Black Relationships : A bit of advice?

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
I know I'm not a baby, but sometimes I still feel like I get tripped up on the easy stuff just for being too hopefully romantic.:rolleyes:

What I'd like to know, Sisters, is what's some advice you'd give your younger self about men to save yourself trouble and cut through all the nonsense? Some advice you believe would have helped get you right where you wanted with who you wanted just when you needed?

(Sisters answer only, please(that means you @Kemetstry (I MEAN IT! BUTT OUT!)))

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I know I'm not a baby, but sometimes I still feel like I get tripped up on the easy stuff just for being too hopefully romantic.:rolleyes:

What I'd like to know, Sisters, is what's some advice you'd give your younger self about men to save yourself trouble and cut through all the nonsense? Some advice you believe would have helped get you right where you wanted with who you wanted just when you needed?

Then you should have put this in the female only section :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant

lol ... hahahahahaha ... you know telling him not to say something is like putting his name in the title and lovingly ushering him in ... :shame: ... :lol: ... you really wanted him to speak on this, I know it - 'cause you know he cannot help his self ... :love:

My advice would be that everyone make sure you see and have what you want in the relationship ... and that's with anyone, man or woman ... before getting too deep in it. Oftentimes, we will give all of our "bargaining chips" away, long before there is a meeting of the minds. Make sure you hold on to those things until you have what you want (or clear and convincing evidence they can and are willing to deliver). Even then, after getting a signed contract (in blood), you may have to take them to court to live up to their end of the bargain - but at least you have something to show the judge - why you bet everything on this one person. I think this is applicable for both men and women (and all types of engagements) - but women are often more likely to get heavily vested in the deal prior to their actually being a deal / contract ... :wink:

Most important of all though, is to come out of it with your own whole self, if it does not go all the way you want. So make sure you enjoy it everyday and don't remain too long beyond the time you are enjoying it. Some deals fall through, no biggie, but you cannot let it kill you. So in that regard, if you can walk away of your own volition, under your own power, not needing ambulatory assistance - knowing you enjoyed it all of the days, until you did not ... could possibly be considered a win ... :)

Love You Sweetie!

:heart:

Destee

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
knowing you enjoyed it all of the days, until you did not ... could possibly be considered a win
Thank you so much for all that wisdom, Sister @Destee.

you really wanted him to speak on this, I know it - 'cause you know he cannot help his self
I knew he'd see my thread and reply whether I wanted or not, so I thought I'd at least make it funny. :lol:

Thank you again. :love:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Dez Bryant says he’ll play, but maybe “a lil bit later in the year” Black Sports 4
crwn Black People : This Explains Quite A Bit Black People Open Forum 1
Gorilla Science and Technology : How to Protect Yourself from NSA Attacks on 1024-bit DH Science and Technology 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : trevor noah bit..... Black Entertainment 1
RAPTOR Black People Politics : 6 Reasons Why Obama's Clemency Program For Drug Offenders Doesn't Change Mass Incarceration One Bit Black People Politics 17
R Black Poetry : Mind damage a bit but manage to fit rhymes in a microphones This blind domes and leave a shine on ch Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : 50 Cent - Just A Lil Bit Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
1poetsought Quiet Poetry Lounge : BIT PART PLAYER Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Full Speed Audio Video Web Conferencing : Babyface - A Bit Old Fashioned Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Black Entertainment : A little bit of my blues Black Entertainment 2
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : anybody know how bit torrents work? Science and Technology 9
Amnat77 Black Entertainment : Michael Brea, bit-part 'Ugly Betty' actor, says, 'I didn't kill her. ht Black Entertainment 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : After a Little bit of Golden Grain Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
S Black People Politics : Friends Say Drugs Played Only Bit Part for Obama Black People Politics 1
howardtsu Black Poetry : Just a Little Bit More Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
anAfrican Science and Technology : A Bit of Humor Science and Technology 3
D Black Poetry : A little bit closer Part II Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
D Black Poetry : A little bit closer Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 25
I Black Astrology : Brother Aqil.. a bit confused Black Astrology 14
B I need a lil bit of help!!! Black Children 0
HODEE Black Poetry : You bit me Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
E Torn a Bit Black Children 8
D Black Jokes Humor : just a wee bit Black Jokes Humor 4
S Black Poetry : just a litte bit Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
ASHANTA Quiet Poetry Lounge : Hip Hop Proclamation Sacred Order Kill The Black Bit--Death To My Own Family Tree Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
P Black Jokes Humor : May be a bit of an "ist", but its funny Black Jokes Humor 6
M Black Poetry : Township exile...a bit of africa in here... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
S Black Poetry : lil' bit o venting Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
M Black Poetry : A little bit of me! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
S Black Poetry : I don't feel a bit guilty (for my mother/father confessors) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
R Black Poetry : Sex is not a profession could raise complex questions when trouble need advice could end up having a double life now too much rubble wrong price see a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
L Black Parenting : White Imagery - Need some advice Black Parenting 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Eat Less Red Meat, Scientists Said. Now Some Believe That Was Bad Advice Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : North Carolina couple offers relationship advice after marking 82 years of marriage Black Relationships 0
Khasm13 Black Poetry : my advice Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : Does the old testament contain good advice on how to maintain a marriage/relationship? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
R Black Poetry : the advice is wild for my lifestyle like a puppy dogs ears droop pathetic cutes lead to energetic pu Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Uganda : How to Avoid Getting Ill: Uganda President Hasn't Been Sick in 31 Years and Has Some Advice Uganda 0
W Food Discussion : Need advice on nutrition Food Discussion and Recipes 2
Senegal Black Men : Thought Provoking Advice For our Girls and Women Black Men 0
RootWorker Black Parenting : Advice on Dealing with Racist Baby Mama Black Parenting 3
A Black Parenting : Seeking advice from my elders Black Parenting 48
M Black People : Advice Black People Open Forum 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Jokes Humor : Woman’s advice on avoiding a shark attack takes the Internet by storm Black Jokes Humor 7
coltkilla Black People : Any advice or ideas for Black group in Central Illinois area? Black People Open Forum 4
kenji Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : I need advice from an initiate of the Ausar Auset Society Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Weight Loss : Here Is The Simplest Advice For Anyone Trying To Lose Weight Or Eat Healthy Black Health and Wellness 0
writer33 Black Spirituality Religion : Some advice: the universe, existence, God? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 15
queensweet Black Women : To my corporate America sisters. Some advice please. Black Women 0
Asomfwaa Black Relationships : How many men can you go to for relationship advice? Black Relationships 6