Black Positive People : 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE MARCH ON WASHINGTON

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
Justmarie said:
I listened to all those people talk yesterday and I came to the conclusion that maybe in oir current state thats all we can obtain is hope. I dont see the ambition that was present 50 years ago for change. I think that since we have become so innograted as a nation that there is a presure for assimulation. I can be ammited that a lot of those causes were not on the agenda 50 years ago.Im young and dumber than ill admit, but I can not see any progression for the so called african american man if he does not first step back and Identify himself. To create a community where he can persure his american dream where he can prosper and build prosperous family. Admittly im about200 years behind my time, but segreation was not without its benifit. Without our own systems there will never be equality​
True

And even Dr King himself said that , but no one had the manhood to repeat it at the march!
bump

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Justmarie said:
I listened to all those people talk yesterday and I came to the conclusion that maybe in oir current state thats all we can obtain is hope. I dont see the ambition that was present 50 years ago for change. I think that since we have become so innograted as a nation that there is a presure for assimulation. I can be ammited that a lot of those causes were not on the agenda 50 years ago.Im young and dumber than ill admit, but I can not see any progression for the so called african american man if he does not first step back and Identify himself. To create a community where he can persure his american dream where he can prosper and build prosperous family. Admittly im about200 years behind my time, but segreation was not without its benifit. Without our own systems there will never be equality​
True

And even Dr King himself said that , but no one had the manhood to repeat it at the march!

Brother, I'm getting ready to say good night, we'll take this up later today, okay?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Rep. John Lewis Remembers Historic March on Washington

ABC News - Rep. John Lewis Remembers Historic March on Washington (ABC News)

Nearly 50 years after the March on Washington, the sole surviving speaker from that day, Democratic Rep. John Lewis of Georgia, spoke with ABC's Byron Pitts about the pivotal event, recalling the moment he knew the day would live forever in American history.
"When I…stepped to the podium I saw hundreds and hundreds of young people," Lewis recalled during an interview for "This Week."
"And I said to myself, 'this is it,'" he remembered.

suggested reading:
http://gma.yahoo.com/rep-john-lewis-remembers-historic-march-washington-151654817--abc-news-topstories.html

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly