Higher Standard Required : Our Mission - The Core Foundational Pieces of Destee

Discussion in 'Our Rules - Higher Standard Required' started by Destee, May 22, 2009.

1. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,344
    Thank you, Destee, for this community to share said love. :heart::love:

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Obajoe

Obajoe Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +42
    greetings: destee, board members and guests, i am pleased to be finally able to express myself in this space. it took me several days to finally register, due to yahoo's new email "upgrade" program. let it be said that it was an inauspicious experience, which i don't care to relive here... even so, if it's no bother, i would like to be able recover my original name (obajoe) which was lost in the registration process....

i have read the rules of what is expected of me, and have no problem behaving myself. but let me be the first to point out that i am a man of a few words (very few words), but i hope that i bring a small bit of value to this board. thanks

we say people
    of color they say
    “minorities”

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,103

:hello: Obajoe ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thank you for posting to this, one of my most favorite threads ... :love:

Thanks too for joining, sharing, and respecting our rules.

I have changed your username to .... Obajoe ... please login in accordingly.

Please make yourself at home!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

4. Obajoe

Obajoe Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +42
    i can't thank you enough, esp. for my handle... that filler name was something i hope never be called by (-: anyway, i loved your photos. you have collected a few of my all time favorites. in the coming days, i hope to put up a few of my own... thanks again. in unity, obajoe

5. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +476

Sister Destee, as I read this paragraph I couldn't help but think of how difficult it can be at times when one has a passion and belief in something that speaks to their heart, their soul and stay the course when the rewards and recognition are very minimal..To continue on a mission when folks try to convince you that it can not be done and show very little support or confidence( Oh ye of little faith)..But you continue onward..

People very seldom recognize the sacrifices that are made and hardships sometimes endured when one steps outside of the box and attempts to make a difference...They have very little comprehension of why a person would devote themselves to something if it is not paying them $dividends$...Most folks will not put themselves out there like you have and for that you have my utmost respect.. The rewards or dividends that you receive can not be measured in $$$$. It comes from the gratification and reassurance of self that what you have built and committed yourself too is worthy. And if your creator put this in your heart then you must feel compelled to follow through (which you have)..

It takes a bit of courage and a unyielding tenacious spirit to constantly maintain a sense of balance in ones life as they juggle between so many others things and this site. I appreciate what you have put together here and you will always have my support in more ways than one... Continue along the path sister Destee that has been laid out before you.. It is lit for you and your steps are being guided along the way.....
    Many, Many Blessings

• Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,060
    Thank you so much, Bro. AI D for bringing this thread back up for all of us to see because I love it. :jumping:

Sis. Destee, this brought back sooooo many fond memories of how far back we go together. Wow, it's hard to believe that so many years have passed since I first met you BEFORE this site was built. I loved you then and I love you now for the person that you are which is so special and rare. It warms my heart to see how this site has grown and continues to be a place where people come (including myself) to support you and find comfort in hanging out with other Black people, sharing our inner-most thoughts about who we are and how we feel. This is truly a testament to your vision and sense of purpose and I'm proud to be a charter member.

As it happens for a lot of us, life happens and it takes me away for a while, but I always come back and always with a lot to say. :p I like the people, I love the conversations. And, seeing some of the names of members who have posted to this thread that we used to hang out with, it made me think, dang, where is that sister! Some people will never go away though...like Kemestry...lol And I say that with love, Keme! ;)

THANK YOU for your tenacity, sis and your inner beauty...you're the best!! :love:

• List
  7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,060
    Bro. AI D, yes, take a page out of Destee's book of life. Hang in there and keep doing what you believe in because it's all about timing...being in the right place at the right time. Keep doing it and like-minded people will be drawn to you. :toast:

• Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  8. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Most definitely sister, most definitely...Blessings

9. shaka64

shaka64 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Photographer
    Ratings:
    +942
    Right on my Sister.

• List
  10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,103

hi Brother Al D ... thank you so much.

Your post brought emotions rushing in ... memories ... tears well up in my eyes ... thank you.

It's taken a lot to be who we are, live like we do, here at destee, and while it is almost automatic for us now, it was not always this way. It was hard maintaining a position that others would not choose willingly ... :) ... look'n kinda krazee sometimes ... standing alone ... never really knowing if the choices made were right.

This missive, our core foundational pieces, often soothed me along the way. Guided me when i was not sure (and still does!). Even if everything was going the other way, we could comfortably remain steadfast in them. I speak of our core foundational pieces as if they are an entity unto themselves, because they are. It has been an amazing experience.

Thank you for being here with me and us ... giving in so many ways.

Thank you for bringing this, one of my most favorite threads, back to the top ... thank you!

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

• List