Ghana : African Americans Repatriate to Ghana .

Akanyi Kwesi

Reaction score
No younger brother, I have not been. My ancestors were not from Ghana or the Akan socioethnic cluster. The abosom do not recognize me. My wife has and will be going to Ghana in the upcoming months to fulfill her ancestral and spiritual obligations.
No younger brother, I have not been. My ancestors were not from Ghana or the Akan socioethnic cluster. The abosom do not recognize me. My wife has and will be going to Ghana in the upcoming months to fulfill her ancestral and spiritual obligations.
No younger brother, I have not been.. The abosom do not recognize me.
Pitty brother! Do the Abosom recognise your children ?

Blackbird

Reaction score
Pitty brother! Do the Abosom recognise your children ?
No pity for me because the abosom are not in my blood. The trosi recognize me. Yes, the abosom recognize my children. However, the trosi recognize my oldest daughter. They are always visiting her.

Actually my ancestors and my wife's ancestors did not want us to marry. They fought amongst each other. We started having martial problems because they didn't approve our union. We had to appease them. We are better but still have conflict occasionally. There are still things we have to do for her nana nsamanfo and my kuvito.

Akanyi Kwesi

Reaction score
Nope. I just picked up a few words here and there through casual conversation. My wife is native Ghanaian but left Ghana when she was 8 years old. Her mom is Fante from Cape Coast and her dad is Senyah. She understands the language but lost the ability to speak it since being in the States because her parents didn't speak it in the household.
. Since ur wife is a Fante, that makes you my Akonta[brother-in-law]. Am also a Fante, from Mankessim.

Akanyi Kwesi

Reaction score
No pity for me because the abosom are not in my blood. The trosi recognize me. Yes, the abosom recognize my children. However, the trosi recognize my oldest daughter. They are always visiting her.

Actually my ancestors and my wife's ancestors did not want us to marry. They fought amongst each other. We started having martial problems because they didn't approve our union. We had to appease them. We are better but still have conflict occasionally. There are still things we have to do for her nana nsamanfo and my kuvito.
. Sorry for opening up ur scar.

Just fos the knowing, which is ur root?

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Reaction score
Absolutely! Uncle, let it be known that I never consider our discussions, no matter how diametrically opposed we may be at the time. Whether we disagree or not, I am always learning from you and you give me either confirmation or things to chew on and consider. Thank you for being that rock that keeps this young blade sharpened. Merci beaucoup!
And thanks for helping to sharpen my blade as well, even though I in no way view us as being diametrically opposed. You're a priest. I'm a scribe and family record keeper. It's basically a difference in funtion. Merci beau coup to you as well.