Science and Technology : All computers are flawed -- and the fix will take years

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
All computers are flawed -- and the fix will take years

All the world's computers are flawed, and companies are fumbling with fixes. It will take years until the issue is fully sorted out.

In the three weeks since researchers revealed major flaws in virtually every computer processors, issuing patches has not gone smoothly.

"It's been a bit of a disaster," said Ellison Anne Williams, founder and CEO of security firm Enveil. "The problem happens in the memory of the computer. Anytime you start messing with memory, things can go wrong very quickly. Some of the patches coming out do unexpected things. It takes a long time to see how things are going."

1. All computers are flawed -- and the fix will take years - Jan. 26, 2018
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/26/technology/intel-chip-flaws-response-future-bugs/index.html - 97k - Cached - Similar pages
    1 day ago ... All the world's computers are flawed, and companies are fumbling with fixes. ... Anytime you start messing with memory, things can go wrong very quickly. ... to be protected and isolated, but researchers discovered that in some cases, the information can be exposed while the processor queues it up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Destee Science and Technology : Meltdown and Spectre - Bugs in modern computers leak passwords and sensitive data. Science and Technology 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Computers - Software Hardware : People Shocked At The Real Reason Behind Slow Computers… Science and Technology 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : NSA carves pathway into international computers: Black People Open Forum 0
river Black People : Computers, Information Overload and Multitaking: A Dangerous Mix Black People Open Forum 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Cory Doctorow - Computers as potentially your greatest ally and your worst traitor Science and Technology 8
BlackSunlight Computers - Software Hardware : Dell Computers - Rock Bottom Science and Technology 17
Keita Kenyatta Black Jokes Humor : Five Reasons Computers Are Female Black Jokes Humor 5
Destee Science and Technology : FBI says at least one million computers infected by 'botnets' Science and Technology 3
Destee Black People : Coming soon - mind-reading computers Black People Open Forum 3
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : Why are computers like air conditioners? Science and Technology 2
C Black Jokes Humor : Before There Were Computers.... Black Jokes Humor 6
G Science and Technology : Technology, Computers Science and Technology 6
MsInterpret Violaters / Violations : THE IGNORE FEATURE IS FLAWED Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 27
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Russia's Putin calls UN resolution on Libya "flawed" Omowale Jabali 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : MR. COSBY AND DR. PUISSANT ANALYZING, IS FLAWED CONCERNING OUR CHILDREN Chief Elder Osiris 0
R Black Poetry : He tried to fix his luck because he's mixed up and confuse been used like soap in a bathtub this is not a the path of love you can do the math in a cl Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Mali-Man Black People Politics : Let's Fix Our House First! Black People Politics 15
HODEE Black People : Ventilator Supplier _ In New York _ They Could Fix the Incomplete Ones Sent to New York By the Government Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : confused mean mixed up use knowledge to fix a corrupt situation so Twix me a cup of coffee and some toast bread I really hate to boast about what I sa Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Have to fix his luck he's mixed up and confused may lose his girl in the drop top cruise he post th Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : for him time to amuse but confused and mixed up had to fix his luck, style old like wild mold,growth Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : How To Fix Your Fatigue And Get More Energy Black Health and Wellness 2
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: DL HUGHLEY: THE REASON ATHLETES AND CELEBRITIES CANT FIX THE BLACK COMMUNITY Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
R Black Poetry : Feast on grocery while writing a piece of poetry bitter pure Literature my mixed rhymes fix minds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Nigeria : Africa's Richest Man Will Fix Nigeria's Chronic Fuel Crisis Nigeria 8
IFE Black People : Atlanta - "Big solution" force buyouts or fix sewer system Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR The Police : Blue Is the New White: Why Diversity Doesn’t Fix Policing Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Alarm Clock Black People : Food Fix: US corporations fuel obesity with addictive ingredients Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Haiku : Jazz Fix Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
HODEE Black People : They always get the FIX.. Reparations too! Black People Open Forum 0
G Black Poetry : MY HOT CHOCOLATE FIX Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
howardtsu Black Poetry : Easy to Fix Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
anAfrican Black People : Fix'n OUR Black Family/Community Black People Open Forum 3
L Audio Video Web Conferencing : What is AOL or OAL i try to fix this tecnical problem myself Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
1poetsought Black Poetry : Love Fix Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
J Black Poetry : Fix Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
HODEE Black Poetry : When news break, we fix it! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
1poetsought Black Poetry : Fix-It Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
A Black Poetry : Fix Me A Samich Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10