destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Albinos in South Africa

Sister Purple and Everyone ... :) ... this is a video documenting the lives of some Albinos in South Africa. They talk about their plight, being white, amongst so many Blacks. It's young people for the most part, and they talk about how their Fathers disowned them, upon birth. The Mothers mention that they were accused of sleeping with white men, because their child was born white.

It's an interesting view into a seldom seen phenomena.

:heart:

Destee

ps ... ohhhh ... it can't be embedded. You've got to go to http://youtube.com/watch?v=cEtl91408eM ... to view this one.

Zulile

Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance
Yes, many albino's in SA. Due to the tropical conditions and lack of protection they often dont live up to the average life expectancy. Interestingly, most of the albino women I have seen are... nun's. Makes me wonder if they were dropped off there at birth as orphanages and such are most often run by missionaries.

Interesting story, Destee :heart:

Thanks.

as an aside:

I'm sure there are more white albino's that folks are aware of.. this girls home page..

http://www.knowlton.clara.net/family/Albinism/Photo_mon.htm

If she didnt dedicate it to the disease, I would have never known that most of the pics are of white albino's.

Peril

Sep 12, 2007
Not only was the video very sad but so were the comments. It saddens me to see so many people who choose to be irrational on instances that one can have no control over such as being born an albino.

Goddess Auset333

Banned
Feb 9, 2007
Beloved One:

This is truly a sickness among our people to Shun this Divine sister.

It is my desire to hug on her and show her Loving that surpasses my own over standing.

We have some sick, sick, sick people (leprosy mind-set) to do this to her, and when we shun each other who are not Albinos, the sickness continues, and we wonder why others hate the black Afrikan race. We who are not conscious, do not desire to be conscious, operates in SIN - Self Inflicted Nonsense, injecting the drug Disease call Ignorance.

I looked at all those people on that bus, and I saw straight through them and the ugly junk inside of them. They do not have no home training, and that Home training is the Mind-Home training. Seeing through people makes one desire to VOMIT.

Maybe those who shun her need a dosage of their own medicine. Send them to Jena so they can feels what is like to do what they do to others.

:getout: will somebody or something please close and kick :getout: the ignorance door down:getout: in the mind-set of our people.

If this young sister, was to become filthy rich, these same people will be willing to wash her feet with their tears and dry her feet with their hair. We will not only see what a difference a day makes. we will see a difference in what money can make. I do not desire no one to be around me if I have to pay them to be with me.

Divine Ancestors please allow this sister to be come so rich (monetarily) that she will be able to buy the whole Afrikan Continent.

When Justice is within us, perhaps others will show Justice towards us.

I hate what is called evil with a passion like a rottweiler chewing on a bone.

In the Seas/Oceans of destruction, when we do not know our Divine Reality we contribute to our own destruction. (Auset)

:qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018:

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
That was an emotionally moving video.

My heart ached for her pain.

Ignorance is not bliss when it hurts us.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A African American History Culture : caucasians are descendants of Albinos in Asia African American History Culture 1
Omowale Jabali Tanzania : Tanzanian Albinos Targeted for their Body Parts Tanzania 0
M Black Spirituality Religion : Caucasian Albinos Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 133
P Black People : White people and albinos of color... Black People Open Forum 74
OldSoul Black People : Blacks Without Borders: Chasing the American Dream in South Africa Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul Black People : QUEEN SONO Official Trailer (2020) South African crime drama web television series Black People Open Forum 0
blazejay Black People Politics : South Florida is worse for blacks Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : 2 billion-year-old water in South Africa may hold answers to Mars mysteries Science and Technology 0
blazejay Black People : A boiling pot in the South Black People Open Forum 2
Al D Black People : Hip Hop in South Africa Black People Open Forum 0
Al D Black People : Xenophobia in South Africa Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Battle Brews to Dump Jim Crow-Era Voting Rules in Deep South Mississippi Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : How the South Won the Civil War African American History Culture 1
Mike Black People : Can Hispanics/South Americans say "*****"? Black People Open Forum 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : South Africa's ex-president just signed a record deal Black Entertainment 0
Perfection South Sudan : In Context Series: The New Electoral Law in South Sudan South Sudan 0
Perfection South Africa : In Context Series: South Africa's Land Reform Crisis: Eliminating the Legacy of Apartheid South Africa 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: More than Country Rap: Hip Hop’s Impact on the Post-Civil Rights American South Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr South Sudan : At scene of South Sudan mass rape, 'no one could hear me' South Sudan 0
Perfection Lesotho : In Context Series: Lesotho and the New South Africa: The Question of Incorporation Lesotho 0
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ Black Women Journalists in the South, 1880-1905 Black Women 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ Aunt Jemima Explained--Old South, Absent Mistress, and the Slave in a Box Black People Politics 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ↢Omnipresent ₳fricans Research↣ Belief and Identity among African Indians of Karnataka, South India Black People Politics 0
Destee South Africa : Nike stores closed in South Africa amid outcry over racist web video post South Africa 0
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South African photographer of iconic protest image dies South Africa 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : The internet is obsessed with these South Sudanese beauties Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
chuck Africa : What are your thoughts about the ongoing health crisis in South Sudan? All Things Africa 1
chuck Africa : What are your thoughts about the ongoing crisis of Africans in South Sudan? All Things Africa 3
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South Africa’s Zuma May Have Finally Met The Scandal That Brings Him Down South Africa 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Dirty South: blacks owned Blacks too? AACOOLDRE 9
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Outlaw: Silk and Mink from South Korea Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South Africa mourns the death of Ontlametse Phalatse South Africa 0
jamesfrmphilly African American History Culture : chicago-south-side 1941.... African American History Culture 6
Destee South Africa : South Africa's New Minimum Wage - $1.60 an hour South Africa 0
Destee South Africa : South Africa to Become First African Country to Legalise Cannabis South Africa 0
Destee South Africa : Pretoria: Xenophobia has risen in South Africa as foreigners are blamed for high unemployment South Africa 1
Destee South Africa : Johannesburg - largest city in South Africa South Africa 4
Destee South Africa : Durban - largest city in the South African province of KwaZulu-Natal. South Africa 0
Destee South Africa : Cape Town - coastal city in South Africa South Africa 0
sekou kasimu Black People : "Hair Racism" in South Afrika. Black People Open Forum 0
chuck South Africa : What Are You Feeling About Black Politics In South Africa Today? South Africa 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Armed clash over black mosque triggers anger in South Dallas Black People Politics 13
Black Travelers Network South Africa : 2017 South Africa- Details & Payment Plan Coming Soon South Africa 0
jamesfrmphilly African Traditional Religion : west-african-village-in-south-carolina African Traditional Religion Study Group 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Hillary Clinton wins South Carolina as Bernie Sanders flops with black voters Black People Politics 7
IFE Black People : cellphones show South Carolina cop flipping girl out of seat, throwing her on ground Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : South Carolina Rainfall Is Worst In A Thousand Years, Gov. Haley Says Science and Technology 3
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South Africa's new human ancestor sparks race row South Africa 0
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : South African black doll breaks the mould in high style South Africa 5
Black Phoenix South Africa : Black Excellence: Black Women Speak Candidly About Sex In A New South African Web Series South Africa 1