Black Jokes Humor : A Riddle to Test your I.Q.

SouthsideIrish

Banned
Jun 16, 2013
Chicago
So if I look the truthful guard in the eye and have a conversation with him, and if he says he's standing before the door with the grand prize, I pick the lying guard's door. :nuts:

My resolution is the ONLY one presented that satisfies the riddle.
The key is the question you ask...

Which ever guard you speak to

You ask him this question

"If I asked the other guard which door...what would he say?

If you happened to speak to the truthful guard....he would tell you honestly that the other guard would lie to you and point at the wrong door.

So you pick the opposite.

If you happened to speak to the liar guard....he would lie to you and say the truthful guard would lie and give you the wrong door.

So you pick the opposite.

You are not asking a guard to pick a door. Because one of the guards lies. You ask this question to either one of them...does not matter which one you ask.

Specificly

IF I was to ask the other guard which door the prize is behind. Which door would he point to?

houserunner

Feb 12, 2010
Okay, I got this. And can maybe help explain.

We're to assume, before we even ask the question, both would point to the same door, and that door will indeed have the lion behind it because we're asking, "which door would the other guard say has the riches?"

The truthful guard would point to the one with the lion behind it if you asked him(let's say it's the 2nd door just to give a visual) because he knows the liar would lie to you if you asked him, "which has the riches?".

The lying guard would point to the one with the lion behind it, also, because he's lying, knowing the truthful would point you to the riches.

And since you now know they would both point you to the same door regardless, the one with the lion, since you are asking which door would the other say has the riches, though you don't know which is the liar or truthful, whichever one you ask this particular question, you simply go to the opposite door because you know, "if I asked the other guy, he'd point to the same one".

I hope that wasn't too redundant. :lol: Just trying to help the brother out.
Yes, the point is to visualize and think that you are asking the question to each and what the answer will be from both before you actually speak to ask the question to one. You do not need to actually speak to each one to figure out what the response would be if you ask that specific question given there are only 2 doors to choose from. You know that one will lie about what the other will say or do and one will be truthful about what the other will say or do. So once you think about it and visualize the scenario of both and the outcome then you can proceed to speak to one and ask the question.

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
Yes, the point is to visualize and think that you are asking the question to each and what the answer will be from both before you actually speak to ask the question to one. You do not need to actually speak to each one to figure out what the response would be if you ask that specific question given there are only 2 doors to choose from. You know that one will lie about what the other will say or do and one will be truthful about what the other will say or do. So once you think about it and visualize the scenario of both and the outcome then you can proceed to speak to one and ask the question.

I hope this is clear enough for the others. Heheh.:D

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
I suppose I could explain it easier in person. You'll get it at some point. I do not think I could explain it on a forum more clear than I have without posting a reenactment video and an education segment in the video to go over all that had transpired. lol
Not a bad idea, do it...since River is not responding.

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
Why not just stand between both doors and listen for the lion to roar. Its got to be hungry by now anyway. A lion cant/wont keep quiet when he hears and smells his next meal close by...:)

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
Why not just stand between both doors and listen for the lion to roar. Its got to be hungry by now anyway. A lion cant/wont keep quiet when he hears and smells his next meal close by...:)

Heheh, the liar might say, "that was just my stomach growling, been standing here waiting for lunch!" :lol:

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
This method works without you ever knowing which guard tells the truth and which one lies.

Think about it. You don't know which is which, but they know each other. You're not asking them which door holds the prize, but which door will the other guard says holds the prize. If you ask the truthful guard which dooe will the other guard say is the prize door, the truthful guard will tell you the truth about the other guard's lie. Vice versa the lying guard will lie about the other guard's truth. Either way you get the same answer.

Sleep on it, okay.

butterfly#1

Mar 10, 2011
What if you happened to speak to the truth guard.

Always an "if" involved. smh
That was explained as tho' 1 question was asked of both guards. I've slept on this since its inception...:)

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍