Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations."

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Sis. Angela, from my perspective, we just view things a bit differently on this topic, is all. I hope I didn't upset you.

At the end of a day, we're both doing something, not just sitting on our thumbs. And whatever we do is for good reason--for our people.

Everyone, I'm not trying to be "right" on this and I hope I don't come off as being naive or robotic...marching to the beat of some moronic drum. These are just my opinions; I still have a lot to learn which is why I spend so much time here. I genuinely respect the opinion of people like Sis. @Angela22 and some others here.

But I get it. I could be classified as insane because I keep doing the same thing over and over when it comes to voting and hoping for (not expecting) different results. That's the classic definition of insanity, right? lol What can I say? I'm old and old habits can sometimes be very hard to break.

And, Sis. @Angela22 what I meant earlier by I wasn't judging or name calling was in reference to...you guessed it...our beloved friend @Kemetstry when he referred to Black people as traitors if they refused to vote. I was trying to take the whole thread into context when I wrote my reply; I wasn't referring to you when I wrote that so I apologize if you interpreted it that way.

With respect and admiration
Queenie :heart:

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
Okay, I had to do some reference searching-- Pardom me for a few @Perfection I know this is a thread that you started but, I need to address this insult towards my character from a certain perspective.

You see Kemetstry, this is why I understand what happened to us African American Descendants of Slaves (DOS) in how our ancestors ended up needing help from White Europeans due to this kind of disrespect of HUMAN RIGHTS, such as Freedom of Speech, Women's Rights, and freedom to worship 'god' of our choice and etc. So, yes, I am grateful for the Protestant Movement. Your statement of attack against BLACKS and this CONTROL TACTIC and DOMINATING and OPPRESSIVE actions, speaks to why the African continent and the issue of HUMAN SACRIFICE is a reality. So, let me begin to rebut you this way: WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF VOTING? WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT VOTING?

VOTE -- History and Definition

Early Voting in Ancient Greece
Since approximately 508 B.C., Ancient Greece seems to have implemented the earliest form of democracy. Greeks had a "negative" election -- that is, each year voters, who were the male land owners, were asked to vote for the political leader or "candidates" they most wanted to be exiled for the next ten years.
https://www.duvalelections.com/General-Information/Learn-About-Elections/History-Of-Elections

An ancient Greek wine cup, dated all the way back to the 5th century B.C., depicts one of the earliest images of the act of voting.
http://awebofculture.com/ancient-greece-and-the-origins-of-voting/

Greek chieftains are shown choosing between heroes Ajax and Odysseus to claim the armor of the fallen Achilles during the Trojan War. To settle the decision, they voted.

Ajax and Odysseus and Achilles speaks of an earlier time than 500s BC, but more importantly, this is the land were Homosexuality and Pedophilia became well known. But then, WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT VOTING?

Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods. They shall not dwell in thy land, lest they make thee sin against me: for if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee. EXODUS 23.32-33.

Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:... DEUTERONOMY 7:12.

And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this? Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you. JUDGES 2:2-3.

So, If African Americans or White Americans choose to vote and believe they are doing something good for humanity, I can understand this, but I don't believe in this Homosexual-Pedophilic law due to the vote! I believe it is a snare. However, I believe that many people felt they were doing the right thing, but it is a contradiction for many, because your 'representative' have made law something that is considered to be an abomination and a sin. So, the real traitor would be a long these lines; That is being a traitor to your 'god'.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF COVENANT
covenant
. Literally, a contract. In the Bible (see also Bible), an agreement between God and his people, in which God makes promises to his people and, usually, requires certain conduct from them.
Covenant | Definition of Covenant at Dictionary.com
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/covenant

LEAGUE 1. An agreement. Contract, compact, treaty, pact …

a covenant or compact made between persons, parties, states, etc., for the promotion ormaintenance of common interests or for mutual assistance or service.
the aggregation of persons, parties, states, etc., associated in such a covenant or compact;confederacy.
an association of individuals having a common goal...
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/league

VOTE DEFINED
a formal expression of opinion or choice, either positive or negative, made by an individual orbody of individuals. the means by which such expression is made, as a ballot, ticket, etc.
the right to such expression:to give women the vote….
to enact, establish, or determine by vote:to vote a proposed bill into law.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/vote
Great perspective...never looked at it from that view. Thanks for sharing.

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
Isn't that what freedom means?
My apologies up front if it seems condescending lovely Queenie, or even presumptuous regarding the words which follow. I've on-line known you for several years and I can tell, or it seems, you're dealing with an internal struggle over this voting issue.

That's great news.

It seems now, even if you still vote, you'll do it sideeys and with much reluctance and thought. I would like to think that many people here contributed to this "evolution" of yours as it regards voting.

As far as Mr. K and others are concerned their actions kinda reminds me of this video:

What I want people to glean from the video is the meaning of its principle scene. An individual who got trapped in a time passed and he doesn't even know it. Likewise with voting, we see, we know and we understand we at the bottom---even with voting.

And many of us still wearing those fishbowl shoes.

You said it best elsewhere something to the effect that voting may have possibly helped somewhere in times past---but you emphasized, now, in the 21st century we need to rethink that ish.

So how you (in general) gone still do something that you know don't work? Two generations at least to demonstrate that conclusion and yet you come out thinking you looking good with your fishbowl shoes.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Ahem yeah, we all got it by now..........
so what's the plan Stan? How you gonna get to deal the cards if you don't stay in the game?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
I would not say the opposite, but my ancestors did not die for the vote but did not want to be a part of this system, and for you to tell 'a slave' and 'a captive' that they are traitors when they already have no freedom is evil. YOu speak of my black ancestors, while I am presently being held captive, how evil of you.
That means your people weren't here prior to the 50s. Because that was one of the main thrusts of the Civil Rights movement

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Okay, I had to do some reference searching-- Pardom me for a few @Perfection I know this is a thread that you started but, I need to address this insult towards my character from a certain perspective.

You see Kemetstry, this is why I understand what happened to us African American Descendants of Slaves (DOS) in how our ancestors ended up needing help from White Europeans due to this kind of disrespect of HUMAN RIGHTS, such as Freedom of Speech, Women's Rights, and freedom to worship 'god' of our choice and etc. So, yes, I am grateful for the Protestant Movement. Your statement of attack against BLACKS and this CONTROL TACTIC and DOMINATING and OPPRESSIVE actions, speaks to why the African continent and the issue of HUMAN SACRIFICE is a reality. So, let me begin to rebut you this way: WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF VOTING? WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT VOTING?

VOTE -- History and Definition

Early Voting in Ancient Greece
Since approximately 508 B.C., Ancient Greece seems to have implemented the earliest form of democracy. Greeks had a "negative" election -- that is, each year voters, who were the male land owners, were asked to vote for the political leader or "candidates" they most wanted to be exiled for the next ten years.
https://www.duvalelections.com/General-Information/Learn-About-Elections/History-Of-Elections

An ancient Greek wine cup, dated all the way back to the 5th century B.C., depicts one of the earliest images of the act of voting.

Greek chieftains are shown choosing between heroes Ajax and Odysseus to claim the armor of the fallen Achilles during the Trojan War. To settle the decision, they voted.

Ajax and Odysseus and Achilles speaks of an earlier time than 500s BC, but more importantly, this is the land were Homosexuality and Pedophilia became well known. But then, WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT VOTING?

Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods. They shall not dwell in thy land, lest they make thee sin against me: for if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee. EXODUS 23.32-33.

Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:... DEUTERONOMY 7:12.

And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this? Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you. JUDGES 2:2-3.

So, If African Americans or White Americans choose to vote and believe they are doing something good for humanity, I can understand this, but I don't believe in this Homosexual-Pedophilic law due to the vote! I believe it is a snare. However, I believe that many people felt they were doing the right thing, but it is a contradiction for many, because your 'representative' have made law something that is considered to be an abomination and a sin. So, the real traitor would be a long these lines; That is being a traitor to your 'god'.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF COVENANT
covenant
. Literally, a contract. In the Bible (see also Bible), an agreement between God and his people, in which God makes promises to his people and, usually, requires certain conduct from them.
Covenant | Definition of Covenant at Dictionary.com
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/covenant

LEAGUE 1. An agreement. Contract, compact, treaty, pact …

a covenant or compact made between persons, parties, states, etc., for the promotion ormaintenance of common interests or for mutual assistance or service.
the aggregation of persons, parties, states, etc., associated in such a covenant or compact;confederacy.
an association of individuals having a common goal...
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/league

VOTE DEFINED
a formal expression of opinion or choice, either positive or negative, made by an individual orbody of individuals. the means by which such expression is made, as a ballot, ticket, etc.
the right to such expression:to give women the vote….
to enact, establish, or determine by vote:to vote a proposed bill into law.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/vote

You have taken both Greek history and the bible out of context. Drawing lots is a vote. It is both biblical and older than the greeks

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Sis. Angela, from my perspective, we just view things a bit differently on this topic, is all. I hope I didn't upset you.

At the end of a day, we're both doing something, not just sitting on our thumbs. And whatever we do is for good reason--for our people.

Everyone, I'm not trying to be "right" on this and I hope I don't come off as being naive or robotic...marching to the beat of some moronic drum. These are just my opinions; I still have a lot to learn which is why I spend so much time here. I genuinely respect the opinion of people like Sis. @Angela22 and some others here.

But I get it. I could be classified as insane because I keep doing the same thing over and over when it comes to voting and hoping for (not expecting) different results. That's the classic definition of insanity, right? lol What can I say? I'm old and old habits can sometimes be very hard to break.

And, Sis. @Angela22 what I meant earlier by I wasn't judging or name calling was in reference to...you guessed it...our beloved friend @Kemetstry when he referred to Black people as traitors if they refused to vote. I was trying to take the whole thread into context when I wrote my reply; I wasn't referring to you when I wrote that so I apologize if you interpreted it that way.

With respect and admiration
Queenie :heart:
NNQueen you're doing just fine. You, I and a whole host of others here well know anything involving the trials, tribulations and tragedy of our history is going to evoke passion and in some cases anger because we are a unique people. That's our right. Sometimes we just need to reflect, rethink and return to the good fight. Luv always a fan.

Last edited:

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
so what's the plan Stan? How you gonna get to deal the cards if you don't stay in the game?
nahhh….I don't think you do get it. Not at all. Your idiom betrays you. You write:

"How you gonna get to deal the cards if you don't stay in the game?"

Poor idiom. In fact, a very poor idiom.

But you just said:
So, if, in fact, you do get it, your idiom certainly doesn't reflect it. Why? Because how astute is it to even wanna be in a card game that you know --way beforehand-- is rigged?

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
That means your people weren't here prior to the 50s. Because that was one of the main thrusts of the Civil Rights movement
"That means your people weren't here prior to the 50s. Because that was one of the main thrusts of the Civil Rights movement "

OH no, you are wrong, before the Civil Rights Movement--and the African Americans were led to believe in voting and changed their focus--VOTING/ELECTIONS began JULY 4, 1776!!! This is what you are 'conditioned' to believe, in that Voting Movement began in the 1950s and was vital for us, blacks, and I absolutely remember someone in this community addressing this very issue on a past thread.

VOTING/ELECTIONS was the entire thrust of the wars on European American Independence--separating from the King for the vote! The main thrust of the Civil Rights had to do with "CIVIL RIGHTS" not voting for civil rights!

There is an author that someone highlighted in this community, a White gentleman, who said that blacks were tricked into changing their focus from CIVIL RIGHTS ISSUES to VOTING for Civil Rights issues! Then someone also highlighted that some of our own leaders addressed this very trick. We went from Rosa Park incident in dealing with appealing and marching and demonstrating for EQUAL RIGHTS to Voting for equal rights.

Nevertheless, I believe that, when AFrican Americans believe it is good to support the vote to help our people, then, I would never speak against them and believe that we should all have the human freedom to work out our own choices. I do believe that we should share our views and basis and this may help our coming together in the long run, but I do not believe we should be controlling, demanding, condescending, and oppressive to other blacks who believe in other ways to help our people.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
nahhh….I don't think you do get it. Not at all. Your idiom betrays you. You write:

"How you gonna get to deal the cards if you don't stay in the game?"

Poor idiom. In fact, a very poor idiom.

But you just said:

So, if, in fact, you do get it, your idiom certainly doesn't reflect it. Why? Because how astute is it to even wanna be in a card game that you know --way beforehand-- is rigged?
Yeh uh huh sure.
How astute is it to never answer a simple question like so what's the plan?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love:
Love is Gonna Last!!
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
@One-Hundredd and @Clyde C Coger Jr ... everyone can add images and video to their own albums (as well as other categories) by clicking the MEDIA link at the top of the page too ... using this link ... https://destee.com/media/ ... just click ... ADD NEW ... to add new images / videos ... Loving Us! Thanks to both of you! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister - I owe you a phone call. Don't give up on me. I Love You! :heart: