Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : A brotha with no more tolerance for weaves/wigs

kde

Oct 26, 2009
BTW,

There are many YouTubers in the natural hair community who prove that women can grow their natural/non-chemically relaxed hair LONG without resorting to full-time weave or extension wear.

And, of course, there are many lockers who are evidence of the very same thing. (My hair is about five inches from waist-length.) Weaves can actually erode the hairline, cause breakage and split ends, encourage dryness and a lack of scalp breathability. In a class I taught last semester, there was a student whose hairline was past her ears. And yet she still persisted in relaxing what was left of her hair into a bone straight state and, week after week, getting some new weaved style put in.

Somlikithot

May 2, 2011
Atlanta
Occupation
House wife
Hello everybody. This is my first post on DESTEE?
I'm a former weave addict. I've been loced for several years. When I wore weaves my sig other did not like the weave but I wore my hair the way "I" wanted. I've heard many Brothers express their confusion and disapproval of the Black woman and weave, including my own. Even now, after all these years, I sometimes miss that weave,lol. I really think it's a girl thing - we like hair! I do wonder why we disregard (some) of our brothers (negative) opinion of weaves and wigs.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Hello everybody. This is my first post on DESTEE?
I'm a former weave addict. I've been loced for several years. When I wore weaves my sig other did not like the weave but I wore my hair the way "I" wanted. I've heard many Brothers express their confusion and disapproval of the Black woman and weave, including my own. Even now, after all these years, I sometimes miss that weave,lol. I really think it's a girl thing - we like hair! I do wonder why we disregard (some) of our brothers (negative) opinion of weaves and wigs.

......Welcome Somlikithot and make yourself at home because you are.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.