Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
You killing me over hear. I'm laughing so hard. I'm not gone ask if he was really banned.

Happy New Year

They gone Sister ... and they problee won't be alone.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Obesity is not healthy, and should not be exalted as something our ladies should inspire to be. My view has nothing to do with appearances, because I have seen quite a few sisters who can carry their weight well. My main worry is that our ladies' obesity rates contribute to their higher illness rates in various diseases that obesity is considered a contributing factor. By trying to claim the problem as a positive, we are not dealing with a problem that causes major health issues among our women.

I did not see his picture, so I do not have a clue what he displayed that was disrespectful. The manner in which he wrote his post could have been far more diplomatic and less hyperbolic, but the general idea of the post rings true.

I get your point, and if you want to talk about health and such, you're welcome to do so in the Health Forum.

This thread is in the Spirituality / Religion Forum because Brother Perfection thinks on this different than most.

Since I'm aware of his positioning, and willing to allow him this space ... please respect it.

Additionally, this community is not the place to air your issues with Sisters or Brothers.

There are a bunch of Sisters that could be considered overweight.

Just as there are a bunch of Brothers that could be considered something negative.

This is not the place for negative generalizations of us.

There are plenty of places on the Internet for that, if that's what you want.

Destee

Hermetic

May 30, 2015
I get your point, and if you want to talk about health and such, you're welcome to do so in the Health Forum.

This thread is in the Spirituality / Religion Forum because Brother Perfection thinks on this different than most.

Since I'm aware of his positioning, and willing to allow him this space ... please respect it.

Additionally, this community is not the place to air your issues with Sisters or Brothers.

There are a bunch of Sisters that could be considered overweight.

Just as there are a bunch of Brothers that could be considered something negative.

This is not the place for negative generalizations of us.

There are plenty of places on the Internet for that, if that's what you want.

Destee
In what way did I air any issues that I had with brothers or sisters? Nothing I stated was derogatory or accusatory? I find nothing in my post that is a negative generalization. Please point it out to me so that I can see where I may have misspoke?

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
Brotha Perfection in the house like a breath of fresh air.:toast:

While I understand certain concerns towards the health of black females, and black people in general, in terms of our sometimes less than healthy diets, what needs to be understood here is that there's no one encouraging anyone to be unhealthy, but simply a Brotha appreciating full body Sistahs for all they are.

A sistah being confident in herself and unashamed of her body does not mean she's not taking care of herself or watching her weight. I've had sistahs in my family work really hard at managing their weight, especially after having children, and a few insensitive people thought it was their place to make unnecessary comments on how they should "start" taking care of their bodies just because they weren't "skinny". These people assumed just because they weren't crying over a salad, but were instead going about life happily, dressing themselves beautifully, and eating full meals, that somehow meant they weren't hitting the gym, eating healthy foods, or keeping up with their health.

To me, looking at their bodies as beautiful doesn't say we aren't addressing a problem, but instead not letting body image problems cripple us, like it does with other races of women.

Reactions: IFE

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
Obesity is not healthy, and should not be exalted as something our ladies should inspire to be. My view has nothing to do with appearances, because I have sisters who can carry their weight well. My main worry is that our ladies' obesity rates contribute to their higher illness rates in various diseases that obesity is considered a contributing factor. By trying to claim the problem as a positive, we are not dealing with a problem that causes major health issues among our seen quite a fewwomen.

I did not see his picture, so I do not have a clue what he displayed that was disrespectful. The manner in which he wrote his post could have been far more diplomatic and less hyperbolic, but the general idea of the post rings true.
Before we begin, may I first extend my heartfelt appreciation to the Honorable Queen Destee. She has always from the start understood my work's intention and allowed me space --in her lovely Garden-- to express it. Thank you beautiful Queen.

OK, now to the comments above. It is your position that "obesity is not healthy." On those four words alone, let me put on the table what you are subconsciously suggesting:

1) That you know what "obesity" really means

2) That you associate "obesity" with being unhealty

3) That you associate "obesity" with unattractiveness

Of course we all will allow the benefit of the doubt and assume you are altruistic in your intentions on the obesity subject matter. With that said, we are prepared to show how "obesity" doesn't even exist as it relates to Black Women. Peep, I'll take it even further than that. Based on the level of data I'm sitting on, I have confidence to say unequivocally that what you perceive as "obesity" has, strictly speaking, absolutely nothing to do with health and everything to do with beauty, Majesty and courage of Black Women.

Would you like to engage with me on the issue of Black Women and obesity my dear Brotha?

Last edited:

Hermetic

May 30, 2015
Before we begin, may I first extend my heartfelt appreciation to the Honorable Queen Destee. She has always from the start understood my work's intention and allowed me space --in her lovely Garden-- to express it. Thank you beautiful Queen.

OK, now to the comments above. It is your position that "obesity is not healthy." On those four words alone, let me put on the table what you are subconsciously suggesting:

1) That you know what "obesity" really means

2) That you associate "obesity" with being unhealty

3) That you associate "obesity" with unattractiveness

Of course we all will allow the benefit of the doubt and assume you are altruistic in your intentions on the obesity subject matter. With that said, we are prepared to show how "obesity" doesn't even exist as it relates to Black Women. Peep, I'll take it even further than that. Based on the level of data I'm sitting on, I have confidence to say unequivocally that what you perceive as "obesity" has, strictly speaking, absolutely nothing to do with health and everything to do with beauty, Majesty and courage of Black Women.

Would you like to engage with me on the issue of Black Women and obesity my dear Brotha?

Please do not throw up a Straw Man and then proceed to argue against it. No where in my statements did I say or imply that obesity = unattractive. I actually explicitly stated that I have seen plenty of sisters who can carry their weight well, meaning that I have seen plenty of sisters who are obese but are still pleasing to the eye to me. The second one you are correct in stating that I consider "obesity" unhealthy and should not be exalted and a desired state of being.

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
Please do not throw up a Straw Man and then proceed to argue against it. No where in my statements did I say or imply that obesity = unattractive. I actually explicitly stated that I have seen plenty of sisters who can carry their weight well, meaning that I have seen plenty of sisters who are obese but are still pleasing to the eye to me. The second one you are correct in stating that I consider "obesity" unhealthy and should not be exalted and a desired state of being.
My apologies, please pardon me as I don't wanna write anything you didn't say. Also, let's be mindful we're just having a discussion so let's you and I maintain a peaceful tone like we're doing. When it gets hot--because it will-- let's just remember we wanna remain calm and chop it up the right way. And by the way, I thank you for your interest in the subject matter and hope your experience here at the Garden has been a pleasant one.

I would like for us to begin with what you wrote:

Obesity is not healthy, and should not be exalted as something our ladies should inspire to be. My view has nothing to do with appearances...

Look closely at what you wrote.

Would you like to revise those comments? Now would be a good time and it won't cost you as much as it will once we start getting deeper into the analysis.

Do you care to revise?

Hermetic

May 30, 2015
My apologies, please pardon me as I don't wanna write anything you didn't say. Also, let's be mindful we're just having a discussion so let's you and I maintain a peaceful tone like we're doing. When it gets hot--because it will-- let's just remember we wanna remain calm and chop it up the right way. And by the way, I thank you for your interest in the subject matter and hope your experience here at the Garden has been a pleasant one.

I would like for us to begin with what you wrote:

Obesity is not healthy, and should not be exalted as something our ladies should inspire to be. My view has nothing to do with appearances...

Look closely at what you wrote.

Would you like to revise those comments? Now would be a good time and it won't cost you as much as it will once we start getting deeper into the analysis.

Do you care to revise?
How about first completing the second sentence in that quoted statement?

"My view has nothing to do with appearances, because I have seen quite a few sisters who can carry their weight well."

In your attempt to create a specific narrative, you seem to be willing to intentionally cut short my statement to support your argument. The entire statement was one sentence, yet you chopped it up in a poor attempt to reinterpret what I have actually written. Where is your integrity?

Also, I find it amazing that someone who actually read the original post I made would love your post, without admonishing you for intentionally quoting my statement out of context.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Implementation and Sustainment
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.