Black Relationships : How Important is Black Love

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by panafrica, Jan 6, 2006.

1. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +238
    But according to your Bible, not even God loves everyone.

Then by that standard, the Sister is doing just fine, by selectively loving those she chooses to love, just as your God does.

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +238
    With that said, Black Love is THE most important thing in the world, at this moment.

3. JuneBugg

JuneBugg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +247
    Love is what makes the world go around, hate can actually stop it.

But Black love is very special because as African Americans we have been conditioned to believe we don't have the traits to allure love, to attract love. The tone of our skin, our nappy hair, our wide noses, our thick lips, our round butts were not celebrated in white narratives but those traits were used as weapons to deform our sense of worth to the point many of us carry self loathing.

So I would say Black love is the most important factor in recovering from the psychological oppression that is still being waged against us. Self loathing causes many to see themselves as not worthy and accept whatever crumbs are offered, it causes people to settle for less and not reach out for more, it causes many to not reach within and pull the best they have to offer in pursuit of lives they dream to become. Love is a powerful neurological force and like hunger and thirst, love has serious consequences when it is NOT serviced. Love can make us feel like we are floating, Eros, this is why love is depicted as having wings...lol Cupid.

But Black love is what is lacking in our communities in fact its lacking in every corner in the planet but as black people we can certainly see the consequences when love, is not flowing freely because as we all know there is a thin line between love and hate, like love, hate is also a powerful neurological force. Hate has serious consequences when it IS serviced.

I could go on and on on this because as a black man I have felt the unique stimulation society has thrown at me as rocks, arrows, missiles and bombs to destroy my self image, love for myself and being comfortable being black and being proud of it feeling good and secure being who and what I am.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  4. ellen covington

ellen covington Well-Known Member MEMBER

community leader
    Ratings:
    +120
    Black love is possible and can last under any pressure. The two people just have to want it and make up their minds with respect for each other. If you both are in constant mind looking out for each other and building for your future together you will just grow stronger. The problem comes in when we are always looking for something better and never doing as good as we could have done just working with one person long term and building.

5. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,186
    May we love whomever we fall in love with, but nothing beats a sistah for me. Not a woman in the world can touch a black woman in my book.

Nothing like it.

I believe in love. Love conquers all. Love who floats your boat.

...but black love...that's the only romantic love for me. ;)

6. ellen covington

ellen covington Well-Known Member MEMBER

community leader
    Ratings:
    +120
    Black love is very important and I also believe it should be pure not black love on anything else. I more shows with mixed couples than black. They are trying to draw a picture for the kids as if that is the way its supposed to be. White ple know their genes are inferior and they have barren problems so they like to mix wit black every so often just to keep a lil bit of the original man through out their generations

7. InquisitiveBlackPrincess

InquisitiveBlackPrincess New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I absolutely LOVE Blk men, it breaks my heart however to confess, I don't believe most of them feel the same... Sure we have our challenges, but hold out, there are many of us who are as close to 100 as you can get! I feel Black Love is worth waiting for & should definitely be celebrated, especially since it is becomtog such a rarity! I think so many are also fearful of having beautiful Blk babies with our bold & beautiful features bc society has convenienced us otherwise. Other race men approach me & adore me, but I'm holding out for my Blk King bc I feel ultimately, no one else can truly fulfill me. Although I am frequently accused of being a tease & or a racist (awkward). Lastly to better address the question YES I think many Blk Ppl are giving up on Blk Love & feel it is Impossible & or too difficult, but I feel that 2intelligent Blk Ppl can see the ignorance in that & then it simply becomes a matter of patience & tenacity!

8. InquisitiveBlackPrincess

InquisitiveBlackPrincess New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    OMG Refreshing!

9. COMMUNISM

COMMUNISM Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    majority of blacks around the world are married to each other. this swirl thing is propaganda

10. Kendrra Foster

Kendrra Foster Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Black love is as eternal as the air we breathe. I'd love to be in love with a black man, to be honestly love by a black man. There is nothing more abiding than love between a black man and a black woman who consciously choose to gift each other love and then nurture that love.

Let's work on raising that thought!!!