Black People Politics : Confused by America's Response to Charlottesville Virginia Racism

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Destee, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    Peace and Blessings Family.

I am confused by America's response to racism when Black People are marginalized, disproportionately imprisoned and killed every single day.

Did the Charlottesville, VA event show something that had not always been?

Should we expect some different treatment now?

I'm confused at the hoopla of it all.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Loving Us!

:heart:

Destee

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,544
    :qqb009:they killed a white woman.....

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  3. Senegal

Senegal going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +341
    Bingo.

Putting a white victims face on the issue definitely played a part. That and the outrage that Drumpfs response is creating. Whites dont like being reminded of their genetic predisposition to violence and mayhem. They would rather it be confined to those very few on the alt right and people of color instead of being echoed in their new leader.

4. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,836
    Absolutely!

5. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,836
    Greetings Sister Destee!

First of all, may this young woman's spirit RIP, a life cut short, so young. This is so unfair.

Now, her life has been sacrificed in this government who has allowed these hate groups to exercise their rights to have this kind of public forum, but to respond to this thread question, I believe that her background and why she had the opportunity to be able to go out and march against this hate group parade needs to be kept in view.

I read she was employed by a Black man, and this is the key. I wish that I could have this kind of job opportunity, Oh but no! If I were a White woman, down on my luck, and had the opportunity to marry a wealthy football player, I wonder would I take it? hmh. And if that Black man became victimized by racism, I guess I would have to stand by his side...

She worked at a bar and another job before she was hired as a paralegal for this black man, and continued to keep those two jobs, and she set her own hours at this law firm, to the point this same boss, said, tht he had to arrange his schedule around hers because he said, 'she liked to sleep late'.

So even though, this same racist system allowed a judge to take my kids for 3 years on a false allegation and cause me to become poor, and even though, this same system allowed me to get an education, score high on national exams, however, they also allowed this job to injure me permanently, then fire me, with no medical benefits... while my kids were still young. I guess I should be happy that white people go out and march for my human rights and my freedom along with pedophiles and child kidnappers and abusers and every bodies human rights too, to commit human rights violations. Do I need this kind of hero?

I could certainly benefit from that same black lawyer to defend my cause because this government sure did kidnap my children, and then garnished my wages for 3 years after I went into court to prove the false allegations. They paid out TANF, foster care funds for 3 years, and then garnished my wages to get the money back, ... for kidnapping my kids. Talk about reverse and rolling back over the victim...

But instead, this lawyer was trying to be fair and so, I suppose, I would also be grateful for an opportunity to have a nice life, a job, even if my boss is black. I guess, it seems gracious for Ms. Heyer to show her gratitude for this kind of break in life.

6. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,836
    I remember watching the movie, Glory, starring Denzel Washington, when at one point, the black soldier aimed his gun at a White woman who ran out of her mansion in defense of her 'property', and the white leader of course became hostile in defense of the White woman, and admonished the soldier for not recognizing that she was off limits.

7. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    You know the saying, "Nothing is new up under the sun!"

This happened in the 60s when the three abolitionist went missing! 2 who were Black and 1 White. One difference is less Americans were denying their racist attitude and behavior towards Black People!

Fast forward to now, they're trying to convince the world their hate, bigotry, advantages, and unjust murders of Black People don't exist here in America anymore. Atleast not to the point in which we Black people are "claiming" it be.

As much as they try to deny it, the more evident it becomes. Witnessing this mess on national television took many people back to the 60's and have the world questioning Americas morality. This morality that we seem to wear as a badge of honor when discussing other countries moral senses. While creating reasonings for going into those countries to help fix their moral compass!

What a joke! They whole world is watching to see how America is going to handle this mess!

"America, the so called land of the free and righteous! Home of the brave!"

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,544
    :11100:TV is now global...the world is watching

• Like Like x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  9. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    Thank you Brother James!
    Exactly!:love:

10. Senegal

Senegal going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +341
    Amazing article from the cousin of Heather Heyer the woman that got killed. I was actually impressed at her insightful letter.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/19/opini...sin-racism-has-no-place-in-america/index.html

Heather Heyer's cousin: Racism will get worse unless we stop it now

Diana Ratcliff: A man in a car ran down my cousin because she joined her fellow residents against the neo-Nazis and white supremacists, who long ago forfeited their place in our politics
    cnn.com

"White nationalists aren't some uneducated backwater clowns that are going to disappear. They're loan officers, they're service providers, they're professionals, they're public servants, they're college students, they're everyday people."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List