Ghana : African Americans Repatriate to Ghana .

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Can you give an example of how confusing spirits from different traditions was a detrimental mistake?
Generally, it is those who are not practitioners who believe that African spirits are the same entities but with different names. Those who are involved with the spirits know that nothing can be further from the truth. Spirits from various traditions may have similar functions or roles but to confuse them is for lack of a better word "a rookie mistake." Confusing them is like an insult and can have dire consequences. There are plenty of horror stories about doing so. Any practitioner will warn against it because you will only be inviting trouble.

My wife is Ghanaian and she needs to follow her ancestral traditions. She can not do this through the orisa. The orisa did not call her. It was the abosom that did.

Spirits with similar functions may have beyond the surface level many of differences. One spirit may eat pigeon and another may not. Treating them the same is like someone treating a person the same way they may treat another person that looks similar. Or someone feeding you chicken because your sibling like chicken even though you may not like chicken.

As a practitioner of 3 African based traditions I have to be mindful to not treat similar spirits in these traditions the same. You do not approach Legba the ssame way you approach Esu. The spirits will even make it known.

KingSango

Banned
Aug 18, 2013
Brother, the slave trade was abolished in 1808. Not going to debate with you on this. Perhaps you need to put your own ego aside. The points you are making in regards to the late 1800s are easily refutable. I will leave that to others and simply ignore this nonsense.

"As a foundation for his thesis, Chambers attempts to trace the history of the enslaved Africans from their points of embarkation in the Bight of Biafra and, more specifically, Calabar to their disembarkation in Virginia. Thus, while part 1 of the study focuses on the Igbo and their culture and society during the era of the transatlantic slave trade, part 2 centers on the experiences of the enslaved in Virginia. The author argues that the emergence and expansion of Aro influence in Igbo region, as the foremost slave merchants, and the demise of Nri hegemony in the north-central Igbo region in the mid-eighteenth century resulted in increased exportation of Igbo people out of the Calabar and the Niger Delta ports. According to the author's calculations, the Igbo accounted for about 1.3 million of the 1.7 million people exported from the Bight of Biafra during the era of the Atlantic slave trade. Out of a total of 37,000 Africans that arrived in Virginia from Calabar in the 1700s, 30,000 were Igbo (p. 23). The significance of this pattern of slave trade between Calabar and Virginia, Chamber argues, is that the increased exportation of enslaved Igbo from their homeland to the Chesapeake region coincided with the expansion of colonial settlement from the Upper Tidewater to the fertile Central Piedmont, an era when the transatlantic trade transformed the region into a slave society that was dominated by the Igbo and their culture."

http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.php?id=12372

Note: the Parish of Orleans was not founded until about 1718.

Just because you quote someone's research doesn't mean it disputes mine. My point is simple and not complex as the ones trying counter it. Such as, is it Yoruba centric to point out the obvious that Yoruba culture and its derivative Fon/Vodun, both dominate the beliefs that are practiced majority amongst African diaspora? Sure there are other African cultures to survive the trans-Atlantic slave trade but they are scarcely found.

Those who practice logic can deem themselves fit to view things in their own way and still make sense. I don't want to argue senselessly, so I will let you guys go on with whatever you believe in. It doesn't affect me in anyway whatsoever if you don't believe in Yoruba civilization but you are missing my point. My point is Yoruba civilization is the most superior and thus deserves a deeper perspective than the others.

Ile Ife goes back 10,000 before the birth of so-called Jesus Christ. There are many Yorubians that are Christian and as well as Muslim. Europeans have come and re-defined the African world not through cultural exchange but cruel subjugation and domination. Today they are saying the Khoisan tribe are the oldest in the world due to DNA studying. But this tribe lacks any of the civilization development of that other tribes like the Yoruba possess and have for a long, long time. How can the Nomad be superior to the settled ones? Those who sleep outside on the ground, hunt and fish for their food and water? Isn't it logical that these nomad tribes isolated by primitiveness and lack of interest in their culture spurn their DNA to be pure and not mixed? Sure
Khoisan would have the oldest DNA because they were isolated, unmixed and didn't build empires like the Yoruba, who the Yoruba not only lived in West Africa but also lived in Egypt and in the MiddleEast as they were explorers and developers of civilization and therefore mixed with other human beings.

That's enough logic for today. Have a good one.

KingSango

Banned
Aug 18, 2013
ok.. I'll take that as a co-signature.

Now.. tell me.. what nation(s) in Southeast Asia have been "lifted into the greatest economy in the world" through money sent home by guest workers/immigrants?

while I'm sure you enjoy the taste of your own foot.. let me answer that for you:
not a single one!

And I'm sick and tired of seeing all of this criticism, regarding the African continent, aimed at African Americans sitting on such faulty/shakey/non-existent platforms.

The both of you need to take a deeper/longer look at Economic systems. The Dollar has not been the adopted all over the world simply because of it's nice design.. it is directly tied to military might.. to power.. not gold.. how much gold did Khadafi have?.. how much gold did Saddam have?.. Economies are secured by Military might.. and until a Military Superpower emerges in Africa, Africa will remain in a state of constant flux.. recognize that.

And for the record.. there are no economic powerhouses in Southeast Asia..
And the country with the largest amount of immigrants in America is the Philippines.. which is ranked number 45 on the world GDP list.. which is a lower rank than South Africa(25), Egypt(26) and Nigeria(30)..

RankWorld RankNationGDP
1 18
Indonesia $706,752
2 30
Thailand $318,908
3 37
Malaysia $237,959
4 39
Singapore $222,699
5 45
Philippines $199,591
6 58
Vietnam $103,574
7 76
Burma $ 45,428
8 116
Brunei $ 12,371
9 121
Cambodia $ 11,629
10 137
Laos $ 6,461
11 176
Timor Leste $ 628

And even if he was really talking about China, South Korea & Japan.. none of those countries has been uplifted by immigrants in America. Both Japan and South Korea are occupied colonies of America.. and China's power has nothing to do with any Chinese American immigrants.

if we are going to talk about these things.. let's be exact.. let's not just throw things out with no support.. we have the whole internet at our disposal..

Your idea that War builds economy is absurd, this is European indoctrination and nothing more. What you're going wait until the European gives up his nuclear bombs, his guns, his navy, his war satellites, his gases, his espionage before you decide to build something for our children? This is what you are advocating? That Africa will not rise until we can kill as much and be as destructive as the European?

The problem is that some of you Negroes like war too much but the war you like to make is against your own people. You don't dare challenge European supremacy, you lie down like a dog in obedience and wait for them to hand you a bone. And when your brethren offer a suggestion for us to get our own bones, you cry, you whine, you attack like the Whiteman's dog, your own kind.

War is evil, war has never spurn great civilization only wisdom has accomplished that. We can do whatever we put our minds to do. As soon as we form a small collective to do just that we will never be successful.

The Asians didn't wait until every Asian was ready to build, Mao used a small force to build, conquer the larger unorganized ones and make all into one cohesive whole, i.e the Communist Party, the White Tiger society. This is why Mao is more respected than Ping, although Ping brought about modernization with factories all over Southeast Asia. Mao wasn't just a warrior, he understood, despite how poor his country was that unity had to be maintained by a small group, the masses are ***** and that's why the Whiteman uses them so effectively against the goals of third world nations including our diaspora. Ping added to what Mao ushered in, wisdom says build better schools, fund them via industry, trade and commerce, galvanize the genius that lies amongst us and we can do exactly what the Asians did without firing a shot.

anAfrican

Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
while being appreciative of the points about questioning "economic power through war"; and can understand the frustration of the regurgitation of that white-brain diseased thinking, we do need to learn to rise above our natural inclination to point out "how stupid you are for your white-brained diseased thinking". yes, i know that's a hard thing to do as well. and, yeah; i can appreciate the "logic" that says that "that's about all the satisfaction i'm gonna get out of this", but we must learn to rise about it.

keep coming with what you're bringing; that's the only way we are gonna rise above where we are. thanks!!

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Just because you quote someone's research doesn't mean it disputes mine. My point is simple and not complex as the ones trying counter it. Such as, is it Yoruba centric to point out the obvious that Yoruba culture and its derivative Fon/Vodun, both dominate the beliefs that are practiced majority amongst African diaspora? Sure there are other African cultures to survive the trans-Atlantic slave trade but they are scarcely found.

Those who practice logic can deem themselves fit to view things in their own way and still make sense. I don't want to argue senselessly, so I will let you guys go on with whatever you believe in. It doesn't affect me in anyway whatsoever if you don't believe in Yoruba civilization but you are missing my point. My point is Yoruba civilization is the most superior and thus deserves a deeper perspective than the others.

Ile Ife goes back 10,000 before the birth of so-called Jesus Christ. There are many Yorubians that are Christian and as well as Muslim. Europeans have come and re-defined the African world not through cultural exchange but cruel subjugation and domination. Today they are saying the Khoisan tribe are the oldest in the world due to DNA studying. But this tribe lacks any of the civilization development of that other tribes like the Yoruba possess and have for a long, long time. How can the Nomad be superior to the settled ones? Those who sleep outside on the ground, hunt and fish for their food and water? Isn't it logical that these nomad tribes isolated by primitiveness and lack of interest in their culture spurn their DNA to be pure and not mixed? Sure
Khoisan would have the oldest DNA because they were isolated, unmixed and didn't build empires like the Yoruba, who the Yoruba not only lived in West Africa but also lived in Egypt and in the MiddleEast as they were explorers and developers of civilization and therefore mixed with other human beings.

That's enough logic for today. Have a good one.
What facts do you have to prove all or any of this? Preferably the whole retelling. If not, it is just conjecture and one person's opinion.

I guess more appropriately can you show the Yoruba cultural retention that were present or are still present among Black folks in the United States to support your claim for an overwhelming Yoruba presence and ancestry among African Americans?

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: