Computers - Software Hardware : Adobe's source code was parked on hackers' server

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2054...hackers-unprotected-server.html#tk.nl_pcwbest

adobe_security_breach-100057524-large.jpg

A massive breach of Adobe Systems’ network was discovered after the source code of numerous products, including the Web application development platform ColdFusion, sat parked on a hacker’s unprotected Web server open to the Internet.

The breach, which also encompassed 2.9 million encrypted customer credit card records, was announced by Adobe on Oct. 3. Adobe had already been investigating a breach when Alex Holden, chief information security officer of Hold Security,independently found what turned out to be the company’s source code on a hacking gang’s server. Adobe’s source code “was hidden, but it was not cleverly hidden,” Holden said.

Analysts with Holden’s company specialize in gaining access to “deep web” or dark forums, used by cybercriminals to trade data and techniques anonymously. Hold Security offers a subscription service called ”Deep Web Monitoring” where companies can be notified if their data is found.

The secret forums are password protected and are often invitation only, so security researchers often pretend they’re one of the bad guys to get in.

dunwiddat

Sep 17, 2012
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2054...hackers-unprotected-server.html#tk.nl_pcwbest

A massive breach of Adobe Systems’ network was discovered after the source code of numerous products, including the Web application development platform ColdFusion, sat parked on a hacker’s unprotected Web server open to the Internet.

The breach, which also encompassed 2.9 million encrypted customer credit card records, was announced by Adobe on Oct. 3. Adobe had already been investigating a breach when Alex Holden, chief information security officer of Hold Security,independently found what turned out to be the company’s source code on a hacking gang’s server. Adobe’s source code “was hidden, but it was not cleverly hidden,” Holden said.

Analysts with Holden’s company specialize in gaining access to “deep web” or dark forums, used by cybercriminals to trade data and techniques anonymously. Hold Security offers a subscription service called ”Deep Web Monitoring” where companies can be notified if their data is found.

The secret forums are password protected and are often invitation only, so security researchers often pretend they’re one of the bad guys to get in.

Imagine thatl:(

chuck

Aug 9, 2003

Oh, my!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : adobe-releases-big-updates-to-photoshop Science and Technology 0
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : adobe-isnt-killing-flash Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Internet Technology : Adobe Flash is finally dead Science and Technology 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Internet Technology : What Is Adobe Flash, and How Can You Get Rid of It? Science and Technology 2
anAfrican Science and Technology : Adobe Flash on Linux Science and Technology 0
A Black Poetry : You are my chocolate gemstone of love and sex. Charging me with an eternal source of love Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black People : Ed Department might use another source of fed money to give school staff access to guns and training Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Black People : ALL LANGUAGES COME FROM SINGLE AFRICAN SOURCE Black People Open Forum 4
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Breitbart-source-arrested-for-terrorism-tried-to-incite-9-11-terrorist-attack Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Source: Emmanuel Mudiay agrees to $1.2 million deal to play in China Black Sports 2
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Krita - Open Source Graphics Program Science and Technology 3
jamesfrmphilly Computers - Software Hardware : Intel's open-source Galileo computer on sale for $69.90 Science and Technology 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : AP source: Obama was considered potential target Black People Politics 2
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : "We the People" Petition Application Source Code Released by White House Science and Technology 1
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : The Architecture of Open Source Applications [Free Book] Science and Technology 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People Politics : U S A To Offer Legal Backing For "targeted Killing": Source Black People Politics 1
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Amazon Kindle devices source code Science and Technology 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Open Source: Global Village Construction Set Science and Technology 3
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : An Examination of Source Materials Omowale Jabali 11
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : TEN REASONS WHY EGYPT IS SOURCE OF CHRISTANITY AACOOLDRE 3
K Black Spirituality Religion : This fool: Consider the source Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 23
4 Black Spirituality Religion : Error in the Source Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
P Affordable Fresh Food Source Black Health and Wellness 0
asimplepoet Black Haiku : the source of my strength Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
M Black Spirituality Religion : Greek Mythology, Witchcraft, Christianity & The Source Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
G Black Women : To Divine Black Womb-Genders (Females), what is the Source of your Life-Living? Black Women 7
M Black Money Business Jobs : Finance articles source Black Money Business Jobs 0
MANASIAC Brother's Only Chat : Open Source Web Confernceing - Project Black Men 1
I to strong black men...what is the SOURCE of your strength? Black Men 18
I Black Women : to strong black women...what is the SOURCE of your strength? Black Women 14
anAfrican Science and Technology : List of open source software packages Science and Technology 0
kemetkind Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Chapter 3 - The Source of the Light of the East Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 2
P Pan Africanism : Team reaches Nile's 'true source' African American History Culture 2
1 Black Entertainment : Did any of you catch The Source Awards last night? Black Entertainment 11
1 Black Entertainment : The Source Awards is Due this Tuesday @ 9:00 pm on BET Black Entertainment 4
Destee Black People : Sharpton's Bid Aided by an Unlikely Source Black People Open Forum 2
J Black Entertainment : Source Awards...What did you think? Black Entertainment 5
E Black Short Stories : The Source Pt1 Short Stories - Authors - Writing 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Revealed: The U.S. military's 36 code-named operations in Africa All Things Africa 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : What Is #Code-Switching And Why Does It Matter? African American History Culture 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Flag Code: 9 Things You May Not Know About “The Star-Spangled Banner” Black People Open Forum 2
IFE Violaters / Violations : CODE X FLATLINE Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Internet Technology : Racists are using these code-words online to avoid censorship Science and Technology 17
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: Went to WALL GREEN a Seven Eleven across Kempsville road no wimps fill the code in Virginia Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
blazejay Black People : Is now is a time for us to have a "Black Code"? Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Letter to Ken Hanson author of Armageddon Code AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Bible Code: finding its Enigma machines to decode AACOOLDRE 0
Breakthrough Black Events : The CODE Process Webinar Black Events 0
CosmicMessenger Science and Technology : Probability Code Science and Technology 27
Yeremiyah Ben Ysrayl Black People : Black Code/Hard Brutal Slavery Black People Open Forum 3