A New Section In Poetry - Nation Building, etc.

Kannte

Feb 18, 2004
NYC
How about a section, in poetry, for some, really conscious raising, mind/heart uplifting, spiritual, inspirational, faith lifting, awe inspiring, solve the problem, the next dimension, "keep hope alive," nation building, "I rise," positive messages, poetry that not only tells it like it is but explores the possibilities for a better future. Separate from say, "the romantic," sexey, themes, etc.

Hey, feel free to add to my concepts above,

Thanks.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
it is beautiful and wonderful uplifting spirit time thing but we have two forums
for poetic scribing and it all fit in well in itself but your suggestion is most def
on the table as we view it thanks for the insight and input to raise it up ......

Kannte

Feb 18, 2004
NYC
Yo $$RICH$$,

Thanks for putting it on the table; thanks for responding. I am sure you'll will hook it up in the future.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
indeed we will , the doors always open for new things and growth
keep it coming so we can continue to rise up for the people peace

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Brother Kannte ... Welcome ... :wave:

I apologize for the delay in responding. I've been visiting with my Family the past few days, in IL, and am doing as little "work" as possible. :)

Your suggestion, to divide the poetry forums up (more than they are) has been suggested in the past, for different reasons, but the same suggestion. You can read that thread here. It's always been my position not to divide the poetry up, unless the poetry was so different that it needed it's own forum, like spoken word poetry files. The Haiku Forum came only after i fought tooth and nail not to have it, and lost the fight ... yes, i'm toothless now ... :wink: ... i would share that thread with you too, but it is in the Moderator's forum.

I'll share this, as it is the same thing i said regarding the initial suggestion of a Haiku Forum (which we have now).

In the past the Family has been reluctant to separate themselves based on style, content, etc. We do have the Quiet Lounge, but that's just for folk who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the faster moving poetry forum.

One of the things that I think makes our forum a success is that there is nothing separating the poets. All of us, regardless of style, content, etc., come together to share our poetry. If we begin to separate the peaces based on these things, it can only separate the Family ... even if only in a very small way (their peace sitting over there alone, because it's different).

Actually we may be opening a door to things we don't want to visit, as there are so many different styles, etc., that the Family uses ... trying to separate/accomodate them all in different forums would not really be practical.

Hmmmm ... as you can see, I'm not totally for it. If you have reasons that you think would help persuade me to see that it is better for the forum and Family to begin separating styles, etc., I'm more than willing to change my mind.

Please don't be reluctant to make suggestions because I've not embraced this one. I may even be wrong about this and you are welcome to poll the Family and get their opinion on your suggestion. Nothing is written in stone.
In addition, we have so many forums that make up our forum home page, making it quite long in my opinion. For the most part, adding a new forum is done because we can't properly present that content in any of our existing forums. As it says above, you can see i'm reluctant to make new forums unless there is a need ... but i'm always open if you can convince me of that. Feel free to post a poll and see how the Family feels about it ... that's what they did with that Haiku Forum ... dadgummit! :wink:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hamma Africa : excerpt from sacredtexts.com under the African (religion,myth section found there) All Things Africa 5
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : hasidic-neighborhood-top-beneficiary-of-section-8 Black People Politics 1
Liberty Black Education / Schools : UConn officials explain thinking behind African American male-only section of dorm Black Education / Schools 0
S Support : Suggestion to restructure the ENTERTAINMENT section. Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 1
S Why is my "What Is A Curse Word" thread in the ADULT premium-only section? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 1
Ankhur Violaters / Violations : Music and Plays on the Open Discssusion section? Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 5
howardtsu Black Poetry : Her Frozen Section Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Ankhur Black People : Latest; NYHA cuts 3, 115 families off of section 8 Black People Open Forum 0
D Black Spirituality Religion : Is the Latino section of some stores in your area a sort of Santeria section? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
A Black People : Sorry (lol) i posted a poem 3 times in the get youre flow section... Black People Open Forum 0
A Black People : LOOOOOll why is my poem 2 times in the get youre flow on section? Black People Open Forum 2
S Black Poetry : Welcome to the colored section Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
R Black Poetry : standing in her section 8 kitchen Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Poetry In Motion Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
TotalView Black Poetry : a note from my poetry to myself Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Mario William Vitale Latest Poetry Pieces Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Poets To Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Poetry : ESPN Publishes Poetry Tribute To Asatta Shakur Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
IFE Black Poetry : Barack Obama's poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
GoFish Support : poetry + Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 1
candeesweet Black Poetry : When Poetry? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Feast on grocery while writing a piece of poetry bitter pure Literature my mixed rhymes fix minds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
HODEE Black People : Prentice Powell *Poetry on THE SYSTEM - The Black Condition Black People Open Forum 1
n2deepthings Destee Network : RevolutionaryMind - Poetry, Books, and #Ferguson Films Destee Network : 0
Enki Black Poetry : DARK SIDE OF THE EARTH - ANTI-BULLYING SPOKEN WORD POETRY SHORT Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Bishop Black Poetry : I Call Her Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
MzBlkAngel Black Poetry : Poet Lost Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Enki Spoken Word : Ruby Dee - A Poem ABout Tupac on Def Jam Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
candeesweet Black Poetry : Raindrops vs Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
HODEE Black People : TAALAM ACEY - Spoken Word Poetry Black People Open Forum 7
river Black People : Fifth Year at Visions with Voices spoken Word Poetry and Narrative Black People Open Forum 0
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : Black Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
G Black Entertainment : Rakim - Def Poetry Black Entertainment 1
Nahshon Black Poetry : Paper-cut Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
KaHotep Black Poetry : Black Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
candeesweet Black Poetry : 6/28/13 Research Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Writspirit Poet of the Week : Poetry review of the musical Cuff Me: Fifty Shades of Grey Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
S Poetry Discussion : Why should anyone buy your poetry book? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 7
THE-GOD Poetry Discussion : Why do women write poetry centered around this "poor me" pity me" oh please, help me, type of stuff? Short Stories - Authors - Writing 18
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : Poetry Girl. Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
keyame The Front Porch : My name is Dre, but poetry name is Keyame The Front Porch 4
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Poetry dying to be released Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Keita Kenyatta Spoken Word : dana gilmore def poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
noor100 Black Muslims : SIGNS [Poetry] Islam Study Group 21
MsVeraisblessed Black People : PYPM 2012 Poetry Slam Black People Open Forum 2
guttapoetfromny Black Poetry : Poetry... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
R Black Poetry : Feast on grocery while writing a piece of poetry bitter pure Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
Asomfwaa Black Poetry : Poetry: Pay For What You Need Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
river Black Poetry : Now Accepting Poetry Submissions Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
cherryblossom Black Poetry : Psychedelic Poetry Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3