The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
OK the march has occurred, now what do you think will transpire after? What will definitely be achieved, as legislature was definitely achieved from the march held by Dr King?

Or what do you think this will force the president to do, as the first one forced Johnson to sign civil rights legislature!?

Justmarie

Aug 21, 2013
What can the president do anymore?His powers are limited by congress and the courts. The presidents job falls off somewhere after being well spoken and looking good in a suit. What ia the people going to do? From my experience nothing. Lay and await for someone to make a difference.

OK the march has occurred, now what do you think will transpire after? What will definitely be achieved, as legislature was definitely achieved from the march held by Dr King?

Or what do you think this will force the president to do, as the first one forced Johnson to sign civil rights legislature!?

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
STAFF
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.

What do you want to see done?

Peace!

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
What can the president do anymore?His powers are limited by congress and the courts. The presidents job falls off somewhere after being well spoken and looking good in a suit. What ia the people going to do? From my experience nothing. Lay and await for someone to make a difference.
See this is where the criclic conversation comes in!

I dont knw if you have read my initial question and then my response but for the sake of clarity!

My question was what was the major concerns of the march, what was the agenda.

Then I stated that each and everything on the agenda can be put into place by executive order from the president without the need of approval from the house or senate..
And I stated that I would be willing to prove that once someone lists what they understand are the agenda items of the march demands!

Do understand that the powers and responsiblities of the president of the United States,
have not changed (other then more powers) since the presidency of Lyndon Baines Johnson, just cause the present president is Black!

Dr King, Bayard Rustin and A Phillip Randolph, never said

"Oh LBJ cant do this or cant do that, he is limited by>>>"
No they knew exactly what he could do and they forced him to do it via the march, and more then likely, proposed boycotts as well!

Action
1963 Over 200,000 people gather in Washington, D.C. on August 28 as part of the March on Washington, an unprecedented demonstration demanding civil rights and equal opportunity for African Americans.

Reaction
1 On January 8, President Lyndon Johnson in his first State of the Union Address declares unconditional war on poverty in America, thus initiating a broad array of government programs designed to assist the poorest citizens of the nation including a disproportionate number of African Americans.

2 The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is passed by Congress on July 2. The act bans discrimination in all public accommodations and by employers. It also establishes the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC) to monitor compliance with the law

3 On August 20, President Lyndon Johnson signs the Economic Opportunity Act, initiating the federally-sponsored War on Poverty. The act includes Head Start, Upward Bound, and Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA).
http://www.blackpast.org/?q=timelines/african-american-history-timeline-1900-2000

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

If you had paid attention to the program yesterday, you'd know what the agenda is now.

But you want to test drive the car without driving it; this is absurd Alarm Clock.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Welcome to Destee.com Justmarie, and thanks for jumping right in, with both feet, lol. Enjoy your stay with us.

Alarm Clock

May 6, 2013
If you had paid attention to the program yesterday, you'd know what the agenda is now.

But you want to test drive the car without driving it; this is absurd Alarm Clock.
Why the shucking and jiving brother

I asked Enki that question! You never watched grown people talk on television?

Suppose I ask a supporter of the march, what they think or expect the outcome to be, me as a non supporter or maybe even undecided or ambivalent and the person responds on telvision in front of millions of people

"What do you want to happen?"

What do you think the listening audience would say????

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Why the shucking and jiving brother

I asked Enki that question! You never watched grown people talk on television?

Suppose I ask a supporter of the march, what they think or expect the outcome to be, me as a non supporter or maybe even undecided or ambivalent and the person responds on telvision in front of millions of people

"What do you want to happen?"

What do you think the listening audience would say????

Step back, take deep breath and get your thoughts together, you are rambling now.

And get away from the hypothetical, and get real, agitation is happening, in real time; and quit blowing cannon fodder about this, Alarm Clock.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.