Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : A New Standard of beauty (video)

IFE

Jan 20, 2015

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Thank you for sharing this Sister IFE.

I enjoyed it and agree with #AmberStarks

She is beautiful and we all are beautiful ... here is her web site ... consciouscoils.com

I even did the challenge, searching google for beautiful women and this is what it gave me :

Much like the Amber's results.

It is an uphill climb but we are on our way!

I have been natural many years and it was the young Sisters on the Internet that encouraged me too!

The babies will lead us ... or something like that ... i have heard.

Loving Us!

:heart:

Destee

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Did you notice how when she asked the ladies how many believed it when she said said all of you are beautiful, not many agreed.
I look forward to the day when the word beautiful slides out of our mouths like butter.
I think the Church may be partial responsible for this. The church teaches that vanity is a sin. Some women confuse vanity and beautiful, and may think referring to themselves as beautiful is vanity.
You are beautiful, Sister.
Not only to look at. The way you operate our home away from home/Destee.com is beautiful.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Did you notice how when she asked the ladies how many believed it when she said said all of you are beautiful, not many agreed.
I look forward to the day when the word beautiful slides out of our mouths like butter.
I think the Church may be partial responsible for this. The church teaches that vanity is a sin. Some women confuse vanity and beautiful, and may think referring to themselves as beautiful is vanity.
You are beautiful, Sister.
Not only to look at. The way you operate our home away from home/Destee.com is beautiful.

Ohhhhhhhhh ... :cry: ... Thank You Sister ... :cry: ... :love:

My Mother always taught me that pretty is as pretty does.

Of course the world has a totally different standard, but I believed every word that came from my Mother's mouth no matter what other sources said. While i had my Mother's wisdom to guide me, I'd imagine that it is not so easy as that these days. In fact, I know it. The media is so big, bombarding the world with images of beauty / pretty being other than how you behave ... all about how you look based on the standard they present ... whew ... it's hard for young women i think ... threads like this and all of us challenging these standards is great!

I didn't see people responding to her question, but could tell from her comments, some did not agree.

Thanks again for sharing this, encouraging us all!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Black Women : why white beauty standard affects bw more than bm Black Women 36
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : D.L. Hughley, T.I. Call Double Standard Between Texas School Shooting And Tay-K Murder Case Black People Open Forum 1
Orisons Black People : Isn't Cyberspace CENSORSHIP standard in the West? Black People Open Forum 2
IFE Black People : Opioid Vs. Crack Addiction: A Racial Double Standard? Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : The Racial double standard of the new Bundy family standoff: They’d be killed if they were Black Black People Politics 47
Orisons Black People : Why is RACIST HATRED STILL standard in the Modern Era? Black People Open Forum 41
chuck Black People : In The Era Of Obama: The White Media's Double Standard Spares Nobody Black! Black People Open Forum 1
legit-writer Black People : Straight Up Double Standard B.S. Right Here Black People Open Forum 0
S Science and Technology : CERN: The Standard Model Of Particle Physics Science and Technology 0
RAPTOR Black People : Black slave owners: Is there a double standard to the double standard? Black People Open Forum 13
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Gold standard = fiat in disguise Black Money Business Jobs 0
Ankhur Violaters / Violations : Why the double standard regarding copyright violations? Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 7
MsInterpret Black People : Disappearance of Teen Amid Concerns of Racial Double-Standard in Media Attention Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People : Tolerance of white militias exemplifies racial double standard Black People Open Forum 5
M Black Education / Schools : The White Standard Ain't My Standard Black Education / Schools 2
J Black Positive People : Moyea SWF to Video Converter Standard--Professional tool Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Standard of What??? Black People Open Forum 15
T South Africa : Chinese Bank Buys into South Africa's Standard Bank South Africa 1
B Black Relationships : double standard Black Relationships 21
I Black Spirituality Religion : A Chronology of the Bible, a Challenge to the Standard Version. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
anAfrican Black People : A Higher Standard of Excellence Black People Open Forum 2
Akilah The true "Standard" of a "Real" so-called African "Man" Black Parenting 11
M Black Women : The true "Standard" of a "Real" so-called African "Woman"* Black Women 21
S DOUBLE STANDARD PARENTING/LAWS...... Black Parenting 9
M Black People : Black vs. Black: By Who's Standard? Black People Open Forum 4
2 Black Relationships : double standard on t.v. concerning gays/lesbians Black Relationships 3
E Black Relationships : Homosexuality: A double standard Black Relationships 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Not Egyptian and no great beauty: what Gal Gadot's Cleopatra should look like, according to history Egypt 0
R Black Poetry : At home she roam around in a gown and boys hound and bark be astound her beauty could wreck a nation and don't expect compensation can't place her lac Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
J Black Poetry : Only you have unforgettable beauty, it is eternal in my memory. It shines clearly in my mind and subconscious mind - this is the best I've seen in my Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
J Black Poetry : You are my beastly lust, body heat from your beauty. A deep feeling of love pierces the psyche and soul, I have an energy dependence on you and your h Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Groove with cake and convinced her hips move make sense boys be girl watching while the world is marching to beauty, at the bar hope around got mechan Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤ Locs of Beauty Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤ Degrees of Beauty Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Al D Africa : Beauty and Agony of the Skin They're In All Things Africa 2
A Black Poetry : The gorgeous beauty of black girls Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀Breast Cancer Intervention-Older African American Women in Beauty Salons Black Women 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤These Glasses are filled with Beauty Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID: Love and beauty boys know their duty he had a wiry plot that was fiery and // Intense fee Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry Law Forum : BLACK BEAUTY QUEEN ARRESTED AFTER ROAD RAGE BY COP Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Money Business Jobs : black-owned-beauty-supply-stores Black Money Business Jobs 55
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : beauty supply store-owner-choking-african-american-woman Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 76
jamesfrmphilly African American History Culture : vintage-photos-show-the-beauty-of-african-american-women-from-between-1920s-and-1940s African American History Culture 2
Liberty Health and Wellness : Could African-American beauty products pose health risks? Black Health and Wellness 11
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : From Banks to Beauty Products, The #BuyBlack Movement Is Real Black Money Business Jobs 0
Liberty Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Discover Black Beauty With Black Fashion Week USA Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
A Black Relationships : Is it colorism for one to have a skin color preference for beauty? Black Relationships 31
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: my mad duty is to add beauty to rap but a cutie zap // my eyes right here in Virginia Beac Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : my mad duty is to add beauty to rap but a cutie zap // my eyes right here in Virginia Beach and n Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : ❤ beauty behind the wheel Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5