Ghana : African Americans Repatriate to Ghana .

Akanyi Kwesi

Dec 30, 2013
Tarkwa, Ghana
Occupation
Hustler
What is the issue with the Ayigbe people?.
. They are a dreaded Tribe. Once you offend them in anyway, they strike(spiritually) without mercy. To be frank, they are spiritually inclined. My paternal brothers are half Ayigbe.
The Ayigbe's have their ferocious brothers EWE in Togo.

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
. They are a dreaded Tribe. Once you offend them in anyway, they strike(spiritually) without mercy. To be frank, they are spiritually inclined. My paternal brothers are half Ayigbe.
The Ayigbe's have their ferocious brothers EWE in Togo.
A lot of Ghanaians say I look like an Ayigbe person. Which is true because my ancestress was Ewe. I am very spiritually inclined.

Those are some strong words about the people in Volta Region. Is that description historically speaking or does that holds true even today?

I heard some Ghanaians blame them for Ghana's problems like white Americans blame illegal immigrants from Central America and wish that they leave Ghana since they are considered non native Ghanaians even though they have been in Ghana since the 1600's.

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
And thanks for helping to sharpen my blade as well, even though I in no way view us as being diametrically opposed. You're a priest. I'm a scribe and family record keeper. It's basically a difference in funtion. Merci beau coup to you as well.
Absolutely! I don't as diametrically opposed either. It was more of saying regardless of so. We can sometimes get into some lively conversations. But it is good cause its never hate.

True indeed, uncle all have our functions in this life. I don't consider myself a priest, however. I don't even like the term. I just follow what my ancestors and spirits tell me to do or walk the path they lay out for me to the best of my present ability in this life. However, I think we are all priests. We should be priests of our families - making sure the best interests of our families are attended to. The family is the first shrine.

Nonc Omowale, c'est tout! Just a lagniappe. C'est bon! Zhow...

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Absolutely! I don't as diametrically opposed either. It was more of saying regardless of so. We can sometimes get into some lively conversations. But it is good cause its never hate.

True indeed, uncle all have our functions in this life. I don't consider myself a priest, however. I don't even like the term. I just follow what my ancestors and spirits tell me to do or walk the path they lay out for me to the best of my present ability in this life. However, I think we are all priests. We should be priests of our families - making sure the best interests of our families are attended to. The family is the first shrine.

Nonc Omowale, c'est tout! Just a lagniappe. C'est bon! Zhow...
I'm sorry if I have erred in interpretation but I thought you have, over the years, referred as a babalawo. To be clear, I am a teacher and family historian/scribe. I know there are precolonial Afrikan societies which had age grade systems with clearly defined roles. The Elders raised me to keep the family record alive. I was not raised to serve as a priest even though in many ways I serve as similar function. I tend to defer that role to my Aunts and Uncles.

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
I'm sorry if I have erred in interpretation but I thought you have, over the years, referred as a babalawo. To be clear, I am a teacher and family historian/scribe. I know there are precolonial Afrikan societies which had age grade systems with clearly defined roles. The Elders raised me to keep the family record alive. I was not raised to serve as a priest even though in many ways I serve as similar function. I tend to defer that role to my Aunts and Uncles.
Nonc,

I am a priest in both Vodou and Mayombe (houngan sou pwen and tata nkisi, respectively). I only have my elekes, warriors and hand of Ifa in the Yoruba based tradition. I am by no means a babalawo and I don't think I ever want to be one. Even if I am called too. ;) Lol.

My priesthood levels are that of a junior priest in the other two. I work mainly for myself and my family. I can do work and consultations for others. I tried some years ago but it was too time consuming so I decided to stop doing it. So I am strictly working with my spirits for my quality of life needs. That's why I said I don't consider myself a priest except for my own family.

I know I am really completely off the topic of this thread now but I want to clarify something to about priests. I know a lot of independent thinking people don't feel the need to go to one or view them with skepticism like some form of African spiritual elitist caste designed to spiritually oppressed, abuse and manipulate others so I want to shed light on what priest are and what they do.

Priests are not suppose to be authoritarian figures where "sleep" are expected to follow their every word like some guru. A priest is there to assist others who may be experiencing problems of a spiritual nature. They are servants of the communities they live in. They are supposedly trained professionals with a deeper knowledge of the spirit world and have the ability to access and work with various spirits on a more specialized level than those that are not priests.

Priests are like medical doctors or lawyers in every day life. Doctors and lawyers are individuals who supposedly have a greater education and understanding of the workings of their respective professions. There are medical and legal matters that laypersons can handle without consulting a doctor or lawyer; however, there are a host of more complex things laypersons can not handle without consultation and that requires a deeper understanding of. This is what a priest does - he or she functions in ssociety to members of that society re-achieve balance and prosper. That is not to say that people have no spirits themselves or can not do for themselves spiritually.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
? In the previous post you stated, "I don't consider myself a priest", but then you say you are. No big deal, but at times it makes it extremely difficult following your posts. I know what the functions of a priest are, which is why I state that I Ann not one. I served a under a different apprenticeship which was related to engineering. I was then called to teach, and trained to keep the family record. My function is not to heal or restore balance to human society. I leave that functions to others who choose or are chosen along that path. I don't even lead prayer. I have had the wrong "prayer warriors" lay hands on me to the point of almost sucking the life force out of me. My purpose is to restore and maintain balance within myself, and to teach others the same. I'm gonna leave it at that.

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
? In the previous post you stated, "I don't consider myself a priest", but then you say you are. No big deal, but at times it makes it extremely difficult following your posts. I know what the functions of a priest are, which is why I state that I Ann not one. I served a under a different apprenticeship which was related to engineering. I was then called to teach, and trained to keep the family record. My function is not to heal or restore balance to human society. I leave that functions to others who choose or are chosen along that path. I don't even lead prayer. I have had the wrong "prayer warriors" lay hands on me to the point of almost sucking the life force out of me. My purpose is to restore and maintain balance within myself, and to teach others the same. I'm gonna leave it at that.
Nonc,

I don't see what's confusing. I said I don't consider myself a priest. I never said I wasn't a priest. I also said that I really don't like the term priest because people usually get bent all out of shape with that word. What I consider myself is just a humble young Black man from Louisiana that is just trying to live life and make a contribution the best way I can.

My apologies for including the piece about priests in my response to you. It wasn't addressed to you in particular but to anyone reading that post and confused about priests and their. It was more of spur of the moment flow than an attempt to educate you on priest. I will be more mindful in the future and separate my responses directly to you and my going on a tangents into 2 separate posts.

In addition, I attempt my best in creating a more readable and easy to follow post.

Charles IKS

Mar 27, 2010
No younger brother, I have not been. My ancestors were not from Ghana or the Akan socioethnic cluster. The abosom do not recognize me. My wife has and will be going to Ghana in the upcoming months to fulfill her ancestral and spiritual obligations.
Did you ask your wife about the sacred waters that tell you where you are from?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: