Amun-Ra : $50,000 Wedding Ain't Worth It!

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Mixed Marriages

My information on mixed martiages fail at a lower reate than others--the reasons behind it are complex--part of it has to do with showing the public that it will work and that most couples entering these unions are doing so with their eyes wide open and are expecting some adversity and are more prepared for it--Ra

:confused:

UbZoRbShUn

Apr 2, 2001
------------
Occupation
-----------
Ra my grandmomma tole me when i was gettin marriet

not to go into debt. so that's why me and hubby paid for the thing ourselves. My momma bought my cake (hook up from her baker friend) I did the food you know wings, meatballs, veggies, patties, rice, bread small stuff like that, had sparkling cider, we bought our rings at one time and put them sukaz on lay away, got married at my church so we didn't have to break the pastor off, got the hook up on the weddin dress, bought it in the country for like 150, got the hook up on the brides maids dresses, hooked up on the flowers cause the flower man went to the chrurch, daddy did the pictures, best friend did the video and we had a hell of a time.....50 g's my ***

ZeroGravity

Jul 12, 2002
Atlanta
Occupation
System Administrator
When you get some time ...

could you expand on the reasoning behind the mixed-marriages divorce rates being somewhat lower than others. I follow you on the couple going into it with open eyes, but I thought most people enter marriage with their eyes somewhat open. Anyway, whenever you feel like talking bout it more indepth...

UbZoRbShUn
You didn't have to pay for the Pastor/Church? Most churches now (at least the ones in Ga) wants to charge MEMBERS big dollars for wedding ceremonies...and I'm not talking chump-change either :)

UbZoRbShUn

Apr 2, 2001
------------
Occupation
-----------
not one red cent and I live rhet here in Atlanta, if you paying big grip then you must not be a member of that church... see people all caught up in the bling bling. hell when i got married we didn't know what bling bling was ('92)... you know gold was still in ha ha ha

ZeroGravity

Jul 12, 2002
Atlanta
Occupation
System Administrator
Oh ... '92

that explains it! ... in the past 2-3 years, maybe as far back as 5, I've known a few couples getting married and are members of the church and they had to pay BIG dollar$ to their church for the wedding ceremonies to be held there.

I was just curious :)

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
see marriage is about the bond , the love in heart
the vows ...........today everybody on the money stuff
trying to have the best wedding in town but
what about the true love of vows posed unto one another
not that 700.00 dress for one hour and the cake for 200.00
to slice up and the big fancy limo ....what !!! give me my own car
weddings should be kept simple and sweet as once was
not this madness being posed today .......mannnnnnnnnnn!!
next it will cost ya arm , leg, house,car , and ya heart..........

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Showing Out

If you aren't wealthy, a $50,000 wedding seems extravagant for such a shaky proposition. I've been to them and they are nice. I've been to one that cost even more and they are nicer, but the bottom line is the marriage and the cheap ones and the extravagant ones fail at the same rate. It would seem a good time to cut your losses. Now, for my sexist comment. Women have been conditioned to have a big fairy tale wedding. It starts from the moment they are born and continues until they go to the grave. American movies and advertising (the diamond industry, flower industry, gown industry, vacation industry, etc.) all have a stake in making this part of a woman's dream. It is the ultimate romantic fairy tale. Diamonds aren't forever for men. Tuxedos are rentable and look the same--unless we go ghetto fabalus (green, pink or yellow). Everything centers on the woman. It is a woman's thing although the marriage is certainly important to both, but it is marketed almost solely to women.

Ra

:heart:

Amun-Ra

Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
With Their Eyes Open

I meant they have their eyes open to how difficult it will be as a mixed couple. You are right, all couples go into their marriages with their eyes open, but a mixed couple must also be aware of more things than will affect their marriage that have nothing to do with their romance or relationship, or maybe that should be that has everything to do with their romance and relationship.

Ra

;)

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
is it because of the mix race and how other family member or friends even people see them as or lable them to be self destruct
at any cost the high price and the vow of love is now a twisted myth!

MzBlkAngel

Aug 26, 2003
somewhere ova da rainbow....
to me vows are a very beautiful
and opening of a heart and soul
combining as one…feelin complete
what happen to love each other
not try to out do your
best friends wedding
..but now and
days the cost is more
important..i had a friend get
married this pass
summer she paid 1500.00 for her grown
she only can
wear once…and the party after
wards was very nice..and all the money they spent
instead of rentin a house
they could of purchased a house....but
now they yellin divorce….after 6 months....
me i dont see no sense in all that...

Live Sunday 12 Noon ET!

Brother OldSoul - Consciousness Raising Online

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: