Black Positive People : 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE MARCH ON WASHINGTON

Justmarie

Aug 21, 2013
I listened to all those people talk yesterday and I came to the conclusion that maybe in oir current state thats all we can obtain is hope. I dont see the ambition that was present 50 years ago for change. I think that since we have become so innograted as a nation that there is a presure for assimulation. I can be ammited that a lot of those causes were not on the agenda 50 years ago.Im young and dumber than ill admit, but I can not see any progression for the so called african american man if he does not first step back and Identify himself. To create a community where he can persure his american dream where he can prosper and build prosperous family. Admittly im about200 years behind my time, but segreation was not without its benifit. Without our own systems there will never be equality

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
I listened to all those people talk yesterday and I came to the conclusion that maybe in oir current state thats all we can obtain is hope. I dont see the ambition that was present 50 years ago for change. I think that since we have become so innograted as a nation that there is a presure for assimulation. I can be ammited that a lot of those causes were not on the agenda 50 years ago.Im young and dumber than ill admit, but I can not see any progression for the so called african american man if he does not first step back and Identify himself. To create a community where he can persure his american dream where he can prosper and build prosperous family. Admittly im about200 years behind my time, but segreation was not without its benifit. Without our own systems there will never be equality
True

And even Dr KIng himself said that , but no one had the manhood to repeat it at the march!

Justmarie

Aug 21, 2013
Its not pc to say youre black and proud. We are lead to believe it is progressive to be african american. Another ingrdiant in the melting pot. A subculture of amercas bastard lazy teenagers wondering around aimlessly with there hand out.standing for nothing and falling for everything.

Justmarie

Aug 21, 2013
You would expect someone to be inspired. To change america for the better. I concluded the march to be just a demomstration of how we are moving foward. To say the least, 50 years ago all of those people would not have been able to speak. Now im looking for movment

Kadijah

Banned
Apr 7, 2013
AUGUST 28, 1963 - March on Washington

"It was right... It was time; there needed to be a crescendo... It was one of the most unforgettable moments of my life."
~Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton

"I found Dr. King most engaging and he awakened my sensibilities to activism..."
~Harry Belafonte

"When an individual is protesting society's refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him"
~Bayard Rustin, architect of the March

"No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream."
~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Any of this sound like the March was about politicians like the POTUS hugging up with noted speakers? Any of this sound like President Obama is the culmination of those 250,000 people's reason and rationale for congregating? That with his election, we overcame and no longer have to protest because justice now rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream?
Excerpts from Dr. King's "I have a dream" speech, 1963

In a sense we have come to our nation's capital to cash a check.

we have come to cash this check -- a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. (i.e., bleed, suffer and wait 10, 20, 30 generations to be free)

Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

When will you be satisfied?"
We can never be satisfied as long as a Negro in Mississippi cannot vote and a Negro in New York believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

Anyone STILL believe Martin would be down for a photo Op with the first black president?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
True

And even Dr KIng himself said that , but no one had the manhood to repeat it at the march!

:facepalm: ... But he didn't say it at the March in 1963 Alarm Clock, did he brother? You are out of context and out of sync.

If we were in the Ring boxing, the referee would call you for a below the belt punch :rofl:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Although this hypothetical question is posthumous as well, and borders on the absurd:

Anyone STILL believe Martin would be down for a photo Op with the first black president?

I'll be that person to say yes, Martin would embrace Mr. Obama.

Excerpts from Dr. King's "I have a dream" speech, 1963

In a sense we have come to our nation's capital to cash a check.

we have come to cash this check -- a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind America of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. (i.e., bleed, suffer and wait 10, 20, 30 generations to be free)

Nineteen sixty-three is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that the Negro needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the nation returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility in America until the Negro is granted his citizenship rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our nation until the bright day of justice emerges.

When will you be satisfied?"
We can never be satisfied as long as a Negro in Mississippi cannot vote and a Negro in New York believes he has nothing for which to vote. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
:facepalm: ... But he didn't say it at the March in 1963 Alarm Clock, did he brother? You are out of context and out of sync.

If we were in the Ring boxing, the referee would call you for a below the belt punch :rofl:
no once again you are out of line cause I was responding to someone, so why the disrution bruh??

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013

Justmarie said:
I listened to all those people talk yesterday and I came to the conclusion that maybe in oir current state thats all we can obtain is hope. I dont see the ambition that was present 50 years ago for change. I think that since we have become so innograted as a nation that there is a presure for assimulation. I can be ammited that a lot of those causes were not on the agenda 50 years ago.Im young and dumber than ill admit, but I can not see any progression for the so called african american man if he does not first step back and Identify himself. To create a community where he can persure his american dream where he can prosper and build prosperous family. Admittly im about200 years behind my time, but segreation was not without its benifit. Without our own systems there will never be equality​
True

And even Dr King himself said that , but no one had the manhood to repeat it at the march!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??
Lon
Trying to find my way around on this forum. It's not User Friendly
Happily Married and doing well❤