Black People Politics : Alabama Is Making It Impossible for Blacks to Get Voter IDs

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
They aren't just making it hard for Black people... They are making it hard for everyone. I wonder what their motivation is for this foolishness....

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
I think it's being done to cut down on the number of voters in typically democratic counties. Also, to force potential voters to register at the Voter Registration Office or by mail. Voters need to become more vigilant.

We live in a republican area. Obvious by the candidate poster in their yards.
My spouse had lost his Voter ID card and missed a local vote. He received a letter in the mail within a two week period questioning if he still lived in the district and to re register. Which he did. He received a new card within two weeks. We are not republicans. I choose to think it's where we live.
Strange.

I was shocked to know where I lived when I saw signs for Sarah Palin and John McCain and next mitt Romney. I wanted to move. It was scary. I looked up the profile of the area and learned its 15% Black on one side and less on the other side. (Metro Atlanta is broke up like a puzzle). Any where you live in Atlanta you will see Blacks.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Good points, thanks.

I think it's being done to cut down on the number of voters in typically democratic counties. Also, to force potential voters to register at the Voter Registration Office or by mail. Voters need to become more vigilant.

We live in a republican area. Obvious by the candidate poster in their yards.
My spouse had lost his Voter ID card and missed a local vote. He received a letter in the mail within a two week period questioning if he still lived in the district and to re register. Which he did. He received a new card within two weeks. We are not republicans. I choose to think it's where we live.
Strange.

I was shocked to know where I lived when I saw signs for Sarah Palin and John McCain and next mitt Romney. I wanted to move. It was scary. I looked up the profile of the area and learned its 15% Black on one side and less on the other side. (Metro Atlanta is broke up like a puzzle). Any where you live in Atlanta you will see Blacks.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: