Black Entertainment : Afeni Shakur’s husband wants some of Tupac’s money in divorce settlement

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Afeni Shakur, mother of Tupac Shakur, is getting divorced, and her husband wants a piece of Tupac’s financial pie as part of the divorce.

Gust Davis, her husband of 12 years, wants to continue living in their 50 acre North Carolina ranch. He also wants to keep the houseboats and his Jag.

Davis is also asking for alimony, pointing to the $20,000 per month after expenses that Afeni receives from Tupac. He wants to see
$10,000 of that money every month for the rest o f his life.

Read more

http://thegrio.com/2016/03/18/tupac-mom-afeni-shakur-husband-divorce/

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
PREMIUM MEMBER
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
Afeni Shakur, mother of Tupac Shakur, is getting divorced, and her husband wants a piece of Tupac’s financial pie as part of the divorce.

Gust Davis, her husband of 12 years, wants to continue living in their 50 acre North Carolina ranch. He also wants to keep the houseboats and his Jag.

Davis is also asking for alimony, pointing to the $20,000 per month after expenses that Afeni receives from Tupac. He wants to see
$10,000 of that money every month for the rest o f his life.

Read more

http://thegrio.com/2016/03/18/tupac-mom-afeni-shakur-husband-divorce/

Lest we forget! Tupac was an admitted crack dealer, who was convicted of sexually assaulting an Afrikan woman!!! So he had talent, a lot of psychos do! Evidently the x is not Tupac's biological father. Unless he adopted Tupac I doubt if he could win in court.

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
Why are you surprised? When folks divorce... unless they sign a prenup, they are entitled to some of their ex's money. Doesn't matter where the money came from.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Why are you surprised? When folks divorce... unless they sign a prenup, they are entitled to some of their ex's money. Doesn't matter where the money came from.

I think Afeni lived in Cali, a Community Property State. If so, these are the rules that apply:

Community Property States
If you live in a community property state, the rules are more complicated. But in general:

• spouses own equally almost all property either one acquires during the marriage, regardless of whose name the property is in
  • half of each spouse's income is owned by the other spouse during the marriage, and
  • debts incurred during marriage are generally debts of the couple.
In community property states, the following is separate property:

• gifts given to one spouse
  • property either spouse owned before the marriage and kept separate during the marriage, and
  • inheritances.

Read more

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/separate-community-property-during-marriage-29921.html

But, I do think monies that are "co-mingled" become community property, no matter how they were obtained. JMO

Last edited:

Bootzey

Feb 26, 2008
Metro ATL
Occupation
Don't Ask
He could argue that he got used to the lifestyle that her money afforded them as a couple and he shouldn't have to lose said lifestyle.

I think the issue here is, folks feel some kind of way about the husband getting money from his wife....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jamesfrmphilly Black Ancestors : Afeni Shakur - Mother of hip-hop legend Tupac, dead at 69 Honoring Black Ancestors 3
KWABENA Black Entertainment : EMINEM & AFENI SHAKUR PRODUCING 2PAC ALBUM Black Entertainment 40
OldSoul Black People : Assata Shakur and the Long War on Black Liberation Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : North Carolina court writes Assata Shakur $15G check as land deal compensation Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Poetry : ESPN Publishes Poetry Tribute To Asatta Shakur Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul OldSoul : A Professional Revolutionary - Zayd Malik Shakur OldSoul 0
S Black People : Cubans to open talks about US fugitives including Assata Shakur as ties warm Black People Open Forum 1
S Black People : What will the normalization of relations with Cuba mean for Assatta Shakur? Black People Open Forum 0
KPITRL Black People Politics : Cuba refused deal to swap Assata Shakur for 5 spies, report says Black People Politics 1
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : Will Cuba give up Assata Shakur for what? or money. Black People Open Forum 9
OldSoul OldSoul : Assata Shakur's Letter to the Pope OldSoul 29
1poetsought Law Forum : The FBI War on Tupac Shakur and Black Leaders Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Assata Shakur - The Strength of Women OldSoul 3
E Black Poetry : Can’t you see it’s time for the panther (tribute to Tupac Shakur) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Queenie Black People : Tupac Shakur acknowledged in Hollywood Black People Open Forum 2
Alarm Clock Black People : Belated Birthday Tribute to Tupak Shakur/ June 16, 1971 Black People Open Forum 0
Alarm Clock Black People Politics : The auspicious timing of the scapegoating of Assata Shakur Black People Politics 0
Khasm13 Khasm13 : Assata Shakur first female on most wanted terrorist list... Khasm13 97
L Black Authors : New Book Assata Shakur Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
Ankhur Black Women : Assata Shakur Black Women 0
K Black People : Assata Shakur Black People Open Forum 4
S Black People : ASANTE SANA FROM ASSATA SHAKUR Black People Open Forum 4
G Jails / Prisons : A letter to Our Political prisoner Sistah Queen goddess Assata Shakur-Sistah 2 Sistah Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Omowale Jabali TUPAC AMARU SHAKUR Honoring Black Ancestors 6
K Pan Africanism : To My People By Assata Shakur African American History Culture 9
Bluewater Black Authors : Assata Shakur October 2003 Book Chat 10/09/03 Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
Chyko Black Entertainment : LisaRaye McCoy Says Duane Martin "Stole" Her Husband From Her Black Entertainment 0
IntuitioninMD_2 Black Poetry : I Love My Husband.... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Relationships : monique-explains-why-her-husband-can-sleep-with-other-women Black Relationships 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Black woman beaten by cops for filming arrest of her husband Black People Politics 7
RAPTOR Black People : "Hell No !" Eric Garner's Wife does not forgive the Cop Who Killed Her Husband Black People Open Forum 27
S Black People : Dr Phil: My Husband Wants Me to Look Like Beyonce Black People Open Forum 17
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : "Real Housewives of Atlanta" husband gets prison for fraud Black Entertainment 6
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Your Husband Is Cheatin' On Us - Denise Lasalle Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
rapunzal24 Black People : I want a husband, but not children. Brothers, how do you feel about this? Black People Open Forum 102
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Husband/Boyfriend Tag (Cute black couple) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Black People : Can a woman have more than 1 husband if she practices polygamy? Black People Open Forum 9
MsInterpret Black Relationships : What is a wife's role? What is a Husband's role? Black Relationships 35
Ankhur Black People : Betty Shabbazz , makes a point about her husband, 1970(?) Black People Open Forum 20
MsInterpret Black People : Pray for Friend...She lost both husband and mom Black People Open Forum 15
nevar Black Relationships : What would you do if you found out your sister was having your husband baby? Black Relationships 19
A Black Spirituality Religion : St Rita - To Get Rid of an Abusive Boyfriend/Husband/Lover Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
Zulile Black Jokes Humor : Husband Down! Black Jokes Humor 6
F Black Poetry : Husband Release Colonic Cleanse Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : How Sholanda Kilt Her Husband Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 29
D Black Jokes Humor : Husband Black Jokes Humor 4
I Black People : My Aunts European Husband... Black People Open Forum 4
J Black Relationships : I'm on a challenge to find a husband Black Relationships 221
Destee Black People : Hillary Couldn't Manage Her Husband ... How She Gonna Manage The Country? Black People Open Forum 15
LadyLC Black Spirituality Religion : Televangelist Juanita Bynum Assaulted by Husband Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6