Black Spirituality Religion : •What Black Women Should Know About Christianity•

GatekeeperCrow

Dec 7, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Occupation
Writer
ok, that's fine. but is it your position that the picture to the far right here:
View attachment 2592

this picture, in your research (and opinion), does not resemble the women in ancient India...is this correct?
That woman looks African to me, which is why I did not choose that one. Oh, and about the middle picture, that looked more like a white person than Indian.

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
That woman looks African to me, which is why I did not choose that one. Oh, and about the middle picture, that looked more like a white person than Indian.
we're making progress. you apparently eliminated the middle picture altogether. according to you, the middle picture cannot be representative of an Indian woman because she looks-- and I quote you:

"more like a white person than Indian."

i will take the liberty and infer that you hold the opinion (as do i) that there is no such thing as an ancient Indian white woman.

your process of elimination has now got us down to two pictures. that is to say, we are now only dealing with the picture to the far left and the picture to the far right.

let me clarify our next step please as you did not answer the question.

i'm merely asking which woman, in all probability, is more likely to resemble the women in ancient India during the epoch you named as the "BC era." at this time, do not concern yourself with dress, customs, or the ajna, which you call "bindi." what we wanna know is which woman would we, in all probability, have seen on the streets of New Delhi...the woman to the left or the woman to the right?

GatekeeperCrow

Dec 7, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Occupation
Writer
The one to the left. My reason being that the woman's complexion looks Indian to me. However, a picture with no source isn't going to convince me, even if you say I'm wrong, what proof (a source) is there to indicate such?

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
The one to the left. My reason being that the woman's complexion looks Indian to me. However, a picture with no source isn't going to convince me, even if you say I'm wrong, what proof (a source) is there to indicate such?
one moment please...if it's ok with you, I would like for us to rewind a bit. earlier you stated this:

".... But you can't get me to believe that one."

if it's ok with you, i would like to get more familiar with your studies and research as it regards to your and my discussion. but before we get there, let me ask you a question please. in the above quote (in bold), am i incorrect in inferring that what you really mean is this:

"no matter what you show me I will choose not to believe"

is that an appropriate inference or no?

I'm Becoming Me

Jul 6, 2013
Occupation
Lover & Fighter...
Don't have time right now to elaborate, but will eventually.

To make it short though..Love god and neighbor as yourself.

The kingdom of god is within you.

Etc, etc,,..
you state that Christ's "words still today are life"...would you mind elaborating on that please?

GatekeeperCrow

Dec 7, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Occupation
Writer
one moment please...if it's ok with you, I would like for us to rewind a bit. earlier you stated this:

".... But you can't get me to believe that one."

if it's ok with you, i would like to get more familiar with your studies and research as it regards to your and my discussion. but before we get there, let me ask you a question please. in the above quote (in bold), am i incorrect in inferring that what you really mean is this:

"no matter what you show me I will choose not to believe"

is that an appropriate inference or no?
No, it is not. Show me solid proof (sources) and I will be more willing to believe.

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
No, it is not. Show me solid proof (sources) and I will be more willing to believe.
that's good to hear. you know, i'm interested in knowing a few things about your research. you seem to be absolutely certain about the resemblance of ancient women in India. you seem certain as to what group cannot be the resemblance ( the picture in the middle and the picture to the right) but sure that the picture to the far left is the best option.

because you're convinced only by solid proof and evidence--and, you already constructed the perimeters for what constitutes evidence/proof...may i ask you share with us the various sources as to where you get your research from which can clearly demonstrate--without a doubt-- that the women of ancient India resemble the woman in the picture to the far left? put another way, what evidence has persuaded you that ancient women of India do not look like the woman to the far right?

thank you.

GatekeeperCrow

Dec 7, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Occupation
Writer
because you're convinced only by solid proof and evidence--and, you already constructed the perimeters for what constitutes evidence/proof...may i ask you share with us the various sources as to where you get your research from which can clearly demonstrate--without a doubt-- that the women of ancient India resemble the woman in the picture to the far left? put another way, what evidence has persuaded you that ancient women of India do not look like the woman to the far right?

thank you.[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for allowing me the chance to do some research. From what I have found when searching out images of ancient Indian women is a variety of hues, leading me to revise my earlier position that the other two pictures aren't indian women. I found these images:
bride2.jpgimagesCARE215T.jpgB-3E.jpg

So, I concur with you that there were women in India of a darker hue at that time. However, this is not evidence that a black woman started Hinduism. My research still says there is no known founder.

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
You wrote:

"Well, thanks for allowing me the chance to do some research. From what I have found when searching out images of ancient Indian women is a variety of hues, leading me to revise my earlier position that the other two pictures aren't indian women. I found these images:
View attachment 2597View attachment 2595View attachment 2596

So, I concur with you that there were women in India of a darker hue at that time. However, this is not evidence that a black woman started Hinduism. My research still says there is no known founder."
--------
ok, now I'm a bit confused so please bear with me as I try and understand your position. well, your new position. of the pictures you just posted (in this quote), is it your position that the first one you posted here:

View attachment 2597

is it your position that we would have found her resemblance walking on the streets of ancient New Delhi?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: