Black People : Abortion Battle

Nisa

Jul 25, 2004
MICHIGAN
Judge upset at DCF over pregnant girl's care
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A judge who blocked a scheduled abortion for a 13-year-old chronic runaway is outraged that the state hasn't done more to protect her during at least four years in foster care.

"To say I am angry is an understatement," Juvenile Judge Ronald Alvarez said Thursday after learning the state Department of Children & Families had not notified the court that the girl had disappeared from a shelter so police could look for her.

The American Civil Liberties Union is appealing an order obtained by the state keeping the girl identified in court papers as L.G. from having an abortion that had been scheduled Tuesday.

The 4th District Court of Appeal gave the state five days Thursday to file papers to support the order, and the ACLU has three days to respond.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/state/content/gen/ap/FL_Abortion_Dispute.html

Nisa

Jul 25, 2004
MICHIGAN
Here is a similar story...

(CBS) Abortion-rights activists have criticized a Scottish Catholic Church aid program for paying a 12-year-old girl not to have an abortion.

The unidentified girl, who lives in England and is now midway through her pregnancy, was advised by teachers and social workers to terminate the pregnancy because of her young age, the British news agency, Press Association, reported Sunday.

But her unemployed parents contacted the Scottish Catholic Church's Pro-life Initiative, a program set up to offer alternatives to abortion. The family was offered immediate financial help if the girl chose to go ahead with the birth.

The amount of the payments was not disclosed, but the action drew quick and pointed criticism from abortion-rights groups in Britain.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/10/11/world/main65861.shtml

indya

Aug 4, 2004
I consider myself pro-choice, I hate to see it used as birth controll, but it should be available because of rape and incest.

I don't think you/article mentioned if rape/incest was the cause of these two young girls getting pregnant, but considering the young age they shouldn't be forced to continue the pregnancy anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : The woman behind 'Roe vs. Wade' didn't change her mind on abortion. She was paid Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Queenie Black People Politics : Black Americans and abortion Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Kavanaugh's Dissent In Louisiana's Abortion Case Means Trouble For Roe v. Wade Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Hysteria about the Supreme Court vacancy isn't about abortion — it's about reparations Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 10
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Abortion: The trickle down economic slide AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Legislator Calls Abortion “African-American Genocide” Because So Many Black Babies are Aborted Black People Politics 123
L Law Forum : Do These Abortion Issues Trouble You? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 11
Liberty Law Forum : Abortion: Are You "Pro-Life" or "Pro-Choice"? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 233
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : @ The Abortion Clinic: Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : GoFundMe, the site that has raised money for convicted murderers, will draw the line at abortion ... Black People Politics 2
Kadijah Black People : RU-486 - the DIY abortion pill Black People Open Forum 4
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Abortion Doctor Accused Of 'Snipping' The Necks Of Hundreds Of Live Babies Black People Open Forum 0
A Black People Politics : Senator Makes Satirical Proposal About Sex, Abortion Black People Politics 1
S Black Men : Abortion Black Men 20
P Black People : Abortion: pro-choice or pro-life ? Black People Open Forum 20
Destee Black Women : What are the Consequences of Abortion ? Black Women 18
Ankhur Black People : Abortion supporters see population control as Global Genocide on people of Color Black People Open Forum 10
Jahari Kavi Black People : This is why the debate over abortion needs to go beyond "a choice." Black People Open Forum 47
S Black Poetry : ABORTION Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
A Black Women : Abortion Black Women 49
G Black People : It's Not Just an Abortion Ban: Black People Open Forum 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Abortion AACOOLDRE 11
K Black Parenting : Abortion Black Parenting 109
O Black People : ABORTION DISTORTION Black People Open Forum 35
A Quiet Poetry Lounge : Abortion [inside] Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Joyce Black Poetry : ABORTION Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
T Black Relationships : Do You think Abortion is a Good Thing Under Some Circumstances Black Relationships 16
SpiritualONE Black People : When Will People Learn That Abortion is GENOCIDE! Black People Open Forum 1
M Where Black Men Stand On Abortion! Black Men 52
A Amun-Ra : Abortion--Both Sides Now Amun-Ra 40
R Black Poetry : Snack is a small meal cornflakes make it all real rattle the street I'm from Battle creek so kneel to the words see a girl with hips and lips and chi Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Ethiopia : 124 years ago, Ethiopian men and women defeated the Italian army in the Battle of Adwa Ethiopia 0
Ndugu Black People : If Africans desire us to Return, by the Millions they must Battle Corruption the way we battled White Supremacy so they could come here Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Battle Brews to Dump Jim Crow-Era Voting Rules in Deep South Mississippi Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Battle flag carried by black Union troops hits auction block African American History Culture 0
OldSoul Black People : OldSoul on V103's 'The Battle" - Sunday July 15th - 5 PM CST Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : A Black Woman’s Battle to Tell the Truth About Nat Turner: Witness and Testimony African American History Culture 0
Boss_Lady Black Relationships : Am I fighting a losing battle? Black Relationships 10
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Dissertation on Egyptian battle for Justin in the OT AACOOLDRE 1
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Battle on the Internet: Wesley Muhammad vs Tahuti AACOOLDRE 3
HODEE Black People Politics : Welcome to Uniontown: Arrowhead Landfill Battle a Modern Civil Rights Struggle Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Mississippi divided: Battle over Confederate flag shifts to Magnolia State Black People Politics 13
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : sister removes battle flag in front of SC statehouse... Black People Politics 16
Enki Black Poetry : Battle Chat. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 42
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Rep. Mo Brooks talks ‘war on whites’ as the GOP loses the battle for votes Black People Politics 2
Kadijah Black People Politics : China thinks it can defeat America in battle Black People Politics 39
S Health and Wellness : The Black Gay Community has lost the Battle against HIV & AIDS. Black Health and Wellness 53
Jaya Makara Black Poetry : The Battle Within Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
S The Front Porch : The Battle Within Spoken Word Video The Front Porch 0
K Black Relationships : in a battle to make a younger sista in my beloved woman Black Relationships 14