Black Relationships : A Woman's Perfume

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Brothas, many women spend hundreds of dollars on expensive perfumes and body sprays with the notion that this will attract you. We've been told that you are stimulated by what you smell as well as what you see. But is it these manmade smells that attract you or a woman's natural scent (after a thorough showering of course). Are you attracted to that soft, warm sweetness that society has programmed us to think of as funk?

anAfrican

Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
eau de YOU is really nice!

some of that man made stuff kinda works ... unless it smells like it was applied with a five gallon bucket! but only some; most of it makes me shudder and rush for fresh air!

Natural is Natural!! and Nature does it Best!

Slowly

Feb 20, 2006
Pacific NW
Occupation
electronic technician
Love is 'bout the sweetest perfume there is. I didn't notice at the time but my ex, who was very clean and fresh all the time had a natural aroma. I never noticed it until we had a big fight and separated. Long story short, I spent a lot of time in the closet just inhaling her in!!!!

oldiesman

Feb 9, 2006
a woman's...

my wife knows that it's one smell that will ALWAYS bring me to her....the smell of my food being cooked[smile].

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
Attracting me is not the smell of her perfume , some knows how to wear
it but often i've see where they spray too much....But a womans nature body
give's off an aroma that say come get me .....I like both in many ways yet differently

Ikoro

May 23, 2006
Give thanks for enlightement, Sister.

Myself I cannot stand chemical smells, I loathe them. If I put something on my body it is essential oils. I have told my people time and time again, yet they will not listen.

The smell of a clean body (inside and out) is the best there is! The sweet smell of sweat (not old) turns me on, the smell my of my loved ones hair and skin arouses the strongest, most intimate associations and emotions. I have been addicted to the smell of a body before, it is bliss.

It is unique, and no man-made storebought synthetic scent will ever turn me on. Hurts my soul and my nose.

Again, give thanks for this. For you to post this I am seeing an image of a most Beautiful Queen with nothing but her own scent on her own glorious, brown skin. Makes my heart beat faster ;) Whoo!

Now -that- is truly "sexy".

One.

~Ikoro

dustyelbow

Oct 25, 2005
WOMEN if they WANTED TOO are said by ONE RESEARCH GROUP to be ATTRACTIVE to a MAN based on their SMELL and RELATIONSHIP.

Scents & sensuality

That perfect date probably just smells great

By KATHY FLANIGAN of the Journal Sentinel staff

Friday, March 1, 2002

We're animals.

Dress us up. Take us out. We'll still act like we don't have opposable thumbs, smelling and sorting each other out in dim lights and smoky barrooms.

We're forgiven. We have no control over this. Light a candle. Bathe in perfume. Wash your hair in wild botanicals. Wear deodorant so strong "you can skip a day." That's not really going to do it.

Science suggests that how we smell deep down in our genes plays a role in how men and women choose potential mates as well as potential dates.

THE BARTENDER

Cues. Miscues. Weak pick-up lines. Flawed hook-ups. There's not much Paul Ward hasn't witnessed. He's a bartender.

You might think he would sniff at the idea that smell makes a difference surrounded as he is by the wafting scent of cigarette smoke or the stout aroma of Guinness. You would be wrong. Smell makes a difference.
Advertisement

Of course, it doesn't make as much difference as, say, the amount of alcohol consumed. Alcohol "drops people's inhibitions first thing," said Ward, who works at County Clare, 1234 N. Astor St.

But smell, that's a big deal.

"Smell has a lot to do with it. I recall people telling me 'You smell nice,' " Ward said. "It helps if you're a really nice bartender and they don't mind saying it."

Personally, Ward might not notice what you're wearing but he will pay attention to how you smell. Or how he smells.

Ward recounted his own splash with a pheromone-based cologne called "Realm."

"It smelled really good. Everyone used to comment on that one," Ward said.

THE SCIENCE

Pheromones are body chemical substances secreted externally by certain animals to convey information and produce a response in other individuals of the same species.

A British researcher used animal pheromones on every other chair in an auditorium. When test participants were asked to be seated, men sat in the seats prepared with female pheromone. It produced a rush of pheromone-inspired perfumes and colognes which produced a "secret scent."

Newer science indicates that olfactory remains the standard for some level of mating choice.

Last month, the journal Nature Genetics included a study by University of Chicago researchers who found that women prefer the scent of some men over other men because of genes they have inherited from their fathers.

The research also showed that women prefer the odor of males to whom they are genetically similar, but not identical, over those that are either nearly identical or completely unfamiliar.

It means, women can actually smell genetic differences -- right down to a single gene.

Researchers first determined a the human leukoycyte antigen gene sequence for each participant -- the inherited basis for personal odors and olfactory preferences. Female participants were asked to smell and rate a variety of odors from T-shirts worn by an ethnically diverse group of men for two consecutive nights.

Researchers weren't looking for scents women were sexually attracted to but smells the women wanted around all the time. What they found is that all the cologne in the world won't fool a woman's nose or her genes. Women chose the genetically similar odors.
http://www.uchospitals.edu/news/2002/20020120-aroma.html

Made a MISNOMER and need CORRECTION

After completing the "odor test," the researchers compared the HLA sequences of the women, and the male odor donors they preferred. "A clear pattern emerged," said Ober. "The women did not choose the scents of men with genes totally similar to their own or totally dissimilar to their own. They chose men with an intermediate level of difference."

This finding, Ober said, could answer an important question about mating choice. In 1997, Ober and colleagues found that young people from an isolated ethnically homogeneous population somehow managed to avoid choosing spouses that were genetically too similar to themselves, without any way of knowing each other's genetic make-up. Marrying someone too similar increases a couple's risk for miscarriage or for passing on recessive genetic disorders.

"We had convincing data that genes in the HLA region could influence this important social choice, but until now we had no persuasive explanation for how these genes might exert this influence," Ober said.

The researchers also determined that a woman's preference for male odor choices was paternally inherited. By looking at the genes of the women's parents, McClintock said, "we found that a woman's odor choice is based on HLA alleles inherited from her father – but not her mother."

The research suggests a romantic notion about mating choice, McClintock said. "Our research indicates that there is not one most preferred male odor for everyone, but that odor preference is relative," McClintock said. "It's thoroughly unique and based on the degree of HLA differences between a man and woman."
I meant to say RICH WEALTHY PEOPLE keep the MONEY in the FAMILY and are IGNORING their SENSE of GENETIC MAKE UP. Since they are the MOST HOMOGENOUS GROUP in the NATION thus FAR. That means their DECISION MAKING is NOT NATURAL or have any GENETIC GROUNDS of STABILITY ASSOCIATED with IT.

There's the MYSTERY.

Oh well.

ShemsiEnTehuti

Aug 28, 2006
Florida, USA
river said:
Brothas, many women spend hundreds of dollars on expensive perfumes and body sprays with the notion that this will attract you. We've been told that you are stimulated by what you smell as well as what you see. But is it these manmade smells that attract you or a woman's natural scent (after a thorough showering of course). Are you attracted to that soft, warm sweetness that society has programmed us to think of as funk?
I think emphasis on these superficial things like perfume, body washes, etc., were intentional by Europeans for 2 reasons. One of those reasons have some history to it:

1. Europeans bathed sometimes only twice a year before Africans and Native Americans and South & East Asians came into consistent contact with them, therefore NEEDED good perfumes to mask their foul odor. It is a past time for them and we all are too familiar with their racist ego. They think that whatever is good for them is good for everyone else.
  2. Lastly, it is all about money. Europeans are good at convincing people they need something that they really don't all to further wrap the Capitalist tentacles around your lifestyle so that you plunge even further into economic slavery.

I don't want to sound perverted here, but there is perhaps no greater turn on than the smell of feminine bodily fluids from the persperation to other things that don't necessarily stink. I am not talking about funky after exercising, but the natural smell of the body from casual persperation, pheromones, and other mild moisture.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly