Black People : CHARLOTTESVILLE NAZIS BEING IDENTIFIED AND FIRED THRU THE NET

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kemetstry, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Senegal

Senegal going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +341
    I've been prepared for a while now.

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,060
    There are a lot of stupid and ignorant people in our midst; ones you can't predict what they are going to do; copycat sensationalists; group think people who go along to get along types. I don't believe what we witnessed last weekend is the end of the chaos. College campuses are the target for hate groups. Those are the places where free speech is protected the most. Hate mongers are NOT NICE people as Trump described them and passionately told the world the other day. Just because they shed tears doesn't make them like you and me. Neither does it mean they are incapable of doing diabolical and despicable things. I don't underestimate a fool and I'm highly suspicious now of people around me who look harmless that I may have known for a long time. I don't know which side of the fence they stand. Having said that, how am I supposed to think and act now? Well, I go about my daily business like I did before because I have bills to pay, but definitely doing it with my eyes wide open.

3. Senegal

Senegal going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +341
    I was talking to my eldest daughter about this very topic. When she was a teenager she would get on my case about not trusting whites. Yesterday she told me she understands why now. She has been shocked by some of the things her white "friends" have alluded to even though they wont come right out and say it. My advice to her was to just remain professional and keep working on her PHD and try to find other Black people to hang out with.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,403
  5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,836
    How do we cope from day to day while are offspring have to exist in a world like this? I try not to stress, but it is so hard some times. I don't control my sons, but that is so hard too.

6. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,836
  7. mikeUK

mikeUK going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +9
    if you live by the sword, you should be prepared to die by it too. Hate like this cannot be ignored and some sort of justice is beginning to happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,403

Probably. Moreover, I think they will be driven back underground. They are being stalked on the net as well

9. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,060
    Good questions, Sis. Chevron; very good questions. We can't control our children, especially when they are at an age when they can think and do for themselves. But I believe it's critical that we have deep conversations with them about what's going on so they know where you stand and you know where they stand. Bro. Senegal and his daughter have a different bond now. They will look out for each other differently now because they have a common understanding. They won't take anything or anyone for granted now. We must do the same as best we can. Start the conversation if you haven't already.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  10. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,060
    I think they will go incognito due to the public backlash but as long as their leader in the WH continues to defend them, it will be a slow process. I also think they will push the "free speech" argument to its limit. The law is a bit tricky in defining racial slurs as not protected by the first amendment and from what I understand, hate speech is not illegal and is, therefore, protected. Think back to the CRM in the 60s and Ruby Bridges and what she had to endure during the long walk she had to make with federal marshalls to the all white school when school desegregation was finally mandated.Trump claims that protesters who want confederate statues removed are trying to change American culture and he's against that--which tells you which side of the line he stands on. We're going to have to deal with them regardless and, frankly, I'm okay with that because I think it's long overdue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List