Black People Politics : A post of Very Serious Thoughts (suspicions) of a Black Sellout!

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
The title is worded like it is, because I am not a judgemental person. My Blackness has never been deeply questioned. But I have a friend that feels I patronize white businesses to much. Being a sell out is very much a very different beast.

I told my friend. I have no problem supporting Black owned businesses every time I encounter one or hear of a new one opening.

Him and I were doing some custom hats with a logo. I spent my own money up front to buy a dozen hats once they were made. I drew the logo had it nicely embroidered and displayed on the hat. Him and I consulted many times as I proceeded. Now what tweaks me about this is . The hat being made was no secret. Who was making it was no secret. Yet he talked that support black owned business line after I laid out the expense. I collaborated with him on the logo and the hats as I proceeded. I looked initially for a Black owned screen printer, or a business that makes and can embroider a hat with a custom logo. It doesn't exist that I know of.

He didn't call me a sell out, but his leaning perspective was that I should have used a Black owned business to make the hats. After I layed out all the work and expense. He accepted the hats, tried to criticize them and momentarily pissed me off. I gave him the hats, and told him. After you sell them. Send me my money.
(haven't seen the cash yet!)

Growing up in the inner city of St. Louis MO. I sat every saturday within a local black owned restaurant. Ate there even as a fifteen year old teen, and would patronize both sides of my block from the barber shop to the grocery vendors. Growing up we had a Black business man who traveled down our street with a home made wooden push cart selling watermelons, corn , fruits and vegetables to everyone on the block.
Even an Ice man traveled the block. The wood and coal man would roll down my blocks I recall from the age of five. Well patronized by everyone on the block.

I dont have an afro anymore, so I dont patronize the barber, There is no local black owned grocery stores near me at this time. The local black owned restaurants I have patronized and tried their food. On a take out meal at least three times. I spent about $45 dollars to feed my family dinner. the food was not good. The portions were small and no corn bread included with the greens just ain't right. He did not have any left anyway for me to buy. Brother could have quickly bought a box of jiffy mix to supply whats expected.

I haven't been a sell out .. because that is so much different. I use what is available, local and I have available to me at the time to live. Hell I might as well quit my job. It is owned by someone other than a Black person.

Get over this / that...it impedes personal progress, and if someone tells me they are sick and tired of being trapped in the same place ( having a hard time making it, cant afford a house, what ever it is ) is because they first need to expand and grow. Not sell out, but use whats in place to work and get what they need and desire in place. Then build from that to where they ( own a business, a company etc... ) want to be.

==========================================
One of the main reasons I am posting this is there is one person I feel is truly not a good supporter of Black issues and Black people in general here in America.

That person is " Paris Dennard " this brother gets on my nerve.. really bad. He talks up the Republican party like it was oxygen for him.

He has his nose so far up '45's" butt it's hard to tell where he starts and '45th" ends.

See In this video. He was finally called out. He lost it. Now this I enjoyed ...:lol::lol: :lol::lol: because he deserved to unravel for a minute.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...ator-paris-dennard-melts-down-live-television

A CNN panel moderated by Brooke Baldwin went completely off the rails as panelist Keith Boykin told Paris Dennard, a black Trump supporter, that he was ashamed of him "as an African American."

“I am well aware of my blackness and don’t need you to classify me as being one,” Dennard said.

Dennard went on to accuse black individuals who disagree with his pro-Trump stance of "racism," although he didn't provide any specific examples.

He then returned his ire to Boykin. "I will not be attacked by you about my blackness," Dennard yelled, jabbing his finger at the screen after being told to "calm down."
=================================
They say call a spade... a spade. But for me it's judgemental. So I keep it in. ( "judge lest ye be judged " ...Luke 6:37)
So Paris you keep on spitting the sickness within you. I get nauseated listening and watching you on CNN. But you go on.

Share your thoughts, Me.. I know a sell out when I hear one, smell one, and see one.
But I try not to be judgemental even against the worst of us and them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Black People Politics : Egypt Wants Okonjo-Iweala Disqualified From World Trade Organisation DG Post Black People Politics 0
S The Police : President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
R Black Poetry : destee your site gone evil can't post **** Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : Have to fix his luck he's mixed up and confused may lose his girl in the drop top cruise he post th Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: More than Country Rap: Hip Hop’s Impact on the Post-Civil Rights American South Black People Politics 0
Perfection Eritrea : In Context Series: Post-Twentieth-Century Eritrea Eritrea 0
Destee South Africa : Nike stores closed in South Africa amid outcry over racist web video post South Africa 0
HODEE Black Poetry : Deleted Post Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Destee Black People Politics : Joy Reid Apologizes for 10 Year Old Insensitive LGBT Blog Post(s) Black People Politics 0
Destee 20th Birthday : Birthday Contest : Post a question about Black people and the answer is NOT on the Internet Destee's Thoughts 73
Clyde C Coger Jr Zimbabwe : Zimbabwe politicians: plot bloodless coup and post Mugabe reforms Zimbabwe 191
nilevalley Black People : I never once believed AMERICA had entered a post racial stage Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Dems already fighting over Conyers' Judiciary post Black People Politics 1
Destee Support : Technical Difficulties - Shoutbox Issues - post here if you see problems with it - Thanks Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 25
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Your guide to post-inauguration demonstrations, marches and protests - March For Our Lives Black People Politics 65
Liberty Black People Politics : Fake news: Popular post claims Obama-led U.N. to make U.S. pay African-Americans reparations Black People Politics 0
tarhaka bey Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Post Traumatic Slavery Syndrome- Dr. Joy DeGruy Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
chuck African American History Culture : What do we need to remember about the post civil war reconstruction era? African American History Culture 0
nilevalley Black People : The new post-racial America? Black People Open Forum 1
sekou kasimu Support : How do I delete a post? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 4
Destee Support : How to Include / Attach an Image to Your Post Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 3
chuck Black People : Please let us know who can post in the shout box moderators! Black People Open Forum 0
Black Phoenix Black People : Black Excellence: Serena Williams Is Eyeing a Fashionable Post-Court Life Black People Open Forum 0
RAPTOR Black People : Unable to post in "Trump Says Americans Won’t Vote..." thread. Black People Open Forum 2
Kemetstry Law Forum : SCOTUS AND POST RACIAL SOCIETY COMMENT Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : NFL post season Black Sports 81
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Global Post, the employer of freelancer James Foley, fails to pass smell test Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Ferguson Issues and Post-Michael Brown Movement (BLM) - Protests Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 858
VannDigitalNetworks Support : Can't Post Links... Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 16
Orisons Black People : Why did they only CENSOR the underlined [below] from this post? Black People Open Forum 1
Dreya The Front Porch : My first post The Front Porch 8
Kemetstry Black People : A POST RACIAL SOCIETY? Black People Open Forum 5
S Internet Technology : Anonymous Internet on it's last leg: Huffington Post requires facebook ID validation for comments. Science and Technology 35
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Senate rejects Obama appointment of Debo Adegbile to top civil rights post Black People Politics 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : S.Africa's right still fears post-Mandela apocalypse Black People Politics 13
ProphetikGeneral Black People : My Last Post-Farewell to the Destee Fam Black People Open Forum 19
MS234 Jails / Prisons : Lauryn Hill announces first post-prison tour date in New York City Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 5
Fine1952 Black People : Obviously no sense of self = Stuck On Stupid - Crash + Facebook post = jail Black People Open Forum 3
R Black People : did black fling post a rasict ad or mistake Black People Open Forum 5
Alarm Clock Africa : Africa and U.S. Imperialism: Post-Colonial Crises and the Imperatives of the African Revolution All Things Africa 1
THE-GOD Black People : Does THIS person post on Destee? Picture Inside Black People Open Forum 5
queensweet Black Women : queensweet - you can't post other folk's property here without including their permission Black Women 4
THE-GOD Black People : How do you post a youtube video? Black People Open Forum 4
Destee Support : New FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) Area - Post Your Suggestions Here Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 0
Therious Black People Politics : GOP Sabotaging Post Office? Black People Politics 3
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Part 1: TWA Styling 2-4 Months Post BC Audio Video Web Conferencing 6
scalar intelligence The Front Porch : first post The Front Porch 1
S Black People Politics : Pre/Post election Terrorism in the Red State of Indiana. Black People Politics 12
legit-writer Black People Politics : Woman Loses Job Over Racist Facebook Post On President Black People Politics 18
Mario D King The Front Porch : First Post The Front Porch 8