Held captive…forced to backtrack
Through haunts of When...
Attempting to move
Forward… A quest for answers
And understanding
Begins… in search of…
Neither praise, Nor promise,
Many restless nights I’ve…
often pondered… while Soul- Searching I’ve…
Day dreamed and wondered
Why? …
From the first moment
Out of the womb…
An unwelcome Surprise… wide- eyed
This Child…Ripe to reap the inheritance
Of strife as he…came to life
In a crowded room
Vying for love... 8 others
3 brothers and… 5 ebony sisters
The offspring of a fragile Queen
And four delinquent misters
His childhood arrested…
Daily he digested the scorn of a
Single mother’s rage…unable to fight back
He...became disengaged…
On the 14th Floor of a concrete cage…There…
Amidst hard times on Chicago’s
West- side he…Came of age

Struggling to keep from having
His capacity to dream contained
Cast to the streets with shoeless feet
Not… knowing if He was coming
Or going or…How He would maintain and…
Not fall prey to society’s game of…
Keeping his fate the same as those
Either… profiled and framed and…
Not show fear while trying to
Steer clear of… Disciples and Assault Rifles…
Wayward aims…meet…tiny frames…lost…then…
Found on the wall
Amongst “Rest In Peace” names Still………
He found a way…or did he?

His peace of mind hides behind the memories of his bloodshot eyes
thus, This painful scribe labors on with devotion…as…
Truth struggles to free itself ...from the chokehold...
Of raw emotion.

Peace, Power, and Prosperity.

By Afrostotle Turr`e

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
feeling all of dis and da pain of an poet
flow on i'm listening

Zen Master_1

Nov 12, 2003
Corvallis Oregon
Occupation
Retired
Outstanding

After reading this special piece I understand and at the same time encourage you to continue to express yourself for the heavenly stars are out there for you to grab hold of and really shine, thanks for sharing.

Zen Master

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
alyce Quiet Poetry Lounge : can't "poet" the pain away Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Joyce Black Poetry : The Curse Of A Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : We each can be a poet. Furthermore we have the spirit in all of us... True aura to self discovery Configure Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Mario William Vitale The Master Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : trumps-favorite-irish-proverb-is-actually-a-quote-from-a-nigerian-poet Black People Politics 0
IFE Black Poetry : Young Poet Incarcerated Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : by HIPHOP POET (no login) Yeah it’s that dude with the phat attitude don’t fake // And won’t hesita Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : About My Poet Tree Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Sincerely Serena The Front Porch : A dope poet The Front Porch 2
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: True and alert sweaty and ready to do the work of a poet and you Know it somehow ill and n Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
1poetsought Black Poetry : Poet's Beef Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Poet Lost Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Lost Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Domitian's Poet AACOOLDRE 0
dunwiddat Black Women : Poet, author Maya Angelou dead at age 86 Black Women 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Poet Heru: Barack Obama is Septimius Severus: Change You Can Believe In Black People Politics 1
cherryblossom Black Authors : Frank X Walker: Poet Laureate Short Stories - Authors - Writing 1
BrittanyMalachi The Front Porch : Brittany Malachi: Poet The Front Porch 18
Mario D King Poetry Critiques : Poor Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : A unique and know it but like a greek poet I produce Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
TotalView Black Haiku : one poet sought and found Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
alyce Quiet Poetry Lounge : The Poet Spoke My Mind Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
TotalView Black Poetry : to my love poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Poet's it's scenario spook time Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
asimplepoet Black Haiku : Speechless poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
NyneElementz Spoken Word : Find A Poet and Not Impressed Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
cherryblossom Black Women : The Poet Of Purpose Black Women 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : last poet homeless Black People Open Forum 2
Lataisha Nicole Black Poetry : THE POET Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
T Black Poetry : Poet's Curse Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : ...and they call me a love Poet? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
S Black People : Definition of a Poet... Gil Scott-Heron Black People Open Forum 5
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : Poet of da WEEK Brother (Skuderjaymes) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Why they call me a love Poet.....? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
cherryblossom Black Poetry : A "Word" for our Scrupulous Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
S Black Poetry : A word from your scrupulous Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : Death Of A Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
J Black Poetry : " death of the love poet " pt. 2 by graphik Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
J Black Poetry : " death of the love poet " Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF THE WEEK (sister Cherryblossom) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
cherryblossom Black Poetry : No. I am NOT A Poet! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
cherryblossom Quiet Poetry Lounge : Death Of A Poet (and Resurrection) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
H Black Poetry : The Poet Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF THE WEEK sister {Epiphany} Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 18
F Black Poetry : WHO ME, I'M NO POET Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF THE WEEK sister (Free2b_me) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : DREAM GARDEN of a POET's LOVE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF THE WEEK (HARRY HYMAN) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET of the WEEK (sister LADYBELLE) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 17
$$RICH$$ Poet of the Week : POET OF THE WEEK sister (Sweet Apple*pie) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20