2nd April column - SARS

Gary C. Booker

Apr 27, 2003
Occupation
Freelance Writer, Researcher
THE MANTIDOTE
April 23, 2003

I have read several arguments on the cases of Biological warfare from those presented by the Pentagon, to conspiracy theorists, to right-wing political figures, to religious fanatics, on to those who I cannot describe with any other word but weird. Honestly, I’ll be the first to admit that I need to conduct more research, but my fears of bio-terrorism have nothing to do with Al-Queda. I’m worried about a domestic source of bio-terrorism more than anything.

What I am speaking on now is the Severe Acute Resperatory Syndrome (SARS) disease. Whilst it would be unwise for me to say anything concrete about the SARS virus in which the public still knows little about, I am not going to dismiss the possibility of any of the Neo-imperialist governments using SARS as a way of weakening the populations of Asia. The political reasons are there.

1. Population control weakens a country’s ability to produce a strong military. American unilateral militarism is on the rise and it’s effectiveness in striking fear in world policy is the absence of another superpower. If another nation becomes a superpower with the ability to offer the United States competition, then a cold war like crisis could arise again. The number one potential country in Asia to become the next superpower is guess what country who’s economy is booming? That’s right… THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA. And who has been affected by SARS the most, so far?

2. Several insurrections breaking out at once could hurt American corporations in foreign countries who are exploiting the human rights people to produce cheap products. The mainstream mass media is quick to tell about Indonesian anti-American sentiment but tells little to nothing about the corporate terrorism from American corporations to contribute to it. Several corporations, including Nike, have sweatshops in Asian countries like Indonesia. Their economy is too damaged to provide the healthcare needed to thwart an epidemic like SARS and aid from the US is the perfect form of keeping Southeast Asian governments subordinate to US foreign policy (which is the only disease that is spreading throughout the world faster than AIDS and SARS and is misunderstood by Americans more than both).
If the SARS Virus hits the Caribbean, then they will have both AIDS and SARS to deal with in an extremely downtrodden economy. Cuba and Haiti’s economies have been made even worse from US sanctions. If Cuba is hit with SARS as it has been hit with AIDS, it will put even more pressure on the government of Fidel Castro to solve a problem in which it is without resource to solve, which is what the US government wants.

Scientific data about the SARS disease remains nebulous. Right now, the Center for Disease Control believes that the Corona Virus is the cause of SARS. Considering the political climate within the world created by the US’s so called war on terrorism, it did not take long for the speculations of whether or not the virus is man made to arise. This is where I have to show reservation. It is too early to put a concrete theory on exactly how this virus originated, but I will say this… BETTER SAFE, THAN SORRY Do not forget that this virus could very well be engineered not by Al-Queda, but right here in your own backyard by the governments you have been raised to trust. It’s happened before. It is confirmed by the academics that the former South Africa APARTHEID experimented heavily with bio-warfare agents used to control the Bantu population. The US government and several European governments had connections with APARTHEID for a very long time until international human rights organizations began to embarrass them. By the way, the so-called Post APARTHEID government acquitted Dr. Wouter Basson, head of Apartheid’s “Operation Coast” bio-warfare program of all that he was responsible for that contributed to the death of several Africans and still roams a free man.

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
yes ever so true i have watched it this SARS

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TotalView Quiet Poetry Lounge : remembering april 2nd Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
HODEE Black People Politics : Donald Trump's answer on what he would do in a 2nd term is literally unintelligible Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : How Slave Owners Dictated the Language of the 2nd Amendment Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Senegal Gun Ownership : The Ugly Truth About The 2nd Amendment Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Who was the 2nd Pope & involved in incest? AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Hornet (Wasp): the 2nd Exodus AACOOLDRE 0
Heartbeat Black People : Exercising your 2nd Amendment Rights? Black People Open Forum 18
legit-writer Black People : George Zimmerman Charged With 2nd Degree Murder Black People Open Forum 7
Knowledge Seed Black People : Black Power: Ex-NBA player becomes Wendy's 2nd biggest Franchisee Black People Open Forum 3
cherryblossom Black Positive People : 2nd Annual "Girls Who Rule The World" Mentoring Weekend Black People Doing Positive Things 2
S Black People : Getting serious about 2nd languages.. Black People Open Forum 4
S Haiti : NEWS: Haiti had the 2nd highest econ. growth rate in the western hemisphere Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 5
S Black People : Blogging While Brown 2nd annual conference Black People Open Forum 0
T Black People : Harvard set to bar 2nd from graduation Black People Open Forum 2
G Black People : CHANGING LIFE – A New Model For Africans-2nd Garvey Birthday Celebration Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Black Haiku : Vaniku 2nd installment of life Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
K Black Poetry : 2nd Time Around. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Destee Mwalimu Baruti Every 2nd Tuesday @ 9 pm ET Online Classes - Be a Teacher! 13
P Black Sports : October 2nd: Big Fight Night! Black Sports 12
D Black Spirituality Religion : 2nd coming Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
C Quiet Poetry Lounge : The Coming of Rapture: the 2nd rendition Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
T Black Poetry : 2nd childhood Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
M Black Poetry : OOH EYES SHOW ME THE TRUTH(2nd.edit) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
B Black Poetry : This must be love....(2nd poem y'all, please dont hesitate to elaborate on it) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
B Black Poetry : (The 2nd Night Of Sleeping) - Nocturnal Dreams Continued Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
J Black Poetry : 2nd to maybe just two. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
$$RICH$$ Black Entertainment : BET 2nd AWARDS Black Entertainment 2
L Black Poetry : Caught Between 1st & 2nd Thoughts Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Sarah Sanders says CNN's April Ryan has called for her to 'be decapitated' Black People Politics 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : cnn-hires-april-ryan-political-analyst Black People Doing Positive Things 0
S Black People : 582 Sex offenses.. 386 Sexual Assaults, 41 Child Family sex abuse cases (through April) in Chicago. Black People Open Forum 1
S Black People : CHIRAQ: 94 people, from 4 to 69 years old, shot over the last 9 days of April 2016. Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Black People Politics : The 9 African-American Candidates to Watch on April 26 2016 Black People Politics 0
S Black People : 15 shot yesterday (April 19th) in Chicago Black People Open Forum 10
nilevalley African American History Culture : Slavery officially ended in Washington, D.C. - It happened this day April 16th in Black History African American History Culture 0
nilevalley Black Ancestors : Jackie Robinson - made Black history on April 15, 1947 Honoring Black Ancestors 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Consciousness Raising OnLine - April 20 Noon ET @ DesteeLive OldSoul 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Consciousness Raising OnLine - April 13 - Noon ET - DesteeLive OldSoul 3
Destee Black People : What's the Story Behind April Fool's Day ... ?? ... Why not June or July Fool's Day? Black People Open Forum 4
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Maxwell Live! April.16.1997 Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Doo Doo Wap Is Strong In Here - Sunday April 28 Noon ET OldSoul 2
legit-writer Black People : April Fools' Pranks Black People Open Forum 0
legit-writer Black People : Micheal Baisden Going Off The Air April 1st Black People Open Forum 2
S Black Spirituality Religion : The Collected April 12th posts of Fine Nineteen Fifty Two. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
R Black Poetry : BIKE CLASSIC 29 APRIL THRU 1 MAY 2011 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : BIKE WEEK IN VIRGINIA BEACH APRIL 16 TO 24 WE BALLING Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
T Black People : FREE APRIL GRIFFIN Black People Open Forum 64
T Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : World Natural Hair Health and Beauty Show in April Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 1
watzinaname Black Poetry : It Sure Did Rain A Lot in April, Didn't It? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
watzinaname Sister's Only Chat : Sister Chat, Monday, April 30, 2007, 8PM to 10PM EST, Voice Chat Classroom Black Women 0