Black People Politics : Al Sharpton: how deep is the con?

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
By Jon Rappoport
April 8, 2014
http://www.nomorefakenews.com
Here’s the current breaking Al Sharpton story—From April 7, The Smoking Gun:

“The former mob snitch [Sharpton] has become a regular in the White House, where he has met with the 44th president in the East Room, the Roosevelt Room, and the Oval Office. He has also attended Obama Christmas parties, speeches, policy announcements, and even watched a Super Bowl with the First Family…

“His [Sharpton's] former confederates were a decidedly dicier lot: ex-convicts, extortionists, heroin traffickers, and mob henchmen. The man’s [Sharpton's] surreptitious recordings, FBI records show, aided his government handlers in the successful targeting of powerful Mafia figures with nicknames like Benny Eggs, Chin, Fritzy, Corky, and Baldy Dom…

“In fact, by any measure, Sharpton himself was a Mafia ‘associate,’ the law enforcement designation given to mob affiliates who, while not initiated, work with and for crime family members.”

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/investigation/al-sharpton-764312

But let’s travel back to 2004. Reporter Doug Ireland, who has written for The Nation, TomPaine.com, In These Times, and LA Weekly, went deeper in evaluating Sharpton’s motives and allies.

From here to the end of this article, I’m quoting Ireland, from his February 21, 2004, article, “Rev. Al Sharpton: FBI Informant-Roger Stone’s B it ch,” originally published in LA Weekly and at webstonne.com, and then Conspiracy Planet:

In his 2003 autobiography, Al on America, the Rev. Alfred Charles Sharpton Jr. admits, “I have been guilty of letting ungodly things around me.”

And that was never more true than with the latest [2004] revelations about Sharpton, who has now been exposed as a cat’s-paw for the National Republican Party.

Rev. Al has a long and sordid history of posing as the champion of the have-nots, while renting himself out to the greedy have-everythings, which predates his ’04 GOP-funded presidential campaign. In 1986, he endorsed N.Y. Senator Al D’Amato for re-election — although D’Amato, a conservative Republican pit bull, was anathema to more issues-attuned black leaders.

In 1994, he helped dampen down the black vote for [Democrat] Governor Mario Cuomo by making a media-hyped appearance with successful conservative Republican candidate George Pataki just days before the election. In the 2001 New York mayoral campaign, he connived with GOP billionaire Michael Bloomberg in the defeat of the Democratic candidate, Mark Green.

But Sharpton has not limited himself simply to supporting candidates considered by most to be inimical to the interests of the impoverished black community.

Read more: http://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/al-sharpton-how-deep-is-the-con/

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
Sleeping With the GOP
A Bush Covert Operative Takes Over Al Sharpton's Campaign

By Wayne Barrett with special reporting by Adam Hutton and Christine LagorioTuesday, Jan 27 2004

Roger Stone, the longtime Republican dirty-tricks operative who led the mob
that shut down the Miami-Dade County recount and helped make George W.
Bush president in 2000, is financing, staffing, and orchestrating the
presidential campaign of Reverend Al Sharpton.

Though Stone and Sharpton have tried to reduce their alliance to a curiosity,
suggesting that all they do is talk occasionally, a Voice investigation has
documented an extraordinary array of connections. Stone played a pivotal role
in putting together Sharpton's pending application for federal matching funds,
getting dollars in critical states from family members and political allies at odds
with everything Sharpton represents. He's also helped stack the campaign with
a half-dozen incongruous top aides who've worked for him in prior campaigns.
He's even boasted about engineering six-figure loans to Sharpton's National
Action Network (NAN) and allowing Sharpton to use his credit card to cover
thousands in NAN costs—neither of which he could legally do for the campaign.
In a wide-ranging Voice interview Sunday, Stone confirmed his matching-fund
and staffing roles, but refused to comment on the NAN subsidies.

Sharpton denounced the Voice's inquiries as "phony liberal paternalism,"
insisting that he'd "talk to anyone I want" and likening his use of Stone to Bill
Clinton's reliance on pollster Dick Morris, saying he was "sick of these racist
double standards." He did not dispute that Stone had helped generate matching
contributions and staff the campaign. Asked about the Stone loans, he conceded
that he "asked him to help NAN," but attributed the financial aid to his and
Stone's joint "fight against the Rockefeller drug laws," adding: "If he did let me
use his credit card to cover NAN expenses, fine." The finances of NAN and the
Sharpton campaign have so merged in recent months that they have shared
everything from contractors to consultants to travel expenses, though Sharpton
insists that these questionable maneuvers have been done in compliance with
Federal Election Commission regulations.

Stone's Miami-based Fairbanks Limited also set up an e-mail service called
Sharpton-at-the-beach, which has issued dozens of releases highlighting
campaign achievements before news of them was posted on the campaign
website. His impact on strategy even included giving Sharpton the ax handle he
wielded at the July NAACP convention, which Sharpton used as a symbol of
former Georgia Democratic governor Lester Maddox, who became famous in
the '60s by chasing blacks from his restaurant with one. Sharpton stirred the
crowd, yelling from the podium: "Anytime we can give a party 92 percent of our
vote and have to still beg some people to come talk to us, there is still an
ax-handle mentality among some in the Democratic Party." Sharpton said he
doesn't remember whether Stone gave him the ax handle. Stone declined to
comment, but has boasted to friends that he came up with the theatrics.

Read more: http://www.villagevoice.com/2004-01-27/news/sleeping-with-the-gop/

Last edited:

KingSango

Banned
Aug 18, 2013
It's redundant any and all Boule, all 8 houses and Prince Hall Masons are sell outs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OldSoul Black People : Rev. Al Sharpton full eulogy at Aretha Franklin funeral Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Fox News trying to slam Rev Al Sharpton AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Black People Politics : ‘Fighting Time’—Al Sharpton Rips Donald Trump’s Pick of Jeff Sessions for Attorney General Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : MSNBC Moves Al Sharpton To Sunday Mornings Black People Politics 12
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : sharpton beats lawsuit..... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Al Sharpton and Comcast Come Out on Top in $20 Billion Racial Discrimination Lawsuit Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : comcast and sharpton being sued.......collusion Black Entertainment 212
RAPTOR Black People : Oprah and Sharpton Attack Black Lives Matter Movement Black People Open Forum 3
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Sharpton is being paid thousands of dollars to not cry 'racism' at large corporations, it is claimed Black People Politics 15
sekou kasimu Black People : Rev. Al Sharpton Was An FBI Snitch, Confidential Informer # 7. Black People Open Forum 9
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Law Forum : Al Sharpton's Secret Work As FBI Informant Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 136
Alarm Clock Black People : Al Sharpton defends Jay-Z amid Barneys ‘racism’ Black People Open Forum 20
R Black People : how can this guy accusse al sharpton of taking blood money Black People Open Forum 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : SHARPTON CONVERTS 'POLITICS NATION' TO 'CONVICT ZIMMERMAN SHOW' Black People Politics 2
Amnat77 Black People Politics : AL SHARPTON AND CORNEL WEST GO AT IT OVER OBAMA! Black People Politics 25
D Black People : Rev. Al Sharpton urges Hillary Clinton: Watch what you say Black People Open Forum 6
Destee Black People : FBI, IRS Probe Sharpton's Finances Black People Open Forum 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Who Is Pulling Al Sharpton String ? Chief Elder Osiris 0
S Black People : Is Al Sharpton a hypocrite? Black People Open Forum 26
S Black People : Al Sharpton on African Resilience...[VIDEO] Black People Open Forum 1
D Black People : Civil rights activist Rev. Al Sharpton’s great-grandfather was a slave owned by rela Black People Open Forum 2
Kemetstry Black People : Bishop Jakes slammed by Farrakhan and Sharpton at Parks Funeral Black People Open Forum 67
A Black People : Al Sharpton Redefines Winning... Black People Open Forum 5
Destee Black People : The Problem With Al Sharpton Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People : Sharpton's Bid Aided by an Unlikely Source Black People Open Forum 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : The Al Sharpton Ragtime Band Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
watzinaname Black Entertainment : Al Sharpton is on SNL 2nite Black Entertainment 1
A Black People : Sharpton Encourages Youth, Blacks to Vote... Black People Open Forum 12
A Black People : Sharpton in Shreveport... Black People Open Forum 1
A Black People : SHARPTON RIPS HARLEM RAID... Black People Open Forum 1
A Black People : AL SHARPTON: FRONT-RUNNER?... Black People Open Forum 5
N Black People Politics : President Sharpton... Black People Politics 0
J Black Poetry : You are my beastly lust, body heat from your beauty. A deep feeling of love pierces the psyche and soul, I have an energy dependence on you and your h Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : White Americans’ Hold on Wealth Is Old, Deep, and Nearly Unshakeable Black People Politics 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Battle Brews to Dump Jim Crow-Era Voting Rules in Deep South Mississippi Black People Politics 1
R Black Poetry : Got witty beats for city streets and a committee keeps track of the deep facts flow for fun but no one care or love them even though they above the ri Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Deep Breathing Might Have Benefits We're Only Beginning to Understand Black Health and Wellness 1
R Black Poetry : feel deep pleasure see a girl street treasure write in diary complete ledger her breasts too sweet t Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : feel deep pleasure see a girl street treasure write in diary complete ledger her breasts too sweet t Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : What Deep Breathing Does to Your Body Black Health and Wellness 0
R Black Poetry : He wear cleats around got his feet on the ground like cats at track meets his facts deep with the sp Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Chevron Dove Black Christians : BRAND NEW CLOTH: Deep Message About the NEW MOVEMENTS in the past Christian Study Group 0
R Black Poetry : had strange messes lets exchange addresses keep in touch after a deep search I was afraid of coming Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID: I flirt and my skirt too wet to lift but you can get a sniff Of my deep perfume that I kee Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : 4 Deep: Me, Mann, Sunshine & Quana Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : After 4,600 years, we can finally see deep inside Egypt's mysterious pyramids Egypt 10
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : hubble deep field.... Science and Technology 0
chuck Black People Politics : Big Tree: Deep Roots! Black People Politics 0
anAfrican Internet Technology : Deep Web Browser Security Science and Technology 1
KingSango Internet Technology : The Deep Web. Learn something. Science and Technology 10