and blame me for it
anyway why not !
then you have some who will say i was pushed into it by the lack of love given
when people cheat you will hear many many reasons and then you have some
who just can't help it out of lust and curiosity and bad judgement.
but brother Baller much said it best....

legit-writer

Dec 12, 2002
I've always learned that you can never control the outcome of anything and that includes a relationship, and that a person may be doing everything they are supposed to do and their partner still cheats on them.No offense but no matter what the reason is, cheating isn't justified. If you are unhappy or aren't getting what you want, just leave, not cheat on someone. Its an adult thing to do. And I see not many people are adult enough to take this approach. It's amazing how folks refer to biblical references to further justify their actions and wrongdoings. To me that's a lame excuse because one is responsible for their own actions. Stand on your own two feet and own what you did and stop pointing the finger at what someone "did" to "cause" you to cheat. No one can make you do anything. While many folks probably want to say "oh you don't understand", "it's more complicated than that" or the most common one of all "you won't understand until you're in the situation yourself", all excuses. Cheating is cheating and it's a cowardly way to exit a relationship.

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
it's so easy to say that something is cowardly...especially if you haven't been in certain situations. it's easy to say what's lame...if you haven't experienced hardships in a relationship. it's easy to say what you wouldn't do, when you haven't been in that situation--i.e. it's easy to condemn a person for stealing...if you've never been hungry enough, and didn't have money enough, and didn't have any other way to fill your stomach. and, yes, it's easy to say that you could just leave.

BUT IT'S NOT ALWAYS THAT EASY.

as a man, if you have three or four kids at home, barely making ends meet, with a wife who doesn't want to have sex with you, for whatever reason--and you know a twenty or thirty-something man will have his sex--you will cheat. you will cheat because you cannot afford to just leave. you cannot afford to support two households and survive. (USUALLY, the woman will end up with the kids...we all know that). like Johnny Taylor said, "it's cheaper to keep her."

For those who have cheated, what drove you to do it, and do you feel justified

i'm not discussing the right or wrong of it...although i could argue both sides. i'm just answering your question. are you trying to condemn me for those actions, instead of trying to understanding why things happen? as in relationships, we're more interesting in crucifying someone than trying to understand how we got in our current dilemma...thinking that "as long as i'm not doing wrong then i can blame him."

but GOD said that it's WRONG to deny your husband his marriage due...just as HE said that sex outside the marriage is WRONG.

THEY'RE BOTH WRONG.

so, in that situation, although the woman might claim that she's not doing anything wrong. in essence, she is. OF DENYING HER HUSBAND HIS MARRIAGE DUE...and of potentially stumbling her husband--subjecting him to the temptations of the flesh. YES...that's wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : A people Who Will Allow Themselves To Be Disrespected Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Why Do Black Afrikans Allow That White Racist Unjust Prejudice Luciferian Human Being Set The Agenda For Black Commentary And Activism??? Black People Open Forum 0
Lon The Front Porch : Hello Fellow Destee Members Allow me to Introduce Myself The Front Porch 2
Destee Black People : Should We Allow the N Word to Be Used Here? Why or Why Not? Vote in the Poll Please. Black People Open Forum 69
Everett The Front Porch : Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Everett The Front Porch 4
R Black Poetry : He some how rhyme and allow time for a coffee break see softy and brought a plate for desserts under Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : HE SAID HE SAID it's black HIPHOP chow dinner when a girl allow me to enter my plan is to knock them Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
nilevalley Black Money Business Jobs : Why do black people allow Asians and Arabs to dominate small businesses in their neighborhood? Black Money Business Jobs 24
shaka64 Black People : Arizona bill would allow businesses to refuse service to gays Black People Open Forum 1
S Black People : There is no society in the world that would allow this to be marketed to their kids. Black People Open Forum 7
MsInterpret Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Black Women Stand on NY Street and Allow Strangers to Touch Their Hair Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 42
Jaya Makara The Front Porch : Allow me to introduce myself to you The Front Porch 5
A Black People : The U.S. Supreme Court 2011 decision that serves to allow judges to void the Constitution in their c Black People Open Forum 5
MsInterpret Black Relationships : Would You Allow Significant Other to Your Passwords? Black Relationships 16
MS234 Black People : How do beautiful Black Woman allow themselves to be surgically ugly? Black People Open Forum 5
Ankhur Nigeria : Why allow religion to seperate us as a Race?/ Nigerian Bombings today Nigeria 71
S Black People : does your disposition allow you to learn new things? Black People Open Forum 15
S Black People : allow the Hatians to immigrate to America.. Black People Open Forum 8
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Why Black Afrikans Will Not Amount To No More Than White Authority Will Allow Them To Chief Elder Osiris 1
Maîtresse Black Spirituality Religion : Spell To Allow Men To See The True Beauty Of A Woman Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 17
G Black People : Paying Close attention to the Company we keep within & who we allow in ourSPACE. Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Law Forum : This Justice System - How Long Will We Allow This? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Is God so cruel to allow animal birth to souls? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
R Black People : U.S. to allow AIDS lawsuit. Black People Open Forum 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Freedom Of Expression Without An Objective To Allow Truth To Prevail, Is Only Flatter Chief Elder Osiris 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Limits We Allow To Be Placed Upon Our Soul By Others Chief Elder Osiris 0
Therious Black People : BEHEADINGS,,,WOULD U ALLOW IT? Black People Open Forum 45
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Allow me to touch pt.II Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Allow me to.....May I... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Allow me to touch Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
D Black People : Bush will "allow" Condoleeza Rice to testify Black People Open Forum 13
J Black Poetry : pain, allow her Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
M Black Poetry : Allow Me..... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Black Poetry : Would you allow me... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
S Black Poetry : Allow me to Introduce Myself....I'm just a servant Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Destee Black Poetry : A Tribute To Bishop ... Please Allow Me Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Allow Me! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
B Black People : IF YOU DON'T ASK/DEMAND, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE... Black People Open Forum 2
R Black Poetry : psychiatrist is an intense profession he ask lots of expensive question that a spouse at the house asks for free thats his line of work now see a gir Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
SkinTone The Front Porch : Ask me about KPI The Front Porch 4
R Black Poetry : He's hood made and get good grades wrote a girl a short letter with all sorts of clever love words ask for a date the task was great but he wanna smas Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
dattaswami1 Black Spirituality Religion : Why did Judas not ask Jesus for forgiveness for betraying Him, instead of committing suicide? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Jil The Front Porch : Hello Everyone! I have a favor to ask. The Front Porch 15
P Black Men : How to activate avg internet security?? Ask us 1800 828 0294 Black Men 1
nilevalley Black People : A white man who wrote and ask blacks not to trust his race a honest one at last! Black People Open Forum 4
R Black Poetry : oh no race at a slow pace but no lace time to go face a girl and ask for some, if i end up in a dumb Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Grateful woman gives her stepfather the greatest Christmas gift he could ask for Black People Doing Positive Things 2
Djedefre Black Money Business Jobs : I am a business owner, ask me anything about business or starting your own Black Money Business Jobs 1
chuck Black People Politics : Always Ask: Never Demand! Black People Politics 3
chuck Law Forum : Please Do Ask Them Why Our Lives Matter To Them!! Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0