Black People : A Passion for Art Collecting, Appreciation Drives Diasporal Rhythms

OldSoul

Permanent Black Man
PREMIUM MEMBER
May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive
A Passion for Art Collecting, Appreciation Drives Diasporal Rhythms
It’s an art collection unlike any other.
Patric McCoy is president of Diasporal Rhythms, an art collectors’ organization
he co-founded that’s dedicated to exposing the public to art of the African diaspora.
The organization was founded in 2003 by McCoy, Carol Briggs, Joan Crisler and Daniel Parker after they were each asked to be on a panel about art collecting. That’s when they realized how their passions aligned. They say it’s the only organization of its kind in the country, and it now includes 80 art collectors. Together, they organize partnerships with schools and museums and host annual home tours to ensure the public is properly exposed to artists of the African diaspora.

https://news.wttw.com/2020/02/25/passion-art-collecting-appreciation-drives-diasporal-rhythms

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss:
Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart: