Copied Lord’s Prayer, and
“I Had a Dream”

Did you hear me?

A blond hair’d, blue-eyed, fair-skinned Jesus
Don’t resemble God’s description
Don’t look like us
Yet…
In that man, WE trust
(Like God didn’t know what His son looked like)

All our spiritual Blackness, we dedicate
To a Savior’s image we know to be fake

Can you relate?

I stand on the pRiNcIpLe of a history worth telling
Deep in the “Starving Souls” of innocent youths,
We be dwelling

Please, my brethren,
Hear me

Stand for something…other than self
Pursue worth, if you must, but don’t stand on your wealth
Be Proud of what tomorrow is offered from you
Let your heart be pure
Your spirit, true
Mr.
Black
Man

~ III ~

“My *****! My *****!”
Cried little Boys in da Hood
Trying hard to be da man
Always up to no good

It’s understood

…America sees a brutha as the scum of the earth
Baseball bat sized girth
With no value…no worth

Is that really what’s understood?
A black man…always up to no good

Our Kids are programmed from beginning to end
Futures sabotaged for the white man’s ends
The brave must fail
Emotionally challenged can’t survive
Drop outs
Criminal minds
Death…or prison lives

Caught up in that “Pipeline to Prison”
They’ve put our kids on
Though our numbers have diminish
WE’re not helpless,
WE’re strong

Society claims it’s their fault; Bad choices they made
We know they succumbed to scripted plans big brother laid
All participants played their role
Orchestrating (sentenced) outcomes
Victims unwittingly help this pipelined path that’s destined for some

Mr. Policeman…da overseer
Trying to keep me in line
Handing out invitations to do prison time

~ IV ~

There’s a gangsta feel to every black man
‘til you’ve walked that mile
You just can’t understand

I’m da man

“Chiseled steel,”
We say it with pride
If you’re down for the cause
You’re down for the ride
My friends I hold to a much higher worth
Wouldn’t compromise my integrity;
Wouldn’t ask me to do dirt

Black Men

Of the dark chocolate
…The Ebony hue

I’ve seen you

Stepping and fetching
Trying to imitate our presence
Standing before us in wide-eyed reverence

Hear me

I’m the fading echo of a million years
I buried my worries. Tossed away my fears

We’re brash and boisterous coz we want to be heard
The impetuousness of the rich
The intelligence of the nerd
I am one with all there were…or can be
First man of all men
The original
That’s me

A Black Man.

triniti424

May 13, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Occupation
Servant of the People
*sigh* God bless our Black Men * this was beautiful brother poet and Ive missed the powerful presence of your words... your gift is as strong as I remembered it :) Props indeed :)

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
Sister triniti. Good to see you on the playground, again. Your voice has been missed; can't wait to read you, again.

THANKS for the kind words.

now...get 2 write'n

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Louisiana man sentenced to 25 years for burning Black churches Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK MAN WINS INNOVATIVE PATENT Black Money Business Jobs 0
C Black People : If It Ain't About Your Freedom It Ain't About You, Black Woman And Man!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : It Compromise Not, The Divine Truth I Share With You, Black Woman And Man!!! Black People Open Forum 11
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Black man sues American Airlines for discrimination after he was removed from plane over dog allergy Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : How a black man ‘outsmarted’ a neo-Nazi group and became their new leader Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Chicago Black Man Is Shot on Facebook Live While Campaigning For Political Candidate Black People Politics 0
Destee Black People : White Woman Blocks Black Man from Entering His Apartment Black People Open Forum 4
Willy Bravo Black Relationships : Never dated a Black Man or Woman? Black Relationships 7
Perfection Black People Politics : A working definition of a “conscious” black man Black People Politics 20
K Africa : the black man, must he make a decision to restore the peace of Africa All Things Africa 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Jury awards $289M to a black man who blames Roundup for cancer Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : White man killed a black father in front of his children over parking charged with manslaughter Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 8
Destee Black People Politics : Trump's Obsession with Obama - Has a White Man Been More Obsessed with a Black Man Before? Black People Politics 5
Destee Black People Politics : Give a black man a job (@BarackObama this time) and white men will get mad Black People Politics 1
IFE Black People : Black Man Praised After Slapping White Woman For Calling Him A Ni**er Black People Open Forum 113
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Black Man Praised After Slapping White Woman For Calling Him A Ni**er Black Entertainment 8
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : white man walks free but black man gets 30 yrs.... Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : man-sentenced-15-years-for-shooting-black-lives-matter-activists Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Race in America: White Veteran Kills Black Man in NYC to 'Make A Statement' Black People Politics 25
Destee The Police : Paris police say rape of black man an 'accident' Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Black woman arrested in Texas after calling police about a man assaulting her son Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : White Man Accused Of Killing Black Teen Who Bumped Into Him Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : black man-arrested-after-calling-cops-on-pervert Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Liberty Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : 10 Hairstyles From the ’90s Every Black Man Rocked Back in the Day Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
IFE Black Entertainment : Black men, you failed your fellow black man, Nate Parker Black Entertainment 48
jamesfrmphilly Health and Wellness : five-signs-black-man-has-depression Black Health and Wellness 6
Chevron Dove Black People : A white officer said she was shot by a black man. Then her story started to unravel. Black People Open Forum 2
sekou kasimu The Police : Tulsa, OK. Police Shoot Unarmed Black Man. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 10
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : black-man-shot-by-cops-after-calling-police-to-report-robbery Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Watch: White Man Gets Stomped Out by Black Woman on the Metro After He Calls Her the N-Word [Video] Black Entertainment 12
Energy Black Spirituality Religion : Is The Bible The Black man's History Book? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Chidike Law Forum : 38-Year-Old Black Man Found Hanged in Tree in Ohio, Authorities Call It a Suicide Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
serious brother Black Spirituality Religion : Simple Proof --- Jesus was a black man Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 88
Liberty Black Entertainment : Taye Diggs Joins the Game Show Host Circuit, Which Is Apparently Becoming a Black Man's Domain Black Entertainment 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : Don Cheadle's Miles Davis: The latest 'badass' black man on screen Black Entertainment 6
Liberty Black Relationships : The Angry Black Man/ Woman Trope Black Relationships 47
ASHANTA Black Poetry : A Black Man Shall Rise the Beginning of the End Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Liberty Law Forum : Video Footage Reveals Alabama Cops Shooting & Killing Unarmed Black Man Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Liberty Law Forum : Protests erupt after black man shot by police in Minneapolis Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Aluku Black People Politics : Lying White Liberals(3) - Worst enemy of the black man Black People Politics 1
Liberty Law Forum : Black Man Arrested For Setting Fires To Six Black Churches In St. Louis Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Enki Black People : Black Man Gets His Black Skin removed Black People Open Forum 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Barrington Irving: Youngest Black Man to Fly Around the World “Encourages Students Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Liberty Black Relationships : Confessions Of a Former Self Hating Black Man who Used to Bash Black women on Social Media Black Relationships 215
Liberty Spoken Word : The Definition of a Black Man Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Enki Law Forum : Cop Keeps Job After Threatening To Kill Black Man, Cover It Up Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 9
KMeister Law Forum : New shooting of unarmed black man by Baltimore police Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
RAPTOR South Africa : Big heart: South Africa’s richest black man gives $1.3 billion, half his wealth, to the poor South Africa 0
RAPTOR Law Forum : Black Man Exercises "Stand Your Ground" right In Florida, Did Not Go To Jail Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2