Nation of Gods and Earths : Allah's Born Day

MessiahBelovedAllah

Feb 19, 2016
Allah was born Clarence Edward Smith on February 22, 1928 he is known for founding the Five-Percent Nation, a group that split from the Nation of Islam (NOI). He was born in Virginia, and moved to New York City as a young man before serving in the United States Army during the Korean War. After returning to New York, he learned that his wife had joined the NOI and followed her, taking the name Clarence 13X. He served in the group as a security officer, martial arts instructor, and student minister before leaving for an unclear reason in 1963. Some say it was because of his gambling, which was condemned by the NOI, some say it was because he disagreed with the NOI's teachings that Wallace Fard Muhammad was a divine messenger.

After leaving the NOI, Allah formed a new group with other former members. He concluded that all black men were divine. He rejected the belief in an invisible God, teaching that God could be found within each black man. In his view, women were "earths" that complemented and nurtured men; he believed that they should be submissive to men. He and a few assistants retained some NOI teachings and pioneered novel interpretations of them. They devised teachings about the meaning of letters and numerals: understanding the meaning of each letter and number was said to provide deep truths about God and the universe. Allah referred to his new movement as the Five Percenters, referencing a NOI teaching that only five percent of the population knew and promoted the truth about God. One way that he distinguished his group from his previous faith was by rejecting dress codes or strict behavioral guidelines.

Allah was shot by an unknown assailant in 1964 but survived the attack. After an incident several months later in which he and several of his followers vandalized stores and fought with police, he was arrested and placed in psychiatric care. He was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He referred to himself as Allah, which had become his preferred name. He was released from custody after a 1966 ruling by the Supreme Court placed limits on confinement without trial. He taught to cooperate with white city leaders. They gave him funding for a night school, and in return, he tried to prevent violence in Harlem. Allah was fatally shot in June 1969; the identity of his killer is unknown. The mayor of New York City and several other prominent leaders expressed condolences to his followers. The group took a non-hierarchical approach to leadership, and no single leader replaced Allah. He has been held in high regard by Five Percenters, who celebrate his birthday as a holiday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
imhotep06 Black Spirituality Religion : Ra "the sun-god" is not Allah! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: Building with the God Jahmega Allah Black People Politics 0
macoo Black Muslims : Month of Return to Allah Islam Study Group 21
V Black Spirituality Religion : THE RETURN OF ALLAH Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
E Black Spirituality Religion : The Expected Messiah in Islam (Prophet Muhammad NOT last Man of Allah.) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
E Black Spirituality Religion : The hadith say that Allah Dwells in Man Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
noor100 Black Muslims : Where is Allah Islam Study Group 8
noor100 Black Muslims : 'Tawakkul' [Trust] in Allah and Human Efforts Islam Study Group 0
noor100 Black Muslims : On Allah's Greatness Islam Study Group 6
I Black Entertainment : Pharoah Sanders - Hum-Allah-Hum-Allah-Hum-Allah Black Entertainment 5
noor100 Black Muslims : The Oneness of Allah Islam Study Group 0
noor100 Black Muslims : On Allah's Greatness... Islam Study Group 4
Precise Allah Nation of Gods and Earths : What you always wanted to know about Allah's Nation but were too afraid to ask. Nation of Gods and Earths Study Group 231
I Black Entertainment : Jus'Allah - Divide And Conquer Black Entertainment 1
Precise Allah Nation of Gods and Earths : Hip Hop inspired by Allah's Nation Nation of Gods and Earths Study Group 33
D Black Spirituality Religion : Did The Gods Names Yahew and Allah come from Kemet? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
N Black Muslims : Allah: The All, Understanding the Three Pronouns of Al Qur'an Islam Study Group 1
K Black Spirituality Religion : ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY IS ALREADY ON EARTH!!!!! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Sha'iyn Black Poetry : boy to man to prince to king to god to allah to the most high and back Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
D Pan Africanism : Royal 'Allah' vs Hadzabe 'Hine' vs Western Media 'God' African American History Culture 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : ALLAH THOUGHT A STORY Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
OmowaleX Black Spirituality Religion : THE SWORD OF ALLAH Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
ASHANTA Black Poetry : The name is ALLAH, ADon, ELOHIM, JEHOVAH, JAH, EL, ELOAH, SHADDAI, Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
P Black Spirituality Religion : This is why Allah turned His back on the Arab World.... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
I Black Spirituality Religion : Who Yahweh / Yahuwa / Allah / God Is Responsible ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : worshipers of Allah Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 16
I Black Spirituality Religion : What Is The Relationship Between El , Yahuwa , Eloheem , Allah And Amun - Re Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
P Black Spirituality Religion : Did Prophet Mohammed really receive the Quran from Allah? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 27
P Black Spirituality Religion : Jesus Spoke on the Unity of Allah and Man to the Hindus Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 23
I Black Spirituality Religion : Where In The Quran Does Allah Command Muslims To Worship Wall's ? Aqil Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 24
I Black Spirituality Religion : Ques ; For Orthodox Sunni Muslims Is Allah Insecure About Other Gods ?? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Viola Davis Just Bought the Former Plantation Where She Was Born African American History Culture 1
C Black Poetry : Born Dead We Are Today!!! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : never bother the scorn, father was born far away he's in the car today flow for fun hair glow in the sun he know no one can challenge this he's Ame Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul Black People : 'AFRICAN BORN AGAIN' White art director gets grant intended for ‘people of colour’ Black People Open Forum 1
OldSoul Africa : 'A New Africa has to be Born' - Samia Nkrumah, Daughter of Kwame Nkrumah All Things Africa 1
R Black Poetry : born in the gully but fly and a lullaby lullaby is a song for a baby // let me take you home get g Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : born in the gully but fly and a lullaby is a song for a baby so boo let me take you home get gravy y Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
T Black Muslims : Satans' attack on The Born Identity of a Soul Islam Study Group 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : a rapper is shot a martyr is born Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: never bother the scorn, father was born far away I'm in the car today Americanize and fight Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : never bother the scorn, father was born far away I'm in the car today Americanize and fight this cha Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Condoleezza Rice says America was born with a birth defect: slavery African American History Culture 4
B Black Astrology : What does it mean to be born on the 29th of the month? Black Astrology 1
Al D Black People : Great Leaders Aren’t Born – They’re Made. And Africa is Showing us How Black People Open Forum 2
HODEE Black Entertainment : Chaka Khan (born Yvette Marie Stevens; March 23, 1953) Black Entertainment 1
MessiahBelovedAllah Nation of Gods and Earths : Todays supreme mathematics Knowledge Born Nation of Gods and Earths Study Group 1
Liberty Black Relationships : So…Who’s Fault is It? 92% of Biracial Children Born to Black Fathers Out of Wedlock; 82% on Welfare. Black Relationships 36
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : why Jesus had to be born on December 25 AACOOLDRE 0
Miss Priss Black Relationships : Born this way? Black Relationships 249