Black People : 7-year-old girl killed in Detroit police raid

Seneb

Nov 14, 2007
7-year-old girl killed in Detroit police raid

(CNN) -- Police in Detroit, Michigan, on Sunday expressed "profound sorrow" at the fatal shooting of a 7-year-old girl in a police raid.

Aiyana Jones was shot and killed by police executing a search warrant as part of a homicide investigation, Assistant Chief Ralph Godbee said in a statement.

"This is any parent's worst nightmare," Godbee said. "It also is any police officer's worst nightmare. And today, it is all too real."

The warrant was executed about 12:40 a.m. ET Sunday at a home on the city's east side, Godbee said. Authorities believed the suspect in the Friday shooting death of 17-year-old high school student Jarean Blake was hiding out at the home. Blake was gunned down in front of a store as his girlfriend watched, Godbee said.

"As is common in these types of situations, the officers deployed a distractionary device commonly known as a flash bang," he said in the statement. "The purpose of the device is to temporarily disorient occupants of the house to make it easier for officers to safely gain control of anyone inside and secure the premise."

Upon entering the home, the officer encountered a 46-year-old female inside the front room, Godbee said. "Exactly what happened next is a matter still under investigation, but it appears the officer and the woman had some level of physical contact.

"At about this time, the officer's weapon discharged one round which, tragically, struck 7-year-old Aiyana Stanley Jones in the neck/head area."

Aiyana's father, Charles Jones, told CNN affiliate WDIV, "She was sleeping and they came in the door shooting and throwing flash grenades ... burned my baby up and shot her, killed her."
more at:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/16/michigan.police.child/index.html?hpt=T2

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Note:

33 Million Dollars have already been paid out, i. e, behind homicides/unjustified use of lethal force/ by Detroit Police/via wrongful death lawsuits...

The backdrop is a federal monitor--which even the now discredited former young black mayor had to find funds for-- to pay the person's salary--via a court ordered revamping of the Detroit Police's policies and practices-- as well...

If anything and/or at this late date:

Veteran Michigan U. S. congresspeople--like John Dingell--should be having hearings about the whole sad and sorry mess--by now...

Just don't hold your breaths...

:10500:

OldSoul

Permanent Black Man
PREMIUM MEMBER
May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive
6 years ago I wrote a poem about the "flash bang"

"As is common in these types of situations, the officers deployed a distractionary device commonly known as a flash bang," he said in the statement. "The purpose of the device is to temporarily disorient occupants of the house to make it easier for officers to safely gain control of anyone inside and secure the premise."

Flash Bang Soon

a bang so loud it deafens you
a flash 7 times brighter than the sun.
you don't know what hit you
cant hear, cant see
all you can do is
$hit and pee
some cry or pray
or holla for jesus
sometimes you'll even
catch on fire
and hope that death
will be your rescue.
the flash bang is considered to be
a non-lethal weapon
a pastel of your
government at work.
are you prepared for this at home?

--©5/29/04--

Nasheed

Jan 15, 2008
The Ville in The Lou
Occupation
Otr Truck Driver
How Many More

I read this today on the internet and instantly became ill. It was not only troubling because she was a Precious Baby but because her name is the same as my little girl jus spelled different. I have used Flash Bang grenades in a prior occupation and the upsetting part was the excuse for the discharge of the weapon. Anyone with any knowledge of this weapon will know that based on the excuse that was given by an CNN interview/report was BS. They murdered that Precious Baby and I wanna see all involved tortured, suffering and then left to die in the most horrific way that most minds can fathom and then let mine take over. Not to take away from this story but right after that I saw another report where I saw our Babies hating their skin color. What does it take for us to "Wake The F--- Up!"

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
So so sad my heart drop......what is really going on !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RAPTOR The Police : Cop Who Shot and Killed Sleeping 7-Year-Old Girl No Longer Facing Any Charges Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
L Black People : 5 Year Old Black Girl Killed in Road Rage Shooting Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : 15-Month-Old Girl Was Starved to Death by Dad Connected to Black Supremacist Cult Black People Open Forum 7
IFE Black People Politics : Lawsuit Charges Donald Trump with Raping a 13-Year-Old Girl Black People Politics 5
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : school-officer-fired-after-video-showed-him-body-slamming-a-12-year-old-girl Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Candace Hill - Meet The 16 Year Old Who Just Became U.S.’s Fastest Girl Ever Black Sports 2
S Law Forum : In a possible prelude to Federal charges, Black Twitter goes in on Dwight Howard over 16yr old girl. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 18
Alarm Clock Guinea : New Guinea Villagers protect 18 year old girl, after beheading her father for raping her Guinea 1
legit-writer Black People : 14 Year Old Girl Dies From Heart Attack After ONLY two cans of Energy Drinks Black People Open Forum 7
ru2religious Black People : 15 year old black girl attack by racist in Colorado Black People Open Forum 8
legit-writer Black People : 6 year old girl handcuffed for throwing tantrum Black People Open Forum 5
MsInterpret Black Money Business Jobs : 12 year old girl entrepreneur Black Money Business Jobs 4
Amnat77 Nigeria : Nigerian Islamist Senator Marries a 13-Year Old Egyptian Girl Nigeria 0
MsInterpret Black People : 17 year old girl: I slept with an average of 7 men in a day Black People Open Forum 12
MsInterpret Black Parenting : 9 year old girl wants to be light skinned Black Parenting 5
S Black People : 5 Year Old Birthday Girl Decapitated By Brother Black People Open Forum 6
R Black People : 15 yr old girl punched and pepper sprayed by cop Black People Open Forum 71
G Black People : 14 year old African American girl, given 7 years for pushing a teachers aide Black People Open Forum 6
SpiritualONE Black People : Caucasian Kills 5 Year Old Black Girl And Judge Free His Butt Black People Open Forum 6
B Black Poetry : a pray of a fifteen year old girl Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
MzBlkAngel Black People : 8yr old girl buried alive in trash bin Black People Open Forum 4
L Black Poetry : go,confused,lonely girl on the beach ,3 non,old lady ,violin,what a day.. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
K Black Relationships : Do you think it's WRONG for a 16 year old girl to date a 24 year old man? Black Relationships 47
HODEE Black People Politics : How Many Generations are We in America ( at least 4 or 5 ) - The 14th Amendment is less than 152 years Old.. So the Struggle Must Continue Black People Politics 1
S Ghana : Ghana's EC is just Incorrigible” – Bright Simons Criticizes EC’s Reasons for Refusing Old Voter IDs Ghana 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : What books/tools should a person use to study the old testament? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Video Shows White California Cop Pinning, Punching 14-Year-Old Black Kid Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Voudoun - 10,000 Year Old Religion Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : This 2-year-old surprised everyone with her beautiful singing voice Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Breaddaily832 Black Men : Is 12yrs Old too young??? Black Men 11
SlickBeast Black Money Business Jobs : How to make about $2 a day (about $700 a year) with four old android phones or very cheap phones. Black Money Business Jobs 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : 2 billion-year-old water in South Africa may hold answers to Mars mysteries Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Alelia Murphy, the oldest living person in US dies at 114 years old African American History Culture 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Powerlifting 82-year-old grandma fends off intruder: 'I'm old, I'm alone, but guess what? I'm tough' Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : White Americans’ Hold on Wealth Is Old, Deep, and Nearly Unshakeable Black People Politics 14
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Children : 10-year-old boy charged with assault after dodgeball injury: 'Our kids are racially targeted' Black Children 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Stolen 400-year-old Bible from Pittsburgh's Carnegie Library recovered in Netherlands Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : 22-year-old woman makes history with college football scholarship: 'Be so good they can't ignore you Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : 83 year old gains Ph.D...... Black People Doing Positive Things 0
OldSoul Black People : Trevor Noah Interviews His 91-Year-Old Grandma About Apartheid Black People Open Forum 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Postal service responds to 7-year-old boy who sent 'letter to dad in heaven' Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Perfection Black People Politics : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ Aunt Jemima Explained--Old South, Absent Mistress, and the Slave in a Box Black People Politics 0
Queenie African American History Culture : Black Women of the Old West African American History Culture 8
OldSoul Black People : 'When It Comes To Black People, I Think They’re All Ugly,' Says 16-Year-Old African-American Black People Open Forum 5
A Black Spirituality Religion : Does the old testament contain good advice on how to maintain a marriage/relationship? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : What scriptures from the old testament should a person read to become a better man? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Nia Imani Franklin, the 23-year-old Miss New York, won the title of Miss America 2019 Black People Doing Positive Things 1
DigitallyBlack Black Picture Image Gallery : Train up a child in the way s/he should go: and when s/he is old, s/he will not depart from it. Black Picture Image Gallery 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : T.I. develops his old hood.... Black People Doing Positive Things 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : How should a beginner approach the old testament? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4