Law Forum : 12-year-old Tamir Rice death by homicide-Justified - No True Bill

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Tamir Rice,

The police's story about the shooting of 12-year-old Tamir Rice doesn't match the video

Cleveland Police officials told a different story about what happened to Tamir Rice, the 12-year-old shot and killed by a Cleveland Police officer over the weekend of November 22, than what's visible in the available video footage of the shooting.

MSNBC's Chris Hayes broke down some the discrepancies between the police's side of the story and what actually happened, and what can be seen in the video surveillance footage released by police a couple days after the shooting.

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/3/7326243/tamir-rice-police-contradictions

click for videos and graphs

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Cleveland Cop in Toy Gun Killing Resigned From Previous Job After 'Dismal' Handgun Performance, According to Files

The Cleveland police officer under investigation for the fatal shooting of a 12-year-old boy last month resigned from his previous job as a police officer after his superiors determined he had emotional maturity issues, an inability to manage stress and “dismal” performance in firearms training, according to a 2012 personnel file made public Wednesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/cleveland-cop-toy-gun-killing-resigned-previous-job-224232060--abc-news-topstories.html

(ABC News)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Based on the below, the Grand Jury should render a True Bill in the Rice case, lets see Framily ...

Justice Department findings on Cleveland police

In a report Thursday, the U.S. Justice Department concluded Cleveland police officers too often violate people's civil rights because of inadequate training and a lack of supervision and accountability. Some of the findings:

— Officers fired guns at people who did not pose "an immediate threat of death or serious bodily injury to officers or others."

Read more

http://news.yahoo.com/justice-department-findings-cleveland-police-075058749.html

:facepalm:

— The department is often antagonistic toward the community it serves. A large sign hanging in one station identified it as a "forward operating base," a war zone military term.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Family of boy shot dead by Cleveland officer sues

CLEVELAND (AP) — The family of a 12-year-old who had a pellet gun when he was shot by a Cleveland police officer filed a wrongful death lawsuit Friday, saying two officers acted recklessly when they confronted the boy in a terrifying manner and fired within seconds.

The federal lawsuit filed against the city and the two officers also said the officers waited four minutes before anyone provided medical help to Tamir Rice after he was shot outside a city recreation center.

http://news.yahoo.com/city-settled-suit-vs-cleveland-officers-partner-165051481.html

This fake handgun taken from 12-year-old Tamir Rice, who was fatally shot by Cleveland police over the weekend, is displayed after a news conference Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2014. The 12-year-old was shot at a city park after he reportedly pulled the Colt 1911 replica on arriving officers. (AP Photo/Mark Duncan)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

There have been so many Black unarmed deaths recently Framily, this is about Akai Gurley, shot in the stairwell by an Asian cop, supposedly by accident :facepalm:

NYPD shooting victim’s family: Stay away, Sharpton!

Akai Gurley's mother Sylvia PalmerPhoto: Paul Martinka

The family of police-shooting victim Akai Gurley had a message on Friday for the Rev. Al Sharpton: Keep your “circus” away from his funeral!

The blowhard opportunist muscled his way into the arrangements — and even put out press releases promising to deliver the eulogy — without ever consulting the family or offering to foot the bill.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/05/cop-shoot-victims-family-stay-away-sharpton/

Akai Gurley Photo: Facebook

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: